|Print List Price:||$18.99|
Save $15.00 (79%)
Slip of the Tongue Kindle Edition
|Length: 540 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
But sadly, in this stand-alone, it did. Maybe it's because I couldn't get past how selfish and immature Sadie, our main character is??
Maybe it's because the blurb was so misleading??
Nate, the husband, it's led the reader to believe he doesn't want her, and has become cold and cruel.
I mean if you're married and throw everything away for having 2 bad months in seven years, how do you justify that?? Easily, Sadie is SELFISH.
Stop reading if you don't want to know more.
Nate, IMOHO should of actually been cruel, not just distant towards Sadie, who he does love very much. But when it comes out that she aborted his baby 7 years ago, and never told him, I'd be PO too!!
So in the process of Nate, who's trying to get his head on straight, and not confront Sadie while he's hot headed and extremely hurt, because now Sadie is having problems getting pregnant.
Sadie decides that as whole two months is enough and wants to throw it all away for her neighbor Finn. Yes, you know she's perfect and since things around her aren't perfect, she's going to make herself feel better in Finn's strong arms and bed. Not to mention, that would at times be the marital bed.
I was so sick of hearing how perfect things were for her to turn and cheat after two months!! Then I'm not sure if it's due to the fact that Nate's father was dying, nothing much was discussed of the affair. It was like it took a back burner. As long as Sadie still wants a baby to Nate, she can go have as many affairs as she wants. It was made as no big issue. I mean this coming from a cold, unfeeling, distant husband, that the blurb leads us to believe.Read more ›
Sadie and Nathan have been together for seven years, and theirs is the perfect marriage. Sadie knows this, and she's proud of it. After being held captive to her parents' wretched marriage, she will settle for nothing less than perfection. Nathan dotes on her, he adores her, and he puts her first. Her friends, family, and co-workers envy her marriage, and they regularly tell her how lucky she is. Sadie knows that, too. Yet perhaps she has forgotten just how lucky she is.
Until she is forced to realize it.
In what feels like overnight, Nathan has withdrawn. Gone are the loving gestures. Gone is the affection. Gone is Sadie's status as the center of his life. Their heretofore agreed on time apart - Nathan has weekly bowling nights while Sadie stays home and reads - begin to feel more dangerous, sinister even. What is Nathan getting during his time away from her that takes his attention - maybe even his love - away from her?
Sadie came into this marriage a woman uncertain that love could last forever. She even told Nathan that should he want to leave her, he just needs to say so. Now that he appears to be headed in that direction, though, Sadie finds herself untethered. Her pessimism regarding marriage seems to bear fruit. She acknowledges that she does not know how to be a wife, so when she convinces herself that her husband no longer wishes to occupy that role, she resorts to what she knows. She begins to repeat the patterns of her parents' marriage.
Into this toxic situation comes Finn, a gorgeous neighbor who moves in across the hall. His attraction for Sadie is immediate and clear. But Sadie is married.Read more ›
So first things first, I should start with:
1. There's a 95% chance that at some point while reading this novel you'll be MAD. **laughs**
2. I LOVE weak willed characters who give into their base desires. Life isn't pretty. Sometimes things happen and you aren't as strong as you think. Often, people don't find out what they're made of until life has handed them a "rough" patch. I have EMPATHY--for those who are resolute in their moral high ground AND for those who aren't. I understand that people have moments of weakness that can be labeled as selfish. I get that for some there are simply no excuses that can make a betrayal okay. But, I also know that the heart isn't perfect. Sometimes it stutters and falters, sometimes it's suffocated by pain and rejection so thick, it's blinded and becomes lost.
3. In a BOOK WORLD cheating doesn't bother me. AT ALL. I can understand it.
4. If you hate heroines who think of themselves and their feelings, who aren't firm in what they want, then ... maybe go into this knowing that Sadie can be a little flaky at times. (AND PS: I LOVED THAT ABOUT HER)
Now ... Seeing as that's out of the way, I'll move on! Cause... Holy moly! THIS BOOK ROCKED MY FACE OFF. I was raging and huffing and puffing and dying through most of this novel.
You can just see it from status updates that ranged from ... "OMG. So many feels already. I mean, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Darn."
"OH :o :o !!!!! ***lets out an extended shudder*** OH FREAKING :o !"
"What an A__! Maybe I'm heartless.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I liked the story line between Sadie and Nate and Finn but I am glad that Sadie and Nate are still together and might have a baby. Read morePublished 4 days ago by wizkids32
This book was great! It's story kept me riveted and hanging on to find out how it ends.....I hope there's a story about Finn to come!Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
I really enjoyed this book! It felt a little dragged out but it was a good book.Published 16 days ago by Amazon Customer
If you're looking for an incredibly emotional read, this book is for you. I cried more reading this book than any other in recent days.Published 19 days ago by Mariann Carmen
It was pretty good, felt like it needed a little more drama but I liked it a lot over all! The sex was great 😉Published 1 month ago
Loved both guys... This book also had my heart stings being tugged... I don't know how you choose but I guess she chose correctly. Overall good book...Published 1 month ago by RooneyGracie90
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Contemporary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Contemporary