|Brand Name||Sling Media|
|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||16.4 x 10 x 3.1 inches|
|Item model number||SB-500-100-RB|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
Sling Media SlingTV, Slingbox 500 (Renewed)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Product works and looks like new. Backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
This product has been professionally inspected and tested by Amazon-qualified suppliers. The product may have minimal scratches or dents, and a battery with at least 80% capacity. Box may be generic and accessories may not be original, but will be compatible and fully functional. This product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receipt if you are not satisfied. Learn more
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day Sling Media warranty/Make sure that the video cables that you've connected to your Slingbox are connected to the OUT ports on your video source.
- Watch and control live TV on your tablet*, phone*, PC, or Mac (*Requires Slingplayer app, available through Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, and Windows Store)
- Easily find programs or quickly locate your favorite shows with the on-screen Gallery
- Watch and control your live and recorded TV shows anywhere, anytime – in up to Full HD
- Play and schedule DVR recordings; Features WiFi, Ethernet, HDMI, composite and component in/out connections
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Roku Premiere | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Media Player, Simple Remote and Premium HDMI Cable
Roku Ultra | Streaming Media Player 4K/HD/HDR with Premium JBL Headphones 2019
Sling Media Slingbox 350 (Old Version)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||—||E-Commerce Giant||Frontier Factory||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||cmlproducts|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless||wi-fi_ready||Ethernet||Built-in Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi||wi-fi_ready|
|Item Dimensions||16.40 x 10.00 x 3.10 inches||16.38 x 3.13 x 10.00 inches||8.10 x 4.70 x 3.80 inches||3.30 x 1.40 x 0.70 inches||4.92 x 4.92 x 0.83 inches||7.00 x 4.40 x 1.75 inches|
|Item Weight||1.20 lbs||1.22 lbs||1.80 lbs||1.28 ounces||7.94 ounces||0.65 lbs|
|Supported Internet Services||YouTube||Cinemanow, Daily Motion, Free Sat/Free View, Google TV, Blockbuster||Browser||Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, YouTube, Vudu, Pandora||Netflix, Vudu, Pandora, Hulu||Browser|
Sports fans and TV lovers rejoice, and say hello to your next must-have tech gadget. The Slingbox 500 makes it easy to find and watch all of your live and recorded shows, movies and sports through one smart TV-enabled box. You can access the services you already pay for through a single interface - at home or on-the-go, on any device, anywhere in the world. The idea is simple, yet brilliant: The Slingbox is a set-top box that connects to your TV and streams the signal in real-time to another device such as your laptop, phone or tablet. Slingbox 500 literally turns your home TV into a virtual smart TV. Easily find news, shows or movies, or set up your own favorites with the on-screen gallery view. Use intuitive filters to always find what you want to watch, including contextual and top-trending YouTube videos. No matter where you are in the world, you can watch and control all of your television programs on your mobile devices - live or recorded - over the Internet. With Slingbox 500 you can easily access all the games and matches you want to watch, and view live sports scores and stats while you're watching, all on the same big screen. Extend your living room TV experience in sparkling high-definition video up to 1080p. Tune in to your favorite programs on your tablet, phone, Mac, PC, or connected TV and enjoy your shows in the best possible quality while Slingbox lets you watch them anywhere in the world.
About Amazon Renewed
Amazon Renewed is your trusted destination for pre-owned and refurbished products that are professionally inspected and tested to work and look like new. A Renewed supplier who is Amazon-qualified performs a full diagnostic test, replaces any defective parts, and thoroughly cleans the product. The product may have minimal scratches or dents. Box may be generic and accessories may not be original, but will be compatible and fully functional.
This product is backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee
This product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receipt if you are not satisfied. Get quick support for claims and free troubleshooting via Amazon Customer Service. The guarantee is in conjunction with Amazon’s standard return policy. Learn more about the Amazon Renewed Guarantee
Shop for smartphones, computers, laptops, tablets, home and kitchen appliances, game consoles, office products, and more on Amazon Renewed.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This was to replace a much-loved Sling Pro-HD that worked well for several years.
One caveat: Using the HDMI input on this is slightly unpredictable. My cable box and AV system didn't like it. I ended up using the component input (which all needed cables were right at hand) and I am quite happy with the result.
Setup was easy and took about 10 minutes. The box is a weird shape (I suppose to keep you from putting something on top of it that would cause heat problems) but it is small enough that it can be tucked on the back of a shelf.
This box works with the purchased android and IOS apps I had left over from my old box just fine. It is not completely compatible with some of the older desktop apps (like the Windows version) so you must use the web-based app, which works, but isn't quite as fully-featured as the standalone apps were. (keyboard shortcuts don't work, doesn't have the spiffy "rewind" buffer).
Very happy with the seller and the delivered product, though. No surprises.
I have for u-verse. I bought the refirbished model of the 500 and it came packaged well with all appropriate cables, if I didn't know it was refirbished I would have thought it was new! The first time through setup was not good, kept getting network error while going through the wizard. I did a factory reset and re-downloaded the newest firmware to get it working. HDMI didn't work due to HDCP copy protection but I had a workaround (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) . Ads in web interface are a turnoff. Even though I have this hooked up via HDMI 1080P I feel the quality in the Slingbox apps on the iPad and iPhone aren't the best, really no improvement over the older slingbox. I do find the quality is good over a hard wired computer over the same network. I think this product is past it's prime now that there are so many streaming options out there but I will stick with it for my application.
Here are my comments. Having known the below listed things in advance of buying the device would have helped my purchasing decision. Hope it helps you.
1. Before purchasing this device, make sure your cable box, or set-top box is "supported" by the SlingBox. Mine wasn't supported! The NEW Cable Box provided by my cable company was Not supported. I made my cable company dig out a soon to be discontinued cable box model, which was supported by SlingBox.
2. Streaming to a computer, phone or tablet works fine. Appears to be no buffering. However you will have issues with "Casting" your content to the TV. This is not a matter of slow connection speed, or a bad connection, or a slow modem etc. Something on the SlingBox/SlingMedia is NOT optimized for "Casting" the media to a TV. I had major issues with casting. Connecting a computer directly to the TV resolved the issue. But the whole point is removing the cables, and "Casting" your content. The way I know the issue is with SlingBox / SlingMedia is because I upped my Up/Down speeds on both the send and receive ends. I have premium routers on both send and receive ends. "Casting" other media is never an issue, and i Never encounter buffering casting any other media.
Further on "Casting", Android tablets/phones do not have the "Casting" option, only Apple devices such as iPads! go figure! I know this, because I tried!
Long story short, on the receive end, if you connect your computer directly to the TV/Monitor via HDMI, you will be fine.
3. Controlling your DVR with the Slingbox is not great. changing channels has a significant time lag. Attempting to navigate the CableTV remote on the TV or computer is very painful. You cant just "click" on what you want to record or play from the DVR, you have to navigate using the remote. Each time you push the "arrow" navigation button on the remote, the screen buffers, sometimes it would take 10+ slicks to get to navigate somewhere you need. VERY painful. On the computer is somewhat manageable, on the TV its almost not even worth the hassle.
I should note however, that changing channels (not the DVR recordings etc, but the LIVE TV channels) on the slingbox on the receive end does have a lag, but is less painful then controlling your DVD outright.
4. If you decide to stream to the TV, I highly recommend a wireless media keyboard with a trackpad mouse. Don't buy a dinky tiny one. Get a full size wireless keyboard, with a trackpad. Worth every penny... if you plan on using the SlingBox on the TV.
5. Connecting the SlingBox was not painful at all (after I got a different cable box!). the Interface is quite intuitive and well put together.
I would highly recommend the slingbox. It has been a great product. I just cant give it 5 stars because of the few issues that we have had with it.