|Item Weight||0.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||12 x 9.1 x 6.5 inches|
|Item model number||40026|
|Manufacturer Part Number||40026|
|OEM Part Number||40026|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Slime 40026 2X Heavy Duty Direct Drive Tire Inflator
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Dual cylinder inflator for maximum power inflation
- Its dual piston motor allows it to air up a standard car tire in 2 minutes
- Direct drive inflator that connects directly to the battery for maximum power
- Dial gauge in line on the hose
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item Slime 40026 2X Heavy Duty Direct Drive Tire Inflator
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$17.53|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||MX PowerPlay||Carcoverkingdom|
|Item Dimensions||9.06 x 12.01 x 6.5 in||6.25 x 6.75 x 10.75 in||7.9 x 10.4 x 7.4 in||8 x 8 x 10 in||7.13 x 7 x 9.25 in||—|
Slime 2X Heavy Duty Direct Drive Tire Inflator has two cylinders to deliver maximum power for rapid inflation making it Slime's most powerful imflator. Included is a coiled air hose, in-line dial gauge and heavy duty rigid storage case. It connects directly to battery and inflates mid-size car tire in 2 minutes. It also features an internal thermal break to prevent overheating, inline dial gauge with shock resistant housing, 30-foot total reach and bright LED light. Alligator-clip power adapters, in-line dial guage amd 30-foot total reach air hose with twist connect come standard. Aluminum folding handle and air adapters are included as well.
From the manufacturer
Since 1989, Slime has been committed to providing customers with high quality, innovative tire care products. As one of the worldwide leaders in tire care, Slime offers a complete line that gives customers the tools they need to care for their tires, save money, stay safe, and have fun.
Slime is dedicated to creating products that are safe for the user, the tire, and the environment—as solidified by Slime’s Green Promise.
Slime 40026 2X Heavy Duty Tire Inflator
The 2X Tire Inflator is Slime’s most powerful inflator. Its dual piston motor allows it to air up a standard car tire in 2 minutes. It also has a direct drive motor and thermal break feature to prevent overheating.
- Alligator clip power adapter
- Bright LED light
- Heavy-duty rigid case
- Green coil air hose 670cm in length with twist disconnect
- Air hose 82cm with twist connect
- In-line dial gauge 0-150psi
- CFM: 1.9 cfm average
- Max current: 22A
Quick and Easy to Use
1. Attach twist-connect air fitting to compressor, then screw the opposite end connector onto tire’s valve stem.
2. Attach battery clips to battery, positive side first.
3. Switch compressor 'on' and inflate tire to manufacturer’s recommended air pressure. When proper pressure is reached, turn off compressor and disconnect power cord, ground side first.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
1. The unit must work off the car battery and NOT the cigarette lighter. Lesser inflators/compressors work from the cigarette lighter jack but still have a high power requirement (15A or higher). This can potentially blow your cars' accessory fuse and cause more headaches than it solves. Direct connect to the battery insures the inflator/compressor gets the power it needs and won't blow any fuses. [TIE].
2. I want an inflator/compressor that works fast, I don't want to sit around forever waiting for a tire to be inflated. Both models are rated at about 1.9CFM. In the real world, that equated to taking 30seconds to add 10psi to each of my sport 17" tires (245/40R17) that were all a bit low. [TIE].
3. Has to be portable and easily storable in my small car. [SLIME WIN: Only the Slime comes with a carry case and has a handle on the unit, the ViAir 88p doesn't have the case or a carry handle].
4. Has to be reliable. I will be keeping this stowed in my car trunk for emergencies and for tire maintenance. Whether it makes an actual difference or not, it does seem to makes sense it would...The Slime has Dual Cylinders while the ViAir has only 1. [SLIME WIN: Slime dual-cylinders, ViAir single-cylinder).
The Slime and the ViAir both have almost exactly the same specs when it comes to performance and made the choice between the 2 extremely hard. But when I took into consideration the portability and storability, then the Slime easily edged the win. The Slime has the carry-handle, a storage case and a coiled-hose which all work together to get the job done, but then also packs up nice and tight to be stored away.
The other little nicety that the Slime has, but not the ViAir, is an LED light to help light up the work area. That's very considerate since you're not always guaranteed a well lit area to work in.
So that's why I bought the Slime, now here's what I think about how well the unit actually works;
+++ THE PROS +++
+ WORKS FAST
+ TWIST-ON TIRE CONNECTOR
+ CARRYING HANDLE
+ COILED HOSE
--- THE CONS ---
- SMALL BATTERY CONNECTORS
- HARD TO READ TIRE GAUGE
- FLIMSY CASE
*** THE DETAILS & WRAP-UP ***
While these inflators/compressors seem great for pumping up tires, and come with built-in tire pressure gauges, I don't put much stock in the gauges accuracy. A tire gauge is most accurate in their mid-range and the one that comes with the Slime reads from 0-150psi so it's most accurate in the 75psi range which doesn't help me with my car tires that are around 35psi! So I also purchased the Intercomp tire gauge (highly rated by Consumer Reports) to go along with the inflator. It is well regarded for accuracy, has a HUGE 4" easy to read and glow-in-the-dark display, and it's range is 0-60psi so its' accuracy sweetspot is right where I need it.
I had swapped out my stock tires on my car with 17" summer sport tires sized 245/40r17. I checked the pressure and they all read 24psi (give or take a psi on each wheel). I'd like them to be 35psi. I connected the battery leads (red first, then black, as instructed), twisted-on the hose to the front passenger tire and flipped the on/off switch to on. Waited about 30 seconds then turn it off, I check the pressure with the Intercomp and it reads 35psi almost right on the dot, great. Repeat the process on the back passenger tire and get the same result. Repeat for the other tires and I'm done. Added 10psi to all 4 wheels in less than 5min, with a little portable pump, not bad at all! After the last tire was done I checked the unit for heat and it was cool to the ouch all around...Though the hose where it connects to the unit was rather hot (almost too hot to touch and hold).
Afterwards everything goes back into the case fairly easily and I pack it away in the passenger side rear footwell (until I get a proper trunk organizer so it doesn't go flying around everywhere in the trunk) and it fits there no problem (which is a testament to how compact this unit packs away because of my small car (Scion FR-S).
I don't doubt I would've gotten the same performance and results with the ViAir 88p, but it wouldn't have packed away so easily or compactly as the Slime does. This is a great little unit, I highly recommend it.