Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Small World Be Not Afraid Expansion Board Game
|Price:||$21.98 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This is an expansion to Small World
- Adds depth and complexity to the base game
- Adds Barbarians, Homunculi, Pixies, Pygmies and greedy little Leprechauns
- Special powers let you leap over and take over new lands
- Allows for 3-6 players
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Be Not Afraid is an expansion for Small World, introducing five new races and five new special powers. It also comes with a plastic container that holds all of it's pieces, as well as those for the mini-expansions Great Dames and Cursed! This set is a blend of offensive and defensive abilities.
1) Barbarians - cannot redeploy at the end of your turn, but has a base unit number of 9.
2) Homunculi - when this race is skipped a unit token (if any left) is added in addition to the normal victory coin. The base unit number is 5 but there are 15 total tokens, so this power could have significant effect.
3) Leprechauns - during redeployment place one pot of gold in any (or all) of your Leprechaun occupied regions. At the beginning of your next turn it goes into your victory pile and is worth one coin, but opponents can conquer the region in the meantime to claim the pot themselves.
4) Pixies - Base unit number is 11, but during redeploy you leave only one unit per region and hold the rest in hand until your next turn.
5) Pygmies - each time you lose a Pygmy role the reinforcement die and receive that many new Pygmies from the tray (until none left). Deploy these at the end of the current player's turn.
The special powers (all have base unit number of 4):
1) Barricade - Collect three bonus coins if your Barricade troops occupy four regions or less at the end of your turn..
2) Catapult - once per turn place the catapult in one of your occupied regions to conquer a non-adjacent region one region away for one less token than usual.Read more ›
First, this is the best of the race expansion boxes. The five races are very playable adding real options to the game.
Second, the special powers are as good as or better than the races. Corrupt, imperial and mercenary are must haves that can alter how you play the game.
Lastly, this expansion has the box for the new items. While not a requirement to play, it makes storing things easier.
The new box will not fit in the game box. I kept the punch out sheets and store all of this in the slipcover that the expansion comes in.
This expansion, cursed and leaders is my game.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Small World is AWESOME!!!!! Great expansion set. I'll probably need to get another one soon.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great addition to the already fun base game! Can't wait to collect them all!Published 2 months ago by Jessica M.
This is just an expansion so you need to buy the board game for this.
I think these races are more of the fun ones and I'm happy that I bought this. Read more
Great expansion the the Small World. I have been playing with this expansion ever since I got it. The game is not the same without it.Published 16 months ago by James Klingele