Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 27, 2014
BUTTON INSTRUCTIONS:
--------------------
Hold for 3 seconds to turn on and enter standby mode; LED stays on.
Press once to take a picture; LED blinks once.
Hold for 2 seconds to start video capture; LED blinks slowly.
Press once to stop video capture; LED stays on.
Hold for 4 seconds to turn off; LED turns off.

OTHER FUNCTIONS:
----------------
Plug USB cable into camera and computer. LED Blinks fast as it is charging the battery.
Windows 7 automatically installs the driver for storage mode. Removable Storage shows up in Computer then you can access the pictures and videos.
While charging, press button once. Removable storage disappears, Windows 7 installs "Imaging devices->USB2.0 Device" webcam.
Download and run your favorite webcam software.
While charging, press button to toggle between "storage mode" and "webcam mode".

TROUBLESHOOTING:
----------------
You turn it on to standby mode, but the LED blinks fast 11 times then shuts off:
- Check that you have a Micro SD card inserted with the label (top) facing the lens. If you do, check that it's formatted for FAT or FAT32. If it is, try pressing the reset button in the front near the LED. You will need a paperclip for this. Then turn it on again. If it's still not staying on, try a different Micro SD card or charge the battery.

Change the camera time:
- Plug USB cable into camera and computer. It should be in "storage mode". Find or create the text file time.txt created on the Micro SD card and edit file and change to correct time. Example; "2012-05-01 23:59:59". Save it then unplug. Turn it on and the time will be set.

________________________________________________________________
I don't know how and why people give this a 1 star. What do you expect from a $10 micro video/picture camera?

For $10 this thing is really amazing! It's so small which is amazing, and it can record on removable Micro SD which is amazing, it has a USB connection and a built-in rechargeable battery using the USB connection which is amazing, and it records at 30 frames per second (with audio) which is amazing. The plastic casing is normal hard plastic, which is why I don't understand how some people would think that it feels cheap like a toy!?

When I first got this the battery was dead, so I had to recharge it. Then it wasn't recognizing my 1GB Micro SD card even though it was formatted for FAT or FAT32. It would turn on, then just turn off after 5 seconds later. So I pressed the reset button on the front then it was able to recognize it and created the necessary directories. The webcam mode worked as expected too.

My pictures turn out to be 1280x1024 even through the box states they should be 1280x720. Maybe it's internally 1280x720 stretched to 1280x1024 output, I'm not sure. The video is 720x480 even though the box states it should be 640x480. Again, not sure if internally it sees 640x480 and stretches it to 720x480. I just know all my AVI files are 720x480 no matter what program I use to view the file statistics. I've seen numerous specs on the resolution of this camera, so maybe there's multiple versions passing around?

I ordered 2 of these cameras on a Sunday. The first was from a China dealer. Then about 20 minutes later I ordered from a local California dealer. The CA item arrived in 3 days. While the China item arrived in only 9 days. The CA order was a retail package, it came with retail box labeled as a "Y2000 Mini Camcorder" (there seems to be a Y2000, Y3000, and Y5000 models). The China order arrived in an envelope without the retail box, but everything else included was the same. There was no CD in either shipment which was expected, as even the retail box doesn't state that it should come with one. The CD wasn't even necessary as Windows 7 found the camera and installed drivers automatically for storage mode and webcam mode. And I was able to download a free webcam program anyway, there's tons of free ones out there.

I haven't tested the length of battery time, but others have and say maybe 40 or so minutes of video? You'd have to test it for yourself.

All in all this camera is as advertised. It's cheap, small, and works. The quality is not 1080p clarity, but for the price it's a steal! This technology 15 years ago would have been $1000!!

There are better video quality cameras out there, but they are more money than this one. I've talked a coworker into buying two of these from the local seller, and those worked the same as mine.

I would highly recommend this camera to anyone.
223 helpful votes
224 helpful votes
88 comments|Report abuse
on April 30, 2015
I've owned quite a few of these small cameras that I use for various applications. I have a small keychain cam that I like (small, can fit in my pocket, can use with my RC helicopters), and it takes good video.

As for this camera: It's probably the easiest to use of the small cams I've owned. But it has some limitations. First: The photos are of poor quality, and they are stretched. The look is similar to what you'd get if you took a 4:3 photo and stretched it to a widescreen. It's just odd. The quality of the photo is also a bit sub-par to some of my other small cameras (grainy) That's particularly disappointing as the lens is larger than the other ones that I own. Video is also of lower quality than I'm used to, but thankfully it's better than the photos and not stretched.

Then there's the shape of the thing. It looks like a toy camera for a doll. The lens is cartoonishly large in comparison with the rest of it. (The entire package is small overall). But this isn't something you are going to hide too easily as a nanny cam because, well, it looks like a camera. Unless you hide it inside something and cut a peep-hole it's pretty obvious. (Just my thoughts).

So, it's an OK camera, and the price is decent. I'll find some application for it, or maybe I'll give it to my kid to play with.
Enthusiast: Photographyon November 22, 2014
Made of fragile plastic parts but what I expected for this item at this price and because of it's micro size. Picture quality is that of a low quality surveillance camera but you would definitely be able to identify the subject in the photos. If you are wanting something small to take quality pictures this is not the one. I rated it four stars because while it is average on quality for it's size it is awesome as a novelty item. If you are looking for a novelty item that actually works this is for you. This would make a cute gift for a photographer friend if you put it on a necklace which is what I am doing with mine. Adorable item. Pleased with what I got for the money.
on October 2, 2015
I just received it. I think it is so adorable. It took me a bit of time figuring it out. But I finally got it to work. It records and takes pictures. Yes the quality is not perfect it is like when the digital cameras first came out. So to compare to the photography camera now forget it. This mini camera is crap compared to the professional ones. BUT It does work fine. It is worth the price. I think it is great for the price and size. I will place in one picture i took with it. it is a pic it took with the camera turned sideways. I am noticing it takes pics that look zoomed in a bit. I will take more pics and videos another day with it outside. And see how they are compared to indoors.
review imagereview image
14 helpful votes
15 helpful votes
on December 28, 2014
The first camera was delivered with a defective operating button on the camera, but after contacting the company I received a new camera that, I think, had to be rushed delivered. I used it in one of my model rocket's and the movie of the launch came back with incredible results! It was like having an expensive handheld camcorder inside that rocket. Very pleased. Packing was great for such a small and delicate item. Thumbs up!
on January 14, 2015
It works pretty much as I expected, video is a bit dark and unstable depending on whether you hold it in your hand or affix it to something that is stable, (like a monitor or table). The instruction are hard to understand as if written by some space alien communicating with humans for the first time. The pictures seem to come out alright though. I haven't been able to get it to work as a webcam yet and I get a continuous tapping or electrical popping sound on all my videos for some reason but other then that the audio seems fine. So for the money it's a great little camera.
on July 16, 2015
The first one I got did not work so they sent me another one ASAP and it works good.
The video and pics are ok, it is fun to play with a sling shot,get some crazy video!
All in all not bad for 10$
The next one is for my Cheerston cx10 micro drone project!!
on September 1, 2016
I don't get the bad reviews unless this item breaks in a week. I just received and tested it out. The video is very good and the audio within the video file is amazing. I could clearly hear my television from a room away in the video clip. Instructions can be found on YouTube under y2000. I will update if stops working but I am very satisfied as of now. Very small also.
on July 30, 2015
So I got this to add to my Robosapien. It isn't even a hack, per se....as the unit is totally self enclosed. I added a 2G mini SD card that I had on hand, charged it up, and put a plush Velcro dot on the back of the camera and corresponding hook Velcro dot on basically the "belly button" of the Robosapien....easy, instant video capability.....yes, you have to press the button to activate the camera, but it is so easy, it's not a problem, and it doesn't look bad at all.

It's pretty cool, I say, and the price was a pittance.
on May 6, 2017
Crapped out within a year. Will not power on or accept a charge. Not bad for its size, but if it no longer functions, it's worthless.