Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 107 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 112 reviews
on November 17, 2011
The title says AV RCA video sound input and the picture shows standard Audio, Video and Power conncections. There are no speakers and the Audio (white) jack is actually a second video input. Other than that it is a decent little screen. I paid a little more than similar products on Amazon because it had the audio. My first clue was that there was no volume adjustment. Then I tested, using my DVD player, to make sure. Picture was great but no sound. Other units only have the video and power so I wondered "What is the white jack for?" The description talks about auto switching between V1 and V2 with a special note about how to hook the power up. So, I put the DVR video output to the white jack. Yep, nice picture. Based on the power hookup description I'll guess that V1 is yellow and V2 is white. When V2 is powered up, then the unit automatically switches to V2. I didn't test that though. There are no brightness or contrast adjustments nor is there an on-off switch. I give it a 2 star for what it is compared to what is described. If the description was correct, I'd probably give it a 4 star since it doesn't have any video adjustment although they don't claim there is so maybe even a 5. I'm trying to replace a little 2 inch unit that has brigthness, volume, a little speaker and an on-off switch.

Oh, there are no instructions either. Just what is on the product page.
I bought a BNC Male / RCA Male, 75ohm, RG59U Coaxial Cable to connect Monitor & DVR and a Gino 2 Pcs 2.1 X 5.5mm Male Dc Plug 9v Battery Clip to connect it to a battery I also bought. It worked fine for a few minutes then I unplugged it and when I plugged it in to the next camera I was testing the screen flickered for a second like it is was going to function correctly and then went white. I've noticed on some of the other reviews that the same thing happened with them. It's a cool little monitor and would be ideal for my purpose of testing security cameras on my surveillance system if it would continue working after disconnecting it and reconnecting it from one camera to another. I returned it and received a complete refund. This is the first time I've ever returned anything via Amazon and I've been shopping online with them since they started. The process is hassle free. You just print out a bar code (that Amazon generates online), include that with the item you are returning and wrap the item. UPS will pick it up at your door. UPS then sticks a return label on the wrapped box with the item and a couple of days later you'll receive a complete refund included shipping costs.
on September 1, 2017
Product likes include, price, size, image clarity. Product dislikes include, disappointed that it doesn't have audio capabilities.
on March 16, 2014
This monitor, connected to a DVR in our CCTV cam shop, operates 24/7 to alert us to visitors approaching our door. We don't have to tie up a PC for the display. For that purpose, we power it with a little 9V plug-in adapter. The monitor can also be operated off a little 9.6V rechargeable Powerex NiMH battery for use in the field during on-site setup & adjustment of security cameras. (If you're setting up an IP camera, that type of device must be equipped with an analog output (BN or RCA) at the camera - and many good units do.)

Would recommend this to a anyone in the security camera installation business.
on August 6, 2016
I used this with a 10ah 12v battery, and a pinhole camera to watch my dogs on the back porch from the couch so I can let them in. Works well, fairly high quality for the price, but it is worth noting that the silver bezel IS conduct, and did melt when it tipped onto my battery. My lesson was learned, and melted plastic smells filled my house much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. Works very well
on March 23, 2017
Returned it did not work for my purpose.
on May 24, 2013
I bought this product to use as backup camera monitor. This product was dead and i could not able to get any blue screen (without video signal) after connecting to power supply. I tried my best to switch different option but unfortunately this product was dispatched in dead condition.

Seller should include the troubleshooting guidance. For 25 dollars worth of this product, now i have to spend 100 dollars worth of hours to contact seller for return.

Cheap product and do not purchase. Approximately 1 in 20 items no issue at all and majority of the items are not working. Manufacturer and seller should take immediate action about this compliant. I do not know how the QC test passed and sticker placed behind the product.
on January 4, 2013
Very useful little device. I purchased it with a small wireless "spy camera" to watch the front yard as I had my car broken into. Its not HD or anything special just a no frills display. I'm happy I had it as it made me feel safer and helped me catch someone in the act which allowed me to stop them before I had any further property loss.
on July 18, 2017
Works great and the price is right.
on July 17, 2013
I bought this item hoping to use is to help position security cameras and ultimately as a nanny monitor. I thought the price was worth a shot, but the item arrived with faulty wiring and I was never able to power the thing. Where the different wires meet one of the wires is exposed because the molding that is supposed to go around the wires was going right through the middle of one. Bad Quality inspection I presume. Anyway, I am returning this item. I may try again to see if I can get a working unit, or I will look for something that is going to last. I would not recommend buying this.

Low Quality construction = Your lucky if it lasts over 3 months.