Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on February 25, 2015
Teaching my almost 4 year old about fractions and she doesn't even know it! My 1 year old loves the fruit and is mesmerized by the magnetic feature! Great model for teaching kids about healthy eating -- but they've never had a problem eating fruit either. Not sure why people have written bad reviews about the banana? Or maybe the company changed how the banana fits together? My banana has 3 pieces, each one fitting into the next piece with a big knob like a Mega Blok. Not complicated at all to put together or take apart. You do have to rotate the pieces a little to get the banana to line-up exactly like a banana would look, but no problem there. Very happy! Kids love it!
on January 21, 2013
Here's a secret:

We haven't even done fractions in math yet. But my kids understand the concept already.

Could this be because we're an intentional home school family who believes that children can learn anything they are prepared for? Probably.

BUT, it could also be because we have this awesome toy that comes apart and easily comes back together magnetically that has the number on each piece of fruit that you can use to start a fraction conversation.

I can't wait till we add pieces of apple to pieces of orange. Awesome.
on January 6, 2009
Smart snacks have quickly become my favorite toy to play with my 3 1/2 year old son and this one is no exception!
The fruits are held together with strong magnets. They feature "seeds" to count on each one as well as the actual number. Fitting them together gives you a bit of a puzzle (for example #1 only "fits" with #5's seeds).
There is a lot of educational value here beyond counting as well. We talk about fresh fruit and it's nutritional value(s), where it comes from, what animals like it, etc. And of course they make great pretend snacks for teddy bears, dinosaurs or whomever else happens to be hungry!
Smart snacks remain at the top of my list for fun and educational toys. They are a little expensive (for what they are) but well worth it in my opinion!
on August 28, 2009
I bought this toy for my 3 yr old nephew. I love the fact that along with teaching about healthy eating, it also teaches about numbers, fractions,etc. The pieces are a good size and easy for small hands to hold on to. Toys like these are a win/win.. My sister in law loved that I bought him an educational toy, which was also a safe toy for his age. Her and I both liked that it promotes healthy eating, learning about colors, fruit, numbers and fractions all in one toy. For the price $15.00-$16.00 range, you can't go wrong. Great toy!
on September 28, 2011
I saw this at my friend's house and had to have it. It's got magnet inside (except for the banana which just fits like Lego) so they'll stick to each other making it a whole. I don't think my 2 year old son gets a concept of fraction but he likes to pretend he's eating it, count, putting it together and taking a part to share with his stuffed animals or me.
on February 16, 2013
The quality is superb. The pieces hold together like they should. My granddaughter loved it.
Would definitely recommend to purchase.
on February 27, 2011
I love toys that are fun and educational. I wish the magnets were a little stronger to hold the pieces together but I love the concept and the quality is excellent.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.