- Paperback: 224 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (March 21, 1990)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0471513326
- ISBN-13: 978-0471513322
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 0.6 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 9 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #771,572 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Smart Interviewer 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Lying Game" by Ruth Ware
From the instant New York Times bestselling author of blockbuster thrillers "In a Dark, Dark Wood" and "The Woman in Cabin 10" comes Ruth Ware’s chilling new novel, "The Lying Game." See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Publisher
A how-to course in selection interviewing. Presents a simple, elegant technique based on sound psychology and universal management principles. The step-by-step approach shows how to plan the interview, and explains the psychology behind the interview questions and how to interpret the answers. Also discusses legal aspects of interviewing and how to prepare job descriptions and person specifications.
From the Back Cover
The Smart Interviewer In 20 years of specializing in interviews, management psychologist Brad Smart has successfully interviewed more than 4,000 candidates for selection or promotion, trained over 3,000 hiring managers in how to interview, and counseled thousands on how to manage their careers. The Smart Interviewer is a culmination of this vast experience. In it, Smart shares with you the secrets to successful interviewing. Written in a most readable style and featuring humorous cartoons, this book will immediately help you improve your interviewing effectiveness. Youll learn:
- How to build excellent rapport
- How to apply the TORC Technique for motivating the interviewee to be totally candid and reveal negatives
- How to conduct productive reference calls
- How to correctly interpret an interviewees responses
- How to prepare for an interview, how much time to take during an interview, how to focus your questions in ways that will reveal whether the interviewee meets your organizations needs or notplus the latest hiring legalities you should be aware of
Top customer reviews
I used CIDS 4 times. 3 times I found a great, A-Player, person who was welcomed with open arms and made tremendous contributions. The other time I was able to avoid making a disastrous hiring decision.
Figure the ROI on that! Just the savings from avoiding that one hiring mistake brings an astronomical ROI percentage. I continue to use this tool and recommend it to everyone.
This is a thorough guide and one that makes it very difficult for a slacker to fall through the cracks. A must read for HR executives and anybody who wants to find out how to find the good ones.