Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 105 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 110 reviews
on September 12, 2012
I originally bought this monitor because it says 640x480, which is higher than the typical 320x248 resolution 3.5" monitors for rearview mirrors you get that you can also find on Amazon.

After hooking this up to the Raspberry Pi, I can tell you quite definitely that this LCD is NOT 640x480. In fact, it is the same resolution as every other monitor on Amazon, 320x248 (Not to mention the EXACT SAME PRODUCT. I am not kidding. The plastic shell, the buttons, the stand, the plugs, it is 110% the same thing as every other Amazon 3.5" monitor from the same Chinese manufacturer). This is ONE FOURTH of the the promised pixel count. It is nowhere near the resolution that it very clearly says in the specs. The voltage and amp requirements are also unclear, even when no adapter is provided. This means you basically have to roll the dice and connect it to a random power line (which you have do splice wires for) and hope the damn thing doesn't explode while you're doing it.

Product is below-average, specs are a lie, wiring is a pain, price is higher than other apparently exact same low resolution models on Amazon. Do not buy this specific product from this specific manufacturer, you can find the exact same thing on Amazon for $8 cheaper (e.g. 3.5 Inch TFT LCD Monitor for Car / Automobile.

I am extremely disappointed in these dime a dozen manufacturers who do not bother to write accurate specs and sell cheap knock-off goods and then steal cheap knock-off copy-and-paste descriptions.
44 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2011
The title says AV RCA video sound input and the picture shows standard Audio, Video and Power conncections. There are no speakers and the Audio (white) jack is actually a second video input. Other than that it is a decent little screen. I paid a little more than similar products on Amazon because it had the audio. My first clue was that there was no volume adjustment. Then I tested, using my DVD player, to make sure. Picture was great but no sound. Other units only have the video and power so I wondered "What is the white jack for?" The description talks about auto switching between V1 and V2 with a special note about how to hook the power up. So, I put the DVR video output to the white jack. Yep, nice picture. Based on the power hookup description I'll guess that V1 is yellow and V2 is white. When V2 is powered up, then the unit automatically switches to V2. I didn't test that though. There are no brightness or contrast adjustments nor is there an on-off switch. I give it a 2 star for what it is compared to what is described. If the description was correct, I'd probably give it a 4 star since it doesn't have any video adjustment although they don't claim there is so maybe even a 5. I'm trying to replace a little 2 inch unit that has brigthness, volume, a little speaker and an on-off switch.

Oh, there are no instructions either. Just what is on the product page.
I bought a BNC Male / RCA Male, 75ohm, RG59U Coaxial Cable to connect Monitor & DVR and a Gino 2 Pcs 2.1 X 5.5mm Male Dc Plug 9v Battery Clip to connect it to a battery I also bought. It worked fine for a few minutes then I unplugged it and when I plugged it in to the next camera I was testing the screen flickered for a second like it is was going to function correctly and then went white. I've noticed on some of the other reviews that the same thing happened with them. It's a cool little monitor and would be ideal for my purpose of testing security cameras on my surveillance system if it would continue working after disconnecting it and reconnecting it from one camera to another. I returned it and received a complete refund. This is the first time I've ever returned anything via Amazon and I've been shopping online with them since they started. The process is hassle free. You just print out a bar code (that Amazon generates online), include that with the item you are returning and wrap the item. UPS will pick it up at your door. UPS then sticks a return label on the wrapped box with the item and a couple of days later you'll receive a complete refund included shipping costs.
on March 16, 2014
This monitor, connected to a DVR in our CCTV cam shop, operates 24/7 to alert us to visitors approaching our door. We don't have to tie up a PC for the display. For that purpose, we power it with a little 9V plug-in adapter. The monitor can also be operated off a little 9.6V rechargeable Powerex NiMH battery for use in the field during on-site setup & adjustment of security cameras. (If you're setting up an IP camera, that type of device must be equipped with an analog output (BN or RCA) at the camera - and many good units do.)

Would recommend this to a anyone in the security camera installation business.
on August 6, 2016
I used this with a 10ah 12v battery, and a pinhole camera to watch my dogs on the back porch from the couch so I can let them in. Works well, fairly high quality for the price, but it is worth noting that the silver bezel IS conduct, and did melt when it tipped onto my battery. My lesson was learned, and melted plastic smells filled my house much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. Works very well
on March 23, 2017
Returned it did not work for my purpose.
on May 24, 2013
I bought this product to use as backup camera monitor. This product was dead and i could not able to get any blue screen (without video signal) after connecting to power supply. I tried my best to switch different option but unfortunately this product was dispatched in dead condition.

Seller should include the troubleshooting guidance. For 25 dollars worth of this product, now i have to spend 100 dollars worth of hours to contact seller for return.

Cheap product and do not purchase. Approximately 1 in 20 items no issue at all and majority of the items are not working. Manufacturer and seller should take immediate action about this compliant. I do not know how the QC test passed and sticker placed behind the product.
on January 4, 2013
Very useful little device. I purchased it with a small wireless "spy camera" to watch the front yard as I had my car broken into. Its not HD or anything special just a no frills display. I'm happy I had it as it made me feel safer and helped me catch someone in the act which allowed me to stop them before I had any further property loss.
on July 17, 2013
I bought this item hoping to use is to help position security cameras and ultimately as a nanny monitor. I thought the price was worth a shot, but the item arrived with faulty wiring and I was never able to power the thing. Where the different wires meet one of the wires is exposed because the molding that is supposed to go around the wires was going right through the middle of one. Bad Quality inspection I presume. Anyway, I am returning this item. I may try again to see if I can get a working unit, or I will look for something that is going to last. I would not recommend buying this.

Low Quality construction = Your lucky if it lasts over 3 months.
on March 22, 2017
This product didnt work at all waste of money