Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slumberjack Camp 8 Basecamp Tent
Celebrity Picks 2016 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Baby Gift Guide

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on February 11, 2012
This is a relatively new product, and I couldn't find any reviews what so ever, but I took a chance and picked this tent up for an upcoming camping trip. My general rule of thumb has been to take how ever many a tent claims to sleep and subtract 2, but I was very surprised to discover that this tent could actually fit 8 people. There is a reason this is called a base camp tent; its extremely big and heavy. It is almost 19 feet long! The picture on the box depicts a 3-2-3 sleeping arrangement (with the dividers in place), but in reality it would be 2-4-2 sleeping arrangement.

Setup was kinda tricky because the instructions were quite vague, but it really is quite easy, just put the poles in and lift. One thing that I didn't realize is that far ends of the tent are not supported by poles and MUST be staked out. Plus to get maximum room you also must stake out the ends with the guy cables. Also, the poles don't cross like they appear to in the stock photos.

Quality seems to be good. All the seems are taped, and the entire tent seems to be constructed with rain fly material and all poles are metal. The entire top of the tent is ventilation, which the rain fly covers tightly. I wonder if the tent will fill with condensation while sleeping several people with the fly on. The tent does NOT have a bathtub bottom which I thought it would just looking at the pictures.

The door is actually kind of award. The shape is such that it has to zippers, one on the side and one on the bottom. Both have a rain protection flap, which seems to get caught in the zippers unless you are careful. It is easier to operate the zipper from the inside where the flaps don't get in the way.

The interior is absolutely huge. You can walk upright through most of the length of the tent. There are 4 windows, all with tie backs. Not a whole lot as far as extras, there are 3 pockets along the back wall for small items. The two room dividers are very thin, to where I'm not sure why I would use them...but this is my first tent with dividers so that is probably par for the course.
on May 28, 2012
Bought in Dec. before I could find any reviews. Took camping in the backyard with the kids in May. The interior is huge. Set up is quite easy, I can do it solo, although a second person is helpful for the rainfly.
Four stars because I haven't yet tested it in the rain. I'd like more inside pockets, but that's not a deal breaker.
I couldn't find many specs on this tent. Even Slumberjack's website doesn't tell much. I was very curious about its weatherproofing specs. Here's what I got directly from the company, upon request:

Floor: 140g PE (PE does not get an mm rating, it is just waterproof)
Body and fly: 68d polyester, 1200mm coating

What sold it for me, after researching two dozen other family tents, is the tarp bottom, and the 1200mm waterproofing. The tarp bottom does seem sturdy enough, but did get a couple of small holes thanks to some sharp sticks I didn't clear away. I would recommend a second ground tarp for extra protection.
on August 10, 2013
The tent was easy to set up. I could do it myself. It was easier to have help taking it down though. It was VERY spacious inside. It came with dividers, but we didn't use those. We put our girls twin mattresses lengthwise on one side and our twin mattresses lengthwise on the other side and put all of our gear in the middle. It all fit with plenty of breathing room and the tent was tall enough for my husband and I to stand up, which was a major factor in purchasing the tent. We set it up in our backyard before camping and the sprinklers came on, so it got an inadvertent rain test. The instructions say to purchase sealer and use it on the inside seams before use and I would have to agree. There was a bit of leakage along the bottom of the tent. Luckily, we weren't rained on, on our trip. I don't have any complaints for our first time using this tent. It was a great purchase for the money.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.