SmallRig Camera Cage Video Stabilizer for Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4, GH3 - 1585
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- This cage is specially designed for Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4/GH3 camera.
- It adopts a compact and lightweight design. The delicate structure allows full access to the camera's buttons and controls
- The top plate offers arrays of 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 mounting holes for attaching accessories. The left side of the cage is a NATO rail for attaching NATO standard accessories directly.
- There are two eyelets on the NATO rail for attaching wrist strap grip and stability.
- The cage bottom allows you attach SmallRig rods system to it. Moreover, SmallRig HDMI lock 1693 (Search SmallRig 1693)can be attached to this cage for HDMI port protecting.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item SmallRig Camera Cage Video Stabilizer for Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4, GH3 - 1585
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||SmallRig||FOTYRIG Direct||CoolFoto||FotoPal||PULUZ Official Store - US||SmallRig|
|Color||—||GH4 Cage||—||—||Red||Small Half Cage|
|Item Dimensions||1.57 x 5.75 x 4.06 in||0.8 x 6 x 3.8 in||3.82 x 5.98 x 1.97 in||—||—||3.74 x 3.94 x 1.97 in|
1x HDMI lock
Material: Aluminum Alloy
Net Weight: 180g
Top customer reviews
+ Solid (one piece, no screw joints)
+ Light - the bottom may look thick but it's milled out
+ superbly finished - all edges chamfered, uniform matte (media blasted) finish good deep black anodizing
+ clear access to just about everything (battery and media doors, most of the top buttons (front exposure wheel is a little tight, but doable)
+ Generous alignment tabs - not little screws/bumpers like other cages. No more twisting from follow focus or lens change
+ Full touch screen clearance - the HDMI lock will limit downward tilt range when installed, but still allows the screen to flip out fully (and presumably you'd be using an external monitor at that point anyway)
If I had to pick nits;
- Not for frequent detachment - The 1/4 mounting screw nests very snugly in a milled slot, which is both a too snug for d-ring screws (which I use everywhere else, in case I don't have a tool at arm's reach) and covered as soon as pretty much any dovetail plate is attached, making it a multi-step screwdriver affair to mount or remove the camera. I am likely to drill an access hole in a plate I'll dedicate to this cage to alleviate that.
It should be noted that the flash cannot be opened due to the snug fit at the top, but I don't count this negatively; having a top plate to mount a handle to means blocking either the flash or hotshoe (or both) without adding a bunch of extra height, at which point you lose a bunch of the benefit of having a form-fitting cage light this. I much prefer this arrangement with the hot shoe clear, especially given the audio implications for the GH5 which I'm hoping fits in this thing as well....will find that out pretty soon.
All said and done, another well-engineered and executed piece of gear from Smallrig. They have become my go-to for misc rig parts and everything I've gotten has been top notch by any standard, but especially for the price (which in this case was about 1/3 of the next cheapest option I looked at....dunno where these "pricey" comments are coming from but I would emphatically disagree)
I'm able to mount a beachtek audio adapter, the top handle, a 7" external recorder.
Very pleased and impressed with SmallRig.