Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slime 60089 Quick Spair Tire Inflator - 16 oz.
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Price:$6.87+ Free shipping (Addon item)

I bought Slime Spair for my car's emergency kit. I used it yesterday for a nail in my Honda Odyssey tire and it held up overnight until I could get to the tire shop. It's very easy to use. I just connect the hose and press a button and it inflated my tire. I put some more air into the tire with my portable air compressor and didn't have any problems.

The guy at the tire shop says this stuff ruins the rims when people drive around with it in their tires for months. Since I only had it in overnight and I don't do it often, it was okay. They were able to clean it out and fix my tire so it's good as new. I'd rather do Slime than change a tire, so I am back on Amazon to buy another can.
on April 23, 2013
I have a whole bunch of hobbies. One is off-roading in dune buggies, quads and motorcycles. Out in the middle of nowhere, flats are a super drag...

I have tried all the liquid patches, and this stuff works by far the best. One trip out on a quad I grazed a very sharp rock, and it sliced a 2 inch long cut in the sidewall. I thought I was screwed, but I tried the Slime anyway. To my surprise, the tire held pressure for the 10 mile ride back to camp! Of course the tire was toast, but Slime got me back home.

Another great use is rim sealing on big tires. I have 24" rims on my truck, and over time was having problems with the tubeless tires leaking air around the aluminum rims. I tried the fix a flat from the convenience store, and it worked only for about 10 miles, then started leaking again. Had to take it into the tire shop, where they remove the tire from the rim and applied a tar like sealant to the rim. Took 1 & 1/2 hours and $45 from my life...

When my next tire started the same problem, I tried 1/3 a can of Slime. Problem solved, no leaks in 20,000+ miles. Even worked on the small tires on my commercial hand truck that needed air ever time I used it, and on the bicycles.

Slime comes in two application types. One is just slime in a bottle so you can inject it into a tire before there is a leak. It just stays in there waiting for an air leak to plug up. The other application type is their "Quick Spare", which includes Slime and compressed air in a can to seal AND inflate a flat or low tire when your out and about.

One of the things that worried me was if the Slime would damage my tire pressure sensors. No problems so far after 60,000 plus miles and 2 sets of tires.

Over time I have put a can of Quick Spare in all my vehicles. It has saved me (and my friends I have had to rescue) a lot of time and money...
on July 23, 2015
Ain't nothing close in Texas, and out here in Mount Goatmore it's a two hour drive just to get within fifty miles of anywhere. Am very glad I had this on hand, as having to go into town to the auto parts store or Tractor Supply puts a major dent in the day.

Bunch of Sundays ago tried to mow too close to one of the cattle panels that separate the yard from the pasture and put a whoppin' great puncture in the sidewall of the riding mower's left rear tire.

'Golly, Gosh, and Gee Whiz!' I said. I may have said 'Shuckins' and 'Darn It All To Heck' as well.

*****MANDATORY SAFETY WARNING***** *****MANDATORY SAFETY WARNING*****

Do NOT Try This Fix On ANY Road Or Highway Tire!

Liberally coated the edges of the puncture with rubber cement and let it cure for ten minutes. Inserted a tire plug into the insertion tool, coated it with rubber cement and inserted it into the puncture. It took FOUR of the tire plugs to seal that hole - FOUR!
Used a single edge razor blade to trim the ends of the plugs to within one-quarter inch of the side wall.

Let them sit for another ten minutes and then filled the tire with Slime Quick Spair. Tire inflated and held pressure, and I recommenced mowing.

It's been several months now, and the tire is still holding pressure.

This is good stuff - saved the tire and saved me a long trip into town.

UPDATE 22JUL16: Tire still holding air.
on November 30, 2012
My 335i doesn't have a compartment for a spare tire. I replaced my run flats with normal inflated tires. I keep this in my trunk in case of emergency and AAA isn't available. I've used them before, it's easy and safe. Only thing is once you've used it the tire is ruined, so make sure it's an irrepairable puncture.
on May 13, 2016
This Slime 60089 Quick Spair Tire Inflator works as described. I was glad I had it when I caught a flat with my kids in the car. This product was easy to use, it just screws onto the tire valve. It was a bit messy when removing from the tire after inflation. Worked just fine till I got the tire replaced a couple days later. This product did not damage my tire pressure sensors. I am happy with my purchase.
on May 2, 2012
I came back from a vacation to find my tire flat in the parking lot. I was able to use one can of fix a flat to completely inflate my flat tire. I was very impressed with how quickly and fully this one can filled my completely flat tire. My tire must have had a small leak and ran out of air for the week I was gone. I was then able to drive over 100 miles on my flat tire to get back home before changing my tire. In my opinion everyone should have a can of this in their car. It will save you a lot of time and money if you get a whole in your tire.
on February 19, 2016
Works as advertised. Unfortunately, I had a 1 inch slash in the sidewall, so it could not fix that, but on the upside, it also did not foul my Tire Pressure Monitor Systems (TPMS) so when they changed the tire, they were able to reuse it -- a $70 savings.
on May 23, 2015
It works! This stuff is great as fat as I'm concerned.
The only problem is if you really have a FLAT, there is not enuf juice in this to fill your tire at all. So you better get to a station to fill it or get out the pump
on December 6, 2013
I had two cars with a painfully slow tire leak. I went to several mechanic shops to get the tires fixed. In both cases, the mechanics found nothing wrong with the tires or valves. This product is excellent for slow leaks, use before replacing your tire or rims.

Tire pressure monitor safe which is a big plus.
on March 17, 2011
I had to use this in my tires tonight when I got off work and it got me home safely. One can may get you around the corner to a gas station, but if you have a ways to drive I recommend having two cans on hand (or a portable compressor). I did notice a vibration when going over 50mph, so it does throw off the balance until you can get the tire repaired.