|Digital List Price:||$30.00|
Save $13.50 (45%)
Small Gas Engine Repair Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
If you're looking for a book that shows you how to change a spark plug, this is not the book for you. There are much better books out there for beginners and light tinkerers.
This book assumes that not only are you mechanically proficient and have the tools to repair it yourself but also posess a basic understanding of how small engine mechanisms work already or can figure it out without too much effort.
Not to say the average homeowner won't find it useful, but the author doesn't go in-depth or hold your hand through what should be moderately simple procedures for someone with basic experience in mechanical repair.
That's what makes this either a good book or a bad book. If you know or can stumble your way around engines, this is a great book that gives you the information you need to properly repair many different models and makes.
If you're someone whose lawnmower broke down last weekend and you thought it might be fun to fix it yourself but you don't have a lot of tools or experience on repairing engines then there are probably some better books out there.
I like this book simply because the author doesn't waste any time (or paper) explaining things that you should already know. Think of it like Small Engine Repair 201 instead of Small Engine Repair 101.
I'll probably hang onto this book for as long as I have small gas engines I may need to repair since it makes such a great reference book.
When you get the Dempsy book, read the Preface. It is not your usual small engine repair person that quotes from Voltaire's Candide to make a case for keeping your small engines out of the landfill in in good working condition so you can use them to garden.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Automotive > Repair & Maintenance > Engines & Transmissions
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Automotive
- Books > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Mechanical > Machinery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Crafts & Hobbies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Engineering & Transportation > Automotive > Repair
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Engineering & Transportation > Engineering > Automotive
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction