Oil month Automotive HPC Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent Hostiles available to rent  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on June 27, 2014
BUTTON INSTRUCTIONS:
--------------------
Hold for 3 seconds to turn on and enter standby mode; LED stays on.
Press once to take a picture; LED blinks once.
Hold for 2 seconds to start video capture; LED blinks slowly.
Press once to stop video capture; LED stays on.
Hold for 4 seconds to turn off; LED turns off.

OTHER FUNCTIONS:
----------------
Plug USB cable into camera and computer. LED Blinks fast as it is charging the battery.
Windows 7 automatically installs the driver for storage mode. Removable Storage shows up in Computer then you can access the pictures and videos.
While charging, press button once. Removable storage disappears, Windows 7 installs "Imaging devices->USB2.0 Device" webcam.
Download and run your favorite webcam software.
While charging, press button to toggle between "storage mode" and "webcam mode".

TROUBLESHOOTING:
----------------
You turn it on to standby mode, but the LED blinks fast 11 times then shuts off:
- Check that you have a Micro SD card inserted with the label (top) facing the lens. If you do, check that it's formatted for FAT or FAT32. If it is, try pressing the reset button in the front near the LED. You will need a paperclip for this. Then turn it on again. If it's still not staying on, try a different Micro SD card or charge the battery.

Change the camera time:
- Plug USB cable into camera and computer. It should be in "storage mode". Find or create the text file time.txt created on the Micro SD card and edit file and change to correct time. Example; "2012-05-01 23:59:59". Save it then unplug. Turn it on and the time will be set.

________________________________________________________________
I don't know how and why people give this a 1 star. What do you expect from a $10 micro video/picture camera?

For $10 this thing is really amazing! It's so small which is amazing, and it can record on removable Micro SD which is amazing, it has a USB connection and a built-in rechargeable battery using the USB connection which is amazing, and it records at 30 frames per second (with audio) which is amazing. The plastic casing is normal hard plastic, which is why I don't understand how some people would think that it feels cheap like a toy!?

When I first got this the battery was dead, so I had to recharge it. Then it wasn't recognizing my 1GB Micro SD card even though it was formatted for FAT or FAT32. It would turn on, then just turn off after 5 seconds later. So I pressed the reset button on the front then it was able to recognize it and created the necessary directories. The webcam mode worked as expected too.

My pictures turn out to be 1280x1024 even through the box states they should be 1280x720. Maybe it's internally 1280x720 stretched to 1280x1024 output, I'm not sure. The video is 720x480 even though the box states it should be 640x480. Again, not sure if internally it sees 640x480 and stretches it to 720x480. I just know all my AVI files are 720x480 no matter what program I use to view the file statistics. I've seen numerous specs on the resolution of this camera, so maybe there's multiple versions passing around?

I ordered 2 of these cameras on a Sunday. The first was from a China dealer. Then about 20 minutes later I ordered from a local California dealer. The CA item arrived in 3 days. While the China item arrived in only 9 days. The CA order was a retail package, it came with retail box labeled as a "Y2000 Mini Camcorder" (there seems to be a Y2000, Y3000, and Y5000 models). The China order arrived in an envelope without the retail box, but everything else included was the same. There was no CD in either shipment which was expected, as even the retail box doesn't state that it should come with one. The CD wasn't even necessary as Windows 7 found the camera and installed drivers automatically for storage mode and webcam mode. And I was able to download a free webcam program anyway, there's tons of free ones out there.

I haven't tested the length of battery time, but others have and say maybe 40 or so minutes of video? You'd have to test it for yourself.

All in all this camera is as advertised. It's cheap, small, and works. The quality is not 1080p clarity, but for the price it's a steal! This technology 15 years ago would have been $1000!!

There are better video quality cameras out there, but they are more money than this one. I've talked a coworker into buying two of these from the local seller, and those worked the same as mine.

I would highly recommend this camera to anyone.
88 comments| 225 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 10, 2015
Works great. A little shaky and hard to aim but if you take time to aim your shots, I bet it would work great.I brought it to school and took some pictures and videos. Would of gave it 5 stars but it didn't come with a micro SD card.
review image
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Photographyon November 22, 2014
Made of fragile plastic parts but what I expected for this item at this price and because of it's micro size. Picture quality is that of a low quality surveillance camera but you would definitely be able to identify the subject in the photos. If you are wanting something small to take quality pictures this is not the one. I rated it four stars because while it is average on quality for it's size it is awesome as a novelty item. If you are looking for a novelty item that actually works this is for you. This would make a cute gift for a photographer friend if you put it on a necklace which is what I am doing with mine. Adorable item. Pleased with what I got for the money.
on September 1, 2016
I don't get the bad reviews unless this item breaks in a week. I just received and tested it out. The video is very good and the audio within the video file is amazing. I could clearly hear my television from a room away in the video clip. Instructions can be found on YouTube under y2000. I will update if stops working but I am very satisfied as of now. Very small also.
on January 17, 2015
Worked okay at first with very poor video quality. Attaching it to a quadcopter didn't work very well - there was some kind of interference making the video waver (unwatchable).

The second time I tried to use it, the light started blinking rapidly and no longer would record video (only photos worked). Tried resetting it using the tiny reset button, reformatting the card, etc. Turns out the battery just didn't hold a charge overnight. As long as you recharge it right before use, it seems to work.

In the process of trying to fix it, I found that the small plastic circle that says "2.0 MEGA PIXELS" actually reduces the picture quality. It has a cloudy piece of plastic blocking the lens. Not sure what the other consequences are of removing it, but videos and pictures look slightly better with it off.
on July 30, 2015
So I got this to add to my Robosapien. It isn't even a hack, per se....as the unit is totally self enclosed. I added a 2G mini SD card that I had on hand, charged it up, and put a plush Velcro dot on the back of the camera and corresponding hook Velcro dot on basically the "belly button" of the Robosapien....easy, instant video capability.....yes, you have to press the button to activate the camera, but it is so easy, it's not a problem, and it doesn't look bad at all.

It's pretty cool, I say, and the price was a pittance.
on October 2, 2015
I just received it. I think it is so adorable. It took me a bit of time figuring it out. But I finally got it to work. It records and takes pictures. Yes the quality is not perfect it is like when the digital cameras first came out. So to compare to the photography camera now forget it. This mini camera is crap compared to the professional ones. BUT It does work fine. It is worth the price. I think it is great for the price and size. I will place in one picture i took with it. it is a pic it took with the camera turned sideways. I am noticing it takes pics that look zoomed in a bit. I will take more pics and videos another day with it outside. And see how they are compared to indoors.
review imagereview image
on March 30, 2016
False advertisement. Product is no where near as high res as seller states. This is just a gimmick. What I ended up doing if you want a hidden camera was use my iphone and prop it so the camera part sticks out your pocket a little bit. Substantially better image quality, and nobody really thinks much of it if they see an iphone sticking out your pocket.
on August 29, 2015
Total scam. This camera is advertised for use as a webcam, but not possible to use because no drivers are available, Some other sellers provide a CD but not here. Can't find anything on internet to download.
I don't expect quality pictures or operation from this camera but I do expect it to work and get seller support
on April 27, 2016
  I decided to try this camera on a small quadcopter and see what would happen. There is no point in filming at night, because in low light nothing is visible in the video. Just useful for daylight.
22 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse