Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $12.89 shipping
+ $4.49 shipping
Small World Toys Neurosmith - Music Blocks
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Over a million different musical compositions
- Creatively compose music
- Experiment with shapes, colors, sequences and sounds
- Premium digital sound
- No cartridges needed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
When it comes to "building" musical creativity, nothing tops Neurosmith's Music Blocks! The premise is simply brilliant: as toddlers rearrange the electronic blocks, they're composing beautiful, original songs. Each block side plays a unique measure of music, yielding more than one million possible tunes. This irresistible music toy sparks endless exploration, while teaching colors, shapes, sequence, and cause and effect. Music Blocks includes jazz, African rhythms, and Mozart selections; there are no additional cartridges to purchase. Batteries included. For ages 2 and up. Winner of the Oppenheim Best Toy Award A great introduction to the rudiments of melody and tone, as well as the sheer joy of creating music! Musical toys make great holiday toys that offer developmental benefits. Delivers great digital sound quality Music Blocks console measures 12 1/2"L x 7 1/2"W x 4"H; each music block is a 1 1/2" cube Requires 4 "AA" batteries, included
Children make creative melodies while building cognitive skill when they play with Music Blocks from Neurosmith. Each side of these five blocks plays a different phrase of music, chosen from three musical themes. This variety of phrasings allows children to compose many different sound combinations and patterns. As they enjoy their time creating, children develop lifelong cognitive skills.
play patterns. View larger.
Create Unique Melodies with Five Multicolored Blocks
Neurosmith Music Blocks feature five multicolored blocks for children to play with and use to shape their own musical creations. The blocks fit into their display in a row and are held securely in place with magnets. When children press down on the blocks, each block will play a phrase of music. Each side of each block plays a different phrase, and children are encouraged to turn the blocks both to hear different phrasings and to see the different visual shapes on every side.
Play Phrasings in Three Different Styles
Once they've decided which musical phrasing they like for each block, children can press the red button on the front of the display, and the blocks will play one after another from left to right to showcase the new composition. Children can follow along as each block lights up while it plays, and rearrange for new creations.
In addition, a switch on the back of the display allows children to play the blocks in three different musical styles: Jumpin' Jive Jazz, African Rhythms, and Mozart's Night Music. These styles provide a range of rhythms and melodies to inspire a child's creativity.
Develop Play Patterns to Shape Cognitive Development
As children arrange and rearrange the blocks to make compositions, they develop a series of playtime actions called "play patterns." Research indicates that these patterns can positively affect the way your child's brain develops by stimulating and developing important connections through sound and visuals. By encouraging these connections, Neurosmith Music Blocks lay the groundwork for a lifetime of learning and creativity.
What's in the Box
Neurosmith Music Blocks and instructions for use.
Compare with similar items
Munchkin Mozart Magic Cube
Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes Musical Toy
Baby Einstein Musical Toy, Tunes Neptune
Neurosmith Small World Toys Sunshine Symphony Infant Musical Toy
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||etailz||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Babyhaven™||Amazon.com||THE BT GROUP|
|Item Dimensions||15 x 5 x 11 in||5.25 x 5.25 x 5.25 in||5.13 x 1.08 x 5.13 in||5 x 5 x 5 in||7.8 x 2.3 x 10.9 in||12 x 5 x 12 in|
|Item Weight||3.4 lbs||1.6 lbs||6.88 ounces||—||—||1.9 lbs|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- It has three settings: Classical, World and a sort of jazzy/big band option. I'm particularly impressed that the music is fantastic!
- Every setting offers all sorts of instrumentals as well as vocals.
- This isn't annoying music like most toys - the only thing comparable would be the Baby Einstein toys with their great music options, but this is better because there are an incredible number of combinations to create your own variations of the music - your child literally composes the music by rearranging and repositioning each block.
- My toddler son (16 months) is still figuring it out and delights himself when we creates a song with the blocks. He loves music and he's amazed when we play with it together, but I'd give him three more months before he's regularly playing with it all by himself. Still, we have so, SO much fun with this.
- It's educational -- It's a great way for a very young child to see cause and effect as they rearrange the blocks and the music changes.
- It's so unique. We have rooms full of toys that we've bought over the years or received as presents and this one is in a league of its own. It's ingenious.
FYI: Brookstone was selling this toy for close to $100. I bought it on Amazon for less than $50. I would buy this again and I'd recommend it to EVERY parent -- I can't even put an age limit on it, because I loved it so much as an adult.