4-Year Home AV Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Sling Media SlingTV (Slingbox 500) (Certified Refurbished)
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day Sling Media warranty
- Watch and control live TV on your tablet*, phone*, PC, or Mac (*Requires Slingplayer app, available through Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore, and Windows Store)
- Easily find programs or quickly locate your favorite shows with the on-screen Gallery
- Watch and control your live and recorded TV shows anywhere, anytime – in up to Full HD
- Play and schedule DVR recordings; Features WiFi, Ethernet, HDMI, composite and component in/out connections
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player
Fire TV with 4K Ultra HD and Alexa Voice Remote (Pendant Design) | Streaming Media Player
Sling Media Slingbox M1
Vulkano Flow Mobile Device for Viewing TV on the Go
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||ExclusivesDirect||Frontier Factory||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Rice Enterprises||PracticalityPlus, LLC|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 16.4 x 3.1 in||3.13 x 16.38 x 10 in||1.18 x 3.38 x 0.5 in||2.6 x 2.6 x 0.6 in||4.7 x 8 x 3.8 in||3.4 x 19.3 x 7 in|
|Item Weight||1.2 lbs||1.22 lbs||1.13 ounces||3.04 ounces||1.6 lbs||—|
|Internet Applications||YouTube||Cinemanow, Daily Motion, Free Sat/Free View, Google TV, Blockbuster||youtube, espn, amazon_instant_video, cbs, facebook, hulu, sling_tv, netflix, fox||youtube, facebook, hulu, sling_tv, netflix||Netflix||YouTube|
|Total HDMI Ports||—||2||0||1||0||—|
|Total Usb Ports||—||1||0||0||1||—|
Sports fans and TV lovers rejoice, and say hello to your next must-have tech gadget. The Slingbox 500 makes it easy to find and watch all of your live and recorded shows, movies and sports through one smart TV-enabled box. You can access the services you already pay for through a single interface - at home or on-the-go, on any device, anywhere in the world. The idea is simple, yet brilliant: The Slingbox is a set-top box that connects to your TV and streams the signal in real-time to another device such as your laptop, phone or tablet. Slingbox 500 literally turns your home TV into a virtual smart TV. Easily find news, shows or movies, or set up your own favorites with the on-screen gallery view. Use intuitive filters to always find what you want to watch, including contextual and top-trending YouTube videos. No matter where you are in the world, you can watch and control all of your television programs on your mobile devices - live or recorded - over the Internet. With Slingbox 500 you can easily access all the games and matches you want to watch, and view live sports scores and stats while you're watching, all on the same big screen. Extend your living room TV experience in sparkling high-definition video up to 1080p. Tune in to your favorite programs on your tablet, phone, Mac, PC, or connected TV and enjoy your shows in the best possible quality while Slingbox lets you watch them anywhere in the world.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
This was to replace a much-loved Sling Pro-HD that worked well for several years.
One caveat: Using the HDMI input on this is slightly unpredictable. My cable box and AV system didn't like it. I ended up using the component input (which all needed cables were right at hand) and I am quite happy with the result.
Setup was easy and took about 10 minutes. The box is a weird shape (I suppose to keep you from putting something on top of it that would cause heat problems) but it is small enough that it can be tucked on the back of a shelf.
This box works with the purchased android and IOS apps I had left over from my old box just fine. It is not completely compatible with some of the older desktop apps (like the Windows version) so you must use the web-based app, which works, but isn't quite as fully-featured as the standalone apps were. (keyboard shortcuts don't work, doesn't have the spiffy "rewind" buffer).
Very happy with the seller and the delivered product, though. No surprises.
I have for u-verse. I bought the refirbished model of the 500 and it came packaged well with all appropriate cables, if I didn't know it was refirbished I would have thought it was new! The first time through setup was not good, kept getting network error while going through the wizard. I did a factory reset and re-downloaded the newest firmware to get it working. HDMI didn't work due to HDCP copy protection but I had a workaround (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) . Ads in web interface are a turnoff. Even though I have this hooked up via HDMI 1080P I feel the quality in the Slingbox apps on the iPad and iPhone aren't the best, really no improvement over the older slingbox. I do find the quality is good over a hard wired computer over the same network. I think this product is past it's prime now that there are so many streaming options out there but I will stick with it for my application.
Here are my comments. Having known the below listed things in advance of buying the device would have helped my purchasing decision. Hope it helps you.
1. Before purchasing this device, make sure your cable box, or set-top box is "supported" by the SlingBox. Mine wasn't supported! The NEW Cable Box provided by my cable company was Not supported. I made my cable company dig out a soon to be discontinued cable box model, which was supported by SlingBox.
2. Streaming to a computer, phone or tablet works fine. Appears to be no buffering. However you will have issues with "Casting" your content to the TV. This is not a matter of slow connection speed, or a bad connection, or a slow modem etc. Something on the SlingBox/SlingMedia is NOT optimized for "Casting" the media to a TV. I had major issues with casting. Connecting a computer directly to the TV resolved the issue. But the whole point is removing the cables, and "Casting" your content. The way I know the issue is with SlingBox / SlingMedia is because I upped my Up/Down speeds on both the send and receive ends. I have premium routers on both send and receive ends. "Casting" other media is never an issue, and i Never encounter buffering casting any other media.
Further on "Casting", Android tablets/phones do not have the "Casting" option, only Apple devices such as iPads! go figure! I know this, because I tried!
Long story short, on the receive end, if you connect your computer directly to the TV/Monitor via HDMI, you will be fine.
3. Controlling your DVR with the Slingbox is not great. changing channels has a significant time lag. Attempting to navigate the CableTV remote on the TV or computer is very painful. You cant just "click" on what you want to record or play from the DVR, you have to navigate using the remote. Each time you push the "arrow" navigation button on the remote, the screen buffers, sometimes it would take 10+ slicks to get to navigate somewhere you need. VERY painful. On the computer is somewhat manageable, on the TV its almost not even worth the hassle.
I should note however, that changing channels (not the DVR recordings etc, but the LIVE TV channels) on the slingbox on the receive end does have a lag, but is less painful then controlling your DVD outright.
4. If you decide to stream to the TV, I highly recommend a wireless media keyboard with a trackpad mouse. Don't buy a dinky tiny one. Get a full size wireless keyboard, with a trackpad. Worth every penny... if you plan on using the SlingBox on the TV.
5. Connecting the SlingBox was not painful at all (after I got a different cable box!). the Interface is quite intuitive and well put together.