Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slime 10009 Tubeless Tire Sealant - 32 oz.
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

Size: 32 Ounce|Change

on January 3, 2009
It was getting to the point that I was filling my tires 2 to 3 times a week. I took the worst of the tires and soaped it up. The leaking was coming from around the bang-on rim weight. I called up my local tire repair shop and they wanted $25+ to dismount, clean and remount the tire to fix the rim-leak. Since all four tires were leaking, it would cost me over $100 (with tax, etc.) to have all tires done. Then, I remembered Slime, and asked a guy at the auto parts store if it worked. He said that his tires were leaking like a sieve all around the side-walls, which Slime fixed. IMPORTANT: He said NOT to follow the instructions on the bottle and, instead, put in 8oz per tire for 24 in. tires. That is roughly 60% more than recommended according to the instructions on the bottle.

I was able to buy a 32oz bottle for around $9.00 where I live. When I got home, I got a ruler, placed the bottle upright on a flat surface and measured the amount of liquid in the bottle. I made 4 marks on the side of the bottle with an indelible marker -- dividing the contents into 4 parts (if the label goes all the way around the bottle with no gap, you will have to peel some of the label off so you can mark the bottle directly and see the remaining level of fluid inside as you squeeze the contents into each tire). I then took out my hydraulic jack; jacked up one side of the car in order to relieve the weight on the tires when deflated, then removed the valve from the stems in the two tires on that side. After all air was out of the tires, I squeezed in 1/4 (8oz) of the bottle into each tire, screwed the valve back into the stems, re-inflated the tires and dropped the car back onto the garage floor. I repeated this procedure with the other side of the car. All-in-all, it didn't take me more than 30 minutes to deflate all four tires, squeeze the slime in and re-fill them with air.

I then took the car out for a drive -- to work the Slime into all the crevices of the tire and rim. There was an immediate difference; and, within a few days of driving (because it takes time to work the slime into all the nooks and crannies) there were no more severe leaks. It was the first time I was able to go for more than a week without having to fill my tires. After 3-4 weeks, the tires are holding air and I don't even have to top them off anymore.

Interestingly, just last week before Christmas, I noticed that one of the tires on my wife's car was flat. Luckily, I noticed it while it was still sitting in the garage. I filled it up with air, and it was flat the next morning. I filled it up again, and it was flat that evening (it was getting worse real fast). I took the tire off and soaped it up like I did on my car. Wow! There were leaks all around both the inside and outside rim (must be all the salt and below-zero weather). So, like I did to my car, I slimed it and filled it up with air. I drove it around for about 10 minutes and parked it. A few days later, it still read the same pressure as I put in it a few days earlier after I slimed it. A few days later, I did the other three tires.

As I figure it, I saved over $200 in rim-cleaning & remounting costs for 8-tires with two $9.00 32oz bottles of Slime.

Also, be aware, that since there is so much slime in the tires (way more than the directions say to use, as explained above following the instructions from the auto-parts guy), at speeds over 35-40 mph, the tires will be a bit unbalanced for about a mile until the slime evens out from centrifugal force -- something that I have no problem living with, since it saved me over $200. After about a mile, everything smoothes out and the wheels automatically fall back into balance (kind of like those centrifugal balancing weights used on 18-wheelers). I have driven at speeds up to 65 mph for long durations with no noticeable shimmy or bounce after the slime re-balances itself inside the tires.
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2012
I have an old pickup truck with LT245/75R 16 tires and both front tires were losing air. Since I don't use the truck often I'd usually find a tire flat... and it would alternate between sides. I took both to the shop and was told that since they aren't used often the bead around the rims will get brittle and slowly leak air. They took the tires off the rims, cleaned them and put some type of sealer around the beads. That seemed to cure the problem for one tire but the other would still go flat in about a week so now I had to inflate it weekly with my portable compressor. I live 20 miles from the nearest repair shop, gas station or air pump so I went next to a tire shop. As you may have guessed, they said the only cure was two new front tires since they had to match and at about three hundred total I was not happy and thought pumping it up weekly was now a viable alternative. I shopped Amazon for some new valve stems and then saw this Slime product.

I read the reviews and saw that someone said it fixed their tire that was leaking around the bead so, what the heck, I thought it was worth a try. I put 8oz. in as the reviewer recommended, drove it about 50 miles and haven't pumped a pound of air in for the last month. Problem seems to be solved and for the fifteen bucks for this and about five more for the Slime 20088 4-Way Tool with 4 Valve Core... to get the tool to remove the stem... it literally saved me hundreds of dollars to replace tires that are still about 50% on tread wear. With the few miles I use it that's about 7-10 years more. I also found that where I parked the truck was not good because the front tires never got any sunlight. If they don't get some sun they do not expand and that's what helps keep the bead sealed when the natural heat of driving isn't there often enough.

I can't believe this problem was solved so easily and for such a low cost. Five stars isn't enough!

Update 12/10/2012... tires are still solid and though I've added a little air to one I don't think the tire actually lost air but rather my tire guage is not all that accurate. Anyway, the Slime stopped the leaking!
44 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 24, 2013
THIS VERSION IS NOT TPMS-SAFE. If your car uses a tire pressure monitoring system, get the slime variant which purports to be TPMS-safe. If your leak is nowhere near the size limit advertised (such as two smaller holes from a construction-size staple penetration), consider using a smaller quantity of the stuff than recommended and then use a lot of air pressure (be safe, but be at the highest safe PSI) and a little extra time/distance rolling the tire after filling. The end result is that you still seal the leak completely but there's less excess sealant bouncing around to create the jarring or vibration or noise that some have complained about when at higher-than-recommended-limit speeds. 4 oz. really goes a very long way unless you're driving some sort of industrial land pontoon.
VINE VOICEon November 12, 2010
Having to put air in your mower tire before each use is a nuisance. This can be avoided by simply giving it a dose of Slime. This packaged version of Slime is not as simple to insert in the tire as, for example, the aerosol can method. However, the results are what counts and this Slime can stop the slow leak and keep the pressure where it belongs. Good product.
on June 26, 2015
I had a slow leak in one of my car tires. 2 different tire places were not able to find a leak. The tire was going from 36 lbs to 25 lbs over the course of 1-2 weeks. Very aggravating, So I thought I would give Slime a try in that tire. It worked great. It has been 1 month and I just checked the tire. Still 36 lbs. Even though I just did that one tire, I have had no problem with shaking or shimmy in the steering at speeds up to 80 mph.
on May 7, 2014
Installed on 4 tires on Commercial Mower. Everything you need is on the bottle. Skeptical at first but worked flawlessly. Valve stem removal on cap. Install tube fit snug with no dripping. Recommend letting slime warm up to let slime flow easier. Had 32 oz bottle. Put 16 oz in each tire. A push pump would make install easier but with some good hand strength was able to gravity feed all contents. Recommend jacking up each wheel and have valve at 6:00 position when pushing slime in by squeezing bottle. Slow and steady with warm slime used entire bottle with no waste. My larger rear tire had multiple leaks from thorns and after install checked air pressure after mowing. Air gauge read 25 psi the same as when I installed Slime. I am a believer. We we see how long it's good for. Says 2 years. Well worth the investment if you can't get no flat tires in your size.
on February 7, 2015
I have a family of 6 and I kept having to patch the tubes. I live in Arizona where there are goatherds (big 1/2 inch spikes on seeds). They have popped everywhere from my tires to my kids tires. I do not know what I was thinking by patching the old fashion way. The tires on the 6 bikes where all leaking. I would pump them up and then in a matter of a day they were low again.

Summary: After 2 weeks all 12 tires on the 6 bikes are still full. Miracle achieved!!!!!

Instructions for bike:
1. Remove the black lid on the slime.
2. Use the black lid to unscrew the valve stem on the bike tire. Super easy.
3. Install the included straw onto the slime bottle.
4. Install the other end of the straw over the bike tube stem.
5. Squeeze the bottle (children bikes 2-3 oz, adult bikes - 4 oz for each tire) by the way, the bottle itself has markings that tell you how much you are putting in
6. Put back in the valve stem using the black lid and pump up your tire.
7. Ride the bike for about 1-2 minutes to allow the slime to spread inside the tube
8. DONE!

Time: 5 minutes per tire.
on October 4, 2014
My parents riding lawnmower had flat tires. There are random nails and strewn about in their 5 acre property. Its about 70 dollars to replace each tire. Its also about 100 to 120 dollars to replace it with a brand new rim. After plugging 2 holes with tire sealing plugs and checking for leaks with soapy water still couldn't solve my leaky tire pressure issues I decided to try this product. It works as advertised and I've had no issues with the tires since. It also saved me a whole lot of money.
on May 4, 2013
I've used this for years and it works great. I just happened to buy it from Amazon this time, hence the review here. Oh, be sure to remove your valve stem first. Seems that people think you can just squirt this stuff in with the stem still in.
on October 1, 2011
I've been using this stuff for years because it works! Buy a larger size because you can keep it around for a long time and use it as you need it. My experience is that you don't need as much as the instructions recommend. (You can always add a little more.) I don't think it works as well if the tires are kept where they are subject to really cold temperatures, but I don't know that for sure. Anyways it works for me and it sure beats pumping up tires with slow leaks.