- Paperback: 272 pages
- Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC; 1st ed edition (January 11, 1978)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0882661361
- ISBN-13: 978-0882661360
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.7 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 15.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 27 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,660,090 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
Small-Scale Pig Raising Paperback – January 11, 1978
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From the Back Cover
From this beginning, author Dirk van Loon explains exactly why raising a feeder pig is the best bet for someone with little land who wants to produce the most meat for the smallest investment of time and money. Small-Scale Pig Raising covers everything from buying a pig to smoking your own bacon.
You'll learn about:
* Housing & equipment
* Penning & handling
* Health & nutrition
* Commercial feeds and feeding
* Alternative feeds
* Pig digestion & physiology
* Breeding & farrowing
* Management techniques
Small-Scale Pig Raising is extra good on home butchering, with step-by-step instructions and many photos covering the entire process from slaughtering to portioning meat for the freezer.
About the Author