SmallRig Cage for Sony Alpha A6500/ ILCE 6500 4K Digital Mirrorless Camera - 1889
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SMALLRIG A6500 Cage for Sony A6500 1889 is a customized cage for Sony A6500. It is made of one piece of high-grade aluminum alloy, so it is lightweight and durable
- This cage is perfectly matched to your camera without obstructing camera buttons and dials. The well-designed structure benefits heat dissipation and prevents unwanted twist
- With a bottom 1/4" screw and a side M2.5 screw securely locked, your camera will be more stabilized
- There are one cold shoe and one NATO rail on the top. The cold shoe allows to mount articulating arm, EVF mount, microphone, etc. Besides, it also provides mounting points for SMALLRIG cold shoe 1241, so that you can mount additional accessories
- With enough space on the left side, in a easy way you can mount HDMI clamp 1822. A right side NATO rail and 1/4" & 3/8" mounting holes enable an access to mount more rigs. This cage features an Arca QR plate on the bottom, so you can directly attach it to the Arca QR baseplate. Or, you can mount other QR plates through two 1/4" screws based on your need
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
SMALLRIG A6500 Cage for Sony A6500 ILCE-6500 Camera 1889 is a customized cage for Sony A6500. It's perfect forms fitted to the Sony A6500, and really does a great job at helping you accessorize your camera! The Whole Cage is made from one piece of the high-quality aluminum air, which is light and very durable.
Why SmallRig Sony A6500 ILCE-6500 Camera Cage?
- Perfectly matched to your camera and leaves all buttons and dials available
- Benefits heat dissipation and prevent unwanted twist
- A cold shoe and a side NATO rail for articulating arm, EVF mount, microphone attachment
- One NATO rail on the top for NATO handle attachment
- Provides HDMI clamp protection when you need.
- Compatible with different quick release plates
Sony A6500 Camera
1 x A6500 Cage 1889
1 x 1/4"-20 Screw
1 x M2.5 Screw
1 x Hex Spanner
Product Dimensions: 138x49.5x84.5mm
Net Weight: 150g
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The handle is designed for the top orientation with the NATO adapter and has quick release knob on the bottom.
I have this Small rig camera cage, which has two NATO rails to attach, but I can only use one of them won’t make sense and you can’t change the orientation of the handle itself. There could be if you want to attach by buying a separate NATO rail and attach it to the sides.
The best thing about this handle is it is easily removable without any tools means I can keep my accessories attached to it and then just remove the handle for packing the gear in a smaller package.
As far as the mounting options, on one side, it has several different style of screw option and it has three different built in shoe mounts, one on the top, and tow on each side of the handle. They did replace the one in the front with ARRI compatible extenstion blocks iin the newer version but everything else remains the same.
It also comes with this quarter inch spanner on the side, which attaches via magnet inside the handle. Now, you can use it for different purposes but the main reason they gave it is, you can loosen this screws on the other side and can change front to back orientation according to your need. So that makes it very easy to use for balancing the camera for handheld use since since you can balance it on all four sides depending on the lenght of your NATO rail and other accessories attached to your rig.
This knob is similar to what Manfrotto uses in their QR plates, means you can pull it outside if you don’t have a space to rotate.
Surprisingly, so far I don’t see any downside of owning this handle, I do see some chipping in paint because of rough use but besides that, it is very strong and very useful while transferring or moving your rig.
Hope that was helpful, if you have any question, let me know in the comment section below, and as always thanks for watching.
Update: after having this cage in use for a month I'm deducting another star. If you add anything to the build in shoe, you cannot get your fingers in to press c1 and c2 buttons. It's just placed in a poor spot, had to buy additional shoe mount (maybe that was the point). Although my godox and other triggers or anything with a large locking knob don't fit, I did find that a TTL vello off camera flash cord will seat fully, you just can't turn the knob to lock it down (I find it does not pop out). I want to make clear that I am routing for this company to succeed, i just feel like it's designed by an engineer but no one has tried the finished product. I hope they correct these issues on the next iteration of this cage.