- File Size: 687 KB
- Print Length: 33 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Serena Dale; 1 edition (June 8, 2014)
- Publication Date: June 8, 2014
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00KVJ27RO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,881 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Children's Nonfiction > Science, Nature & How It Works > Math
- #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science, Nature & How It Works > Mystery & Wonders
- #1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Science > Biological Sciences > Animals
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
15 Smart Animals From Around The World - Extraordinary Animal Photos & Facinating Fun Facts For Kids: Book 1 (Weird & Wonderful Animals) Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Are dogs really smart or just so good at basic obedience? For example, they can learn to lie down and fetch, to sit and roll over. However, can they read the intentions of their owners? Researchers say they can at least look for food in response to gestures addressed to them. This is a sign that dogs, like humans, can also understand the point of view of others. FUN FACT: Specific breeds, such as Labrador retrievers, border collies, German shepherds, and poodles are known for their intelligence.
At the end of the book was a really strange thing to have in a kids book:
DO YOU ENJOY READING ROMANCE NOVELS? CHECK OUT THE PARANORMAL ROMANCES CREATED BY CALLIE HARTWOOD
I received this for free for my honest and unbiased review.
* Pigs have played video games that were too difficult for three-year-old children.
* Humans and ants are the only creatures known to farm other animals. Ants farm colonies of aphids and consume their byproducts (I've seen this - we have ants farming citrus aphids on one of our shrubs.).
* Some breeds of dogs, including Labrador retrievers, border collies, German shepherds, and poodles, are known for their high intelligence.
My own choice: squirrels, which I've seen do incredible feats of problem solving to get to some food meant for birds.
In this particular book 15 SMART ANIMALS FROM AROUND THE WORLD Selena accompanies us on a tour of animals, offering excellent images of each and giving a few of the qualities that make the unique and smart. Spiders: experts on problem solving tasks, Ants: great organizational skills that farm other creatures, Sea Lions: logical thinkers such as in matching pictures, Crows: good memories, problem solvers, and `hunters', Raccoons: brave, confident, identify patterns, skillful hands, Horses: great memories, quick responses, Falcons: terrific memories, Cats: can learn tricks and hunt very well, Squirrels: great at hiding foods, adjusting to new environments, Elephants: have complex thinking and deep emotions and excellent memories, Dogs: fast learners and responders, Whales: use complex sounds for communication, especially prolonged singing!
These are only tidbits of information contained in the book. Readers will find going back to certain animals to compare their traits a great way to understand the animal kingdom and their particular traits that make them so intelligent. This is a very fine book for youngsters, one that will stimulate as well as entertain. Grady Harp, June 14
I received this book for free or at a deep discount in exchange for my honest opinion in the form of a review and that is exactly what I have provided. My opinion has not been influenced by outside sources in any manner. My opinions, thoughts, and experiences are those of my own.
Most recent customer reviews
So many interesting facts.
I loved the pics but it would have been nice if there would have more pics and a little more exiting.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Science, Nature & How It Works > Mystery & Wonders
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Animals
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science, Nature & How It Works > Mystery & Wonders
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Animals