Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Size: Size 8|Color: Midsummer Black Print|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,493 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,671 reviews
I bought these for working in the barn - cleaning horse stalls, sloshing big water buckets and the like. It's just too hot in the summer to wear traditional boots (at least for me). The Sloggers garden shoes are very comfortable around the house and they are indeed waterproof - that alone makes them a worthwhile purchase. They have a really cushy lining inside. I also like the tread on the bottom of the sole - solid enough to walk in mud and slippery ground without sliding around at all.

The ONLY complaint I have and the reason I am leaving a four star rather than five star review is the heel & overall fit. I wear an 8 1/2 normally in sneakers and boots and 9 in high heels, so I ordered the size 9. I figured even if they were a tad wider than needed, socks would make up for the difference. They fit fine with regard to actual measurements. However, with every step the heel is very loose and feels like it's going to slide off my foot. They feel like those backless clogs instead of a solid fitting shoe. The height of the back of the shoe is lower than a traditional shoe and higher than a traditional clog. DROVE ME CRAZY for the first few days and now I've gotten used to it & it's fine. Just a warning though if you need the support of a regular back or heel, then these probably aren't for you.

************************UPDATE Oct 2011*********************************************

After wearing these Sloggers every single day since I bought them I am still very happy with them. They are indeed waterproof - I stepped in what turned out to be a deep puddle, immersing the shoes to the very top edge. No damage whatsoever inside or out. My foot was dry inside the shoe. I was concerned that every day use would stretch them at the ankle area or it would weaken etc - so far it's just like new. I will buy these Sloggers again in the future for sure!

****** UPDATE January 2015 *********

I am on my third pair of Sloggers Garden Shoe since 2011 and that's amazing. Let me be clear - I beat the daylights out of these shoes and they can take a surprising amount of abuse. Mud, unspeakable things in horse stalls, water, rocks, fire ants and the puppy who was convinced a pot roast was hidden in the left foot of the 2013 pair! My only caveat is that slightly short heel back - still the same.
1111 comments| 502 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2011
I usually wear a 6 1/2, but for gardening shoes I like to order up a half size, because I garden in winter too, so I can wear woolen socks.
I wore these all day, and had woolen socks on. It must be said that these shoes don't make your feet smell like Gouda/ plastic/ rubber.
They are very comfortable, they have a thick in-sole.

I have bought other brands before, but they were hard under my feet and they made my feet smell like something out of a sci-fi movie.
As a very avid gardener, I totally recommend these. My feet didn't hurt at the end of a long day in the garden, they are completely waterproof, they come off easily, they have great tracking for muddy land.
They stay on your feet and don't slip off.

If you have to get inside and outside quite often, these are the way to go, as boots are harder to kick off in under a second.
And for this price, I wouldn't hesitate either!
review image
0Comment| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2010
These Sloggers are GREAT. I purchased my normal size and they fit perfectly. I have a terraced garden and these shoes are fantastic on the "slope" and are so comfortable. I have hosed them off inside and out and they dry wonderfully. Fantastic purchase and excellent service.
11 comment| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2014
These shoes do a good job keeping your feet dry while walking in wet grass. Does NOT supply good traction, though, so it is not recommended for hiking. Your feet will sweat in these shoes so wear absorbent socks. The exterior while shiny and smooth, will crack in about 6 months and water will seep through. Shoes will not stay on when walking in mud.
review image
on February 26, 2016
I wear these to work in a medical facility. They are perfect because they protect my feet from all the nasty things and can be cleaned easily. They are also extremely comfortable. I wear these for 12 hour shifts and I have had problems with planters fasciitis in the past and I have had no problems while wearing these. They slip on easily and fit like a glove and the designs are fun. I will be buying more of these.
on May 14, 2016
I bought these to feed my birds and critters, walk my dogs, water my garden, etc when dew is out or it's been rainy. They do the job. I usually wear an 8-81/2. My foot is about 9" long and 3 1/4" at the widest. I ordered a 9 to be safe. Well these are plenty big. I may try a size 8 next time or order the inserts. The size 9 is approx 10 1/8 " long and 4 1/4" at the widest. I don't have a high or low arch, just average. These can slip on me, but are not too tight anywhere. My feet do sweat in these if I wear for a while, especially in the Atlanta humidity. But they will keep feet clean and dry. They are nicely made and very pretty. Easy to slip off and on.
on November 17, 2015
GREAT NURSING SHOES!!!!
I had been looking for a good pair of nursing shoes after the brand that I normally wear changed their style and it affected my feet so much that I cannot wear them any longer. I have desperately been trying different brands of shoes and suffering in silence, until now. I was aiming for the "Danish" style clog that so many nurses wear, however, they are soooo expensive and do not seem that comfortable. You have to let them "wear in" for a couple of weeks - ummm, no thanks! Plus, I felt like a Clydesdale clomping around wearing them! Long story short, I did not get them, especially after seeing "Made in China" somewhere on the box. Yuck! I wanted something made in the USA that was waterproof (check), comfortable (double check), and cute (bonus check)! These shoes fit the bill! They are comfortable on my feet, which I am on for 12+ hours a day as an RN. They come in a variety of styles, all are adorable. Most importantly, in my opinion, they are WATERPROOF! I like that I can wipe them down at the end of the day, and if any "fluids" happen to spill on the ground, they will not seep in anywhere in these puppies. They are surprisingly lightweight, I wasn't expecting them to be so feather light. It almost feels like you don't even have the shoe on. The inside sole is substantial and gives good support to the arch and the heel of my feet, without putting extra pressure on the top of my foot. They have a nice grip on the bottom, for running to your patient (or after your patient...lol) if needed. I did follow earlier comments and ordered a size up - I am normally a 7 to 7.5 and I ordered an 8. It is roomy and the back of the clog easily slides off, which I like. I don't like when the shoes are tight/constricting. If you are considering buying these I would definately order a size bigger. Order these clogs, you will not regret it. I think I might have to order a couple more pairs to add to the new collection, they are so affordable why not? Thank you Sloggers!!! : )
on February 13, 2016
It is winter here in New England so I haven't worn them in the garden but I have worn them quite a bit around the house and am very happy with them. The tread on the bottom is great. Before I received them I wondered if the tread might hold the dirt, but as you can see in the picture (the dime is for scale) it is wide enough so that the dirt/mud will likely just fall out, or be hosed out easily.

I was a little concerned about a few of the reviews that said that the heel on this item was low and that their heels slipped out. While it is just a little low, I am not experiencing that issue but I suppose it might depend on your foot. I usually wear a size 7 and that is what I ordered, they fit perfectly and are very comfortable to wear. I have a high instep (the top of my foot) but this shoe doesn't cause any problems with that.

I have some issues with my feet so I wanted to be sure they would work for me, they do! If there was one thing I wish they had it would be more arch support, they don't really offer any, I could see that being an issue if worn all day. I can see me wearing them both in the yard and around town, especially in wetter weather.

I bought the Midsummer Black Print and I like the design. As others have said the pattern varies depending on how the material is cut, mine have more red on the forefoot than the one shown in the product page. They are shiny, I wondered it they might look cheap or tacky, I don't think they do.

All in all I am very happy with this purchase.
on December 21, 2014
I received this item as a gift for my Mom and I got it on time for Christmas... she's already wearing them. Size 6 in black fits perfect and I can say they're pretty wide on the front. Shinny-glossy black look. They are a little bit heavy because of the sole but not "bulky". The materials are soft but looks a very well-made shoe with enough cushion inside. My Mom have to wear anti-embolism stalkings all day, also have knee and severe lumbar problems, but she loves to spend time on the patio and she feels very good wearing them.
on June 22, 2010
I love this little garden shoe. It is so very comfortable. Your feet will not get wet in these; great for washing the car, too. I love the wild print. Get the next size up because they run small.
33 comments| 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse