A note from the Author:
Big news! Small Message, Big Impact has been picked up by a ''Big 6'' publisher, Penguin/Portfolio!
The new edition is scheduled for release August 30, 2012! You can order the new edition by typing in: Small Message, Big Impact: The Elevator Speech Effect on your search bar.
Please review the press release announcing the acquisition Click here to see the press release. As you might imagine, I am thrilled to be part of the Penguin/Portfolio author family!
Thank you for being a ''first edition'' reader of SMBI! You have been a part of this amazing journey with me, and I truly appreciate your support!
With sincere gratitude,
Don't just think of an elevator speech as a generic tool you use in chance moments--consider the concept as a strategy to manage multiple talking points and to communicate more complex ideas as well.
Terri L. Sjodin's new work, Small Message, Big Impact, provides an entertaining, straightforward, and practical how-to guide on effectively communicating an important message in a short period of time. She gives readers an inspiring new perspective on the power of what she calls the Elevator Speech Effect and shows them how to employ this amazing little tool to create influence in today's market.
Perhaps you want to promote an idea, a project, or a concept. Maybe you are looking to create a more compelling message to sell a product or service that will help you access challenging decision makers. Whatever your purpose--be it professional, academic, political, philanthropic, or personal--you can learn to craft a fresh, brief, and persuasive message that generates tangible results!
In this book you will learn
- How a small message can have a big impact in helping you to communicate more effectively
- How to build a compelling and persuasive case using six of the most consistently effective arguments in today's market
- How to repurpose your existing presentations; incorporate new creative illustrations, and bring your message to life
- How to speak in your own authentic voice--it's not only what you say, it's how you say it
- How to morph your elevator speech content and employ your best material in a variety of presentation opportunities, including the internet and on social media platforms
This book includes outlines to help you craft your next talk, worksheets, a complete sample elevator speech, evaluation forms--and much more!