Smart Sheep 6-Pack XL Premium 100% Wool Dryer Balls, Reusable Natural Fabric Softener
- Set of 6 Original Smart Sheep 100% Premium New Zealand Wool Dryer Balls (no fillers, don't settle for knock-offs, we strive to stay ahead of competition by offering exceptional quality and customer service)
- Softens Laundry Naturally--- No Chemicals or Synthetics Used (great for those with sensitive skin & babies)
- Shortens Drying Time (use 3 balls for small/med load, 5-6 for large)
- Extra-Large (9 in. circumference,) Handmade, Eco-friendly, Saves Energy
- Lasts for a Thousand-Plus Loads, Replaces Dryer Sheets & Liquid Fabric Softeners, Saves Money. (A healthy, petroleum-free alternative to plastic dryer steamer balls)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Smart Sheep wool dryer balls shorten drying time, soften and fluff fabric, and reduce static. They help bed sheets stay untangled during the drying process as well as keep pet hair off of clothes.
They are all-natural, with no synthetic fibers or chemicals used. While some other brands use center fillers or low-quality wool, Smart Sheep dryer balls are always made of 100% premium New Zealand wool. They will not unravel and will last for years. Their size is optimal for maximum dryer efficiency. They may develop some pilling, but pilling makes for softer laundry because a larger surface area improves softness and drying time. Wool dryer balls are quieter and more gentle on clothing than plastic dryer balls with nubs. They are great for fluffing down feather items such as quilts and jackets. Using wool dryer balls saves your dryer from the residue left from liquid fabric softeners and dryer sheets. Our wool dryer balls are the perfect gift for all occasions: baby showers, Mother's Day, Father's Day, bridal showers, weddings, Christmas, college graduation, housewarming, teacher appreciation, and more! They also make a fabulous stocking stuffer. The Smart Sheep family works hard to bring you the best wool dryer balls at the best price. Get rid of chemical-laden products and try Smart Sheep.
- Try scenting the dryer balls by placing a few drops of essential oil (lavender, lemon, etc) on each ball. This will lightly scent your clothes!
- Keep dryer balls away from pets. They will think they are fun toys and will run off with them. However, if you are fine letting your dog play with them and getting them dirty, our dryer balls also make safe and excellent fetch toys! They are great for both indoor and outdoor play as an alternative use.
- Reduce static further by making sure clothing is not over-dried. Try taking clothes out sooner than you usually do.
Size: 71 mm
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
I read an embarrassingly high number of reviews for various wool dryer balls before ordering these. Several brands seemed similar in quality, so eventually it came down to price and these were the winner. No regrets or disappointments! This set is an excellent value, especially compared to the competition.
I never use dryer sheets, so I can't compare the wool balls to those. However, versus plastic dryer balls, they triumph in every category that matters to me:
- Reduced drying time/increased fluffing. The wool balls are larger (in terms of solid surface area) and denser than any plastic ball I've used, which seemingly causes them to be more efficiently distributed while tumbling, resulting in loads that dry faster and more evenly.
- Quieter (in terms of hitting the drum). No more loud banging!
- Gentler on fabrics (no nubbins).
- Reduced static cling. Static is now eliminated for nearly all of my loads, which happened far less often with the plastic balls.
- Handmade out of natural material. Since they are 100% wool, you aren't left wondering about any nasty chemicals.
Before ordering, I worried about whether they'd shed and cause lint on darks, but that has not been the case. They don't seem shed--if they do, the fibers must end up in the lint trap because they thankfully are not on my clothes.
Out of the package, they smelled a bit odd (hard to describe--sort of a concentrated wool scent), but that dissipated quickly and did not transfer to the laundry. I no longer notice a smell (which disappeared without the use of essential oils as I have not yet tried adding any to the balls).
They seem very durable and I anticipate them cycling through many more loads. Happy drying!
Another tip I just read about to reduce static is to sprinkle 1/4 to 1/2 cup of baking soda over the clothes in the washer prior to starting the washer. Baking soda effectively creates a barrier around each garment, preventing negative and positive charges from building up and causing the garments to stick together or to themselves. Another tip is to throw a damp washcloth into the dryer - switch the dryer to the lowest heat setting for the last 10 minutes and throw a clean, mildly damp washcloth or towel into the machine for the remainder of the cycle. Electrical charges are more likely to build up when the air becomes excessively dry. Adding a damp washcloth to the end of the drying cycle prevents the air inside the machine from becoming too dry. Another tip - don't overdry!
The odd thing is the polar fleece sheets came out feeling the softest they've ever been (thank you dryer balls and vinegar!). When I folded them, I could hear the static sparks but the material didn't cling or act staticy.Read more ›
The amount of lint left on our clothes is almost none, with the exception of 2 pairs of pants that always are linty.
I'm very excited to add essential oils to the wool and try it that way...just a tip I've read when doing that...the first time drying with essential oils place in an old pillow case and dry for a bit alone, otherwise the oil can get on our clothes!
I ordered these balls because I wash a lot of sheets and was mainly looking for a way to soften them without using expensive, toxic laundry softener. I also heard that they would speed up drying time, which is a great bonus, especially if you wash your clothes at a laundromat. When they arrived, I took them out of the package, looked them over, held them in my hands, and had a sudden thought: "These are a lot like tennis balls. Hmm…" So I googled it, and discovered that you can in fact use tennis balls to soften clothes. The only question remaining was: "How well do they work?" I was pretty motivated to find out, because I use a laundromat, and often have three to four loads running at a time, so I was going to have to order three more sets of wool dryer balls to cover each load, which would have added up to eighty dollars! Needless to say, I was crossing my fingers.
So, I bought the cheapest tennis balls I could find. I could have used them the way they were, but I stumbled across a blog post (www.imalazymom.com/lazy-mom-tips/diy-dryer-balls-a-lazy-mom-tip/) that recommended covering the balls up with foil in order to reduce static electricity. This is a problem I have, so I took the time to follow the instructions. Basically, you just cut four foot-long pieces of foil, wrap up a tennis ball in all four of them, one layer at a time, then tape the seam down with scotch tape, and repeat for each ball that you have. Easy-peasy. (I do recommend using a stronger tape, like duct tape.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These are a great alternative to fabric softener! I'm so glad I found these on Amazon.Published 15 minutes ago by Discriminate Shopper
The wool balls came quickly, so I put them in the dryer almost immediately. I noticed that when I added an essence oil to one of the balls, my entire wash load smelled wonderful. Read morePublished 45 minutes ago by Eco
I wish I had found these years ago! Using chemically based softeners made us feel "baaa d".
Using these wool dryer balls leaves our clothes soft and static free... Read more
Awesome! I love that these are a natural way to soften clothes and cut drying time. I was somewhat skeptical but satisfied with both of these qualities.Published 52 minutes ago by Amazon Customer
These dryer balls are great. My clothes dry quickly and with fewer wrinkles, without using chemical fabric softeners. I am sensitive to wool, but have no problems using these.Published 53 minutes ago by Sarah
These came promptly, are exactly what they claim to be, and work great! This is the first time we have used dryer balls and I'm very pleased with the result. Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Mike Monje
Softens clothes when I'm not using dryer sheets that fill up the landfillPublished 1 hour ago by corinne king
Love these! They really dry my clothes faster and make them soft. I plan to get some essential oils to put on them.Published 1 hour ago by BHS