Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on October 27, 2012
I'll admit I am a little conflicted writing this review. Like many modellers I prefer to paint my kits first with acrylics, then moving on to detail and weather them with artist's oil paints. You won't find that approach in this beautifully laid-out and functional book. As far as painting goes, this is pretty much an all Humbrol enamel shop; airbrushed base, highlights and weathering.

Ok, that out of the way, Small Scale Armour Modelling is a book filled with useful information that continues to find its way into my repertoire. This is one of the 'masterclass' series, and Alex Clark has more than a few useful tricks up his sleeve to share with us.

What really stands out is the presentation, the photographs and the binding. These make-up a book that really should come right to the bench with us as we hone our skills or try out something new.

If I had known about the 'all enamel approach' to the painting section before buying, I might not have bought this book. However, I am still very happy to have it on my shelf as its content, and especially its format, easily stands up to any of the other big books beside it.
on September 15, 2012
It took me a lot to decide whether to buy or not this book, because I mainly model 1/72 WWI and WWII armor. I initially thought that it would be a nice book on pair with previous Alex Clark's books (Modelling Panzer IV 1/72 and Modelling Tiger Tank 1/72, both highly reccomended), but only directed for modelrn armour. However, after taking a glance at a friend's book, I immediately bought at Amazon, becuase it is a complete handbook on many techniques that will help any modeller with 1/72 scale armor and even other scales. High class and easily to handle, on a "notebook" format. Excellent.
on May 31, 2013
This is not a combining of old Osprey articles but a well written and illustrated how to book. There are some photos from the Osprey series and a little duplication, but most is new and useful. My modeling friend read mine and immediately bought his own!

Fabulous buy at Amazon's price.
on May 24, 2016
Love this book. Now if I could just master the skills...
on February 4, 2015
This book would be great for the beginner. Well written and the reference photos. I enjoyed reading reading and will return to it often.
on January 11, 2012
So glad I bought this...Has some information that I had, provide some new info and a great refresher...for me anyway
on December 28, 2012
The author has thought of those who would use a book like this, complied it in an easy reading package
on November 7, 2011
A good solid review of various modeling techniques from prep to construction to finishing. The author likes the smaller 1/72 and 1/76 scales but the techniques work for pretty much all scales. The book doesn't go into photo etch and other multimedia but it is still a good solid book.