Wemo Mini Smart Plug, Wi-Fi Enabled, Works with Alexa and Google Assistant
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Works with Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately).
- Control from anywhere. Plug in a Wemo Mini Smart Plug, download the free app, and control your lights and appliances from your phone and your voice through Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Only needs Wi-Fi. No hub or subscription required.
- Compact size. Wemo Mini features a sleek new form-factor that allows you to stack two Mini Smart Plugs in the same outlet.
- Schedule automatically. Never come home to a dark house. Schedule the fan to turn on before you arrive. Sync lamps and devices to sunrise, sunset, or pre-set times automatically.
- Randomize Lights. The Mini Smart Plug protects your home better than a mechanical timer. “Away Mode” will turn your lights on and off randomly to make it look like you’re home even when you’re not.
- Voice control with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Pair with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant built-in devices like Google Home and control your lights and appliances with your voice.
- Works with Nest. Nest can sync with Wemo for automatic home/away control. Works with IFTTT, connecting you to a whole world of Web apps
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Add Alexa for voice control
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
At a Glance:
- Remote control devices
- Set schedules/timers
- Away Mode
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Works with Google Assistant
- Works with Nest and IFTTT
The Wemo Mini Wi-Fi Smart Plug uses your existing home Wi-Fi network to provide wireless control of your lights and appliances. No subscription or hub is required: simply plug Wemo Mini into an electrical outlet, connect a device to the Smart Plug, and wirelessly control your device using a tablet or phone. Using the free Wemo app, you can turn your devices on and off and set worry-free schedules from anywhere in the world.
What's in the Box:
- Wemo Mini Smart Plug
- Quick Start Guide
Sleek, Compact Design
Featuring a compact form factor, Wemo Mini fits into any electrical outlet without blocking other sockets. This allows you to stack an additional Wemo Mini or plug in another device in the same outlet.
Set Schedules and Timers
With Wemo Mini, you can set worry-free schedules for you lights and appliances. Using the free Wemo app, you can schedule a lamp to turn on at sunset, or keep your house comfortable by scheduling a fan to turn on at noon.
Protect Your Home with Away Mode
When you use 'Away Mode,' Wemo Mini will turn plugged-in lights on and off randomly to create the illusion that you’re home even when you’re not.
Hands-Free Voice Control
When paired with an Amazon Alexa or a Google Assistant device, Wemo Mini gives you hands-free voice control over your home. Turn your lights, appliances, or an entire room on or off using just your voice.
Compatible with Nest
Wemo Mini pairs with Nest to offer a range of automatic control options. Nest detects when you're home or away and syncs with Wemo Mini. Use Nest compatibility to turn a fan off when the house is empty, or have your lights switch on when you come back home.
Add More Features with IFTTT
'If This, Then That' is a free web-based service that lets you do amazing things with your Wemo. Turn lamps, coffee makers, fans and other electronics on when you get near home or off when you leave. With IFTTT, Wemo Mini can even flash the lights when your favorite team scores a goal.
|Mini||Insight Switch||Light Switch||Dimmer|
|Control from Anywhere||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Works with Voice||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Control In-Wall Lights/Fans||On/Off||Dimmable|
|No Hub Required||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Featuring a sleek new form-factor that allows you to stack two Mini Smart Plugs in the same outlet, the WeMo Mini gives you control of your lights and small appliances whenever you want, wherever you choose, with tons of options for scheduling and automation. Paired with Amazon Alexa, you can control your lamps and appliances with just the power of your voice. When WeMo works with Nest Thermostat, you can set your lights to turn off automatically when you leave the house.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Setting this up properly does require some networking knowledge and how to properly implement security. The switches both work on hidden and broadcasted SSID Wifi networks. Half of my switches work on the hidden SSID and the other half are connected to the broadcasted SSID. They do support security password keys, but if you want an extra layer of protection, turn on your router/basestation's MAC address control to enable only recognized and authorized devices access to your wireless network.
I have assigned static IP address to these switches by way of their MAC addresses, to avoid IP conflict when power cycling happens to my router. This is the general rule for all of my stay-at-home devices.
My eleventh switch will be arriving tomorrow. The first switch I bought in 2013 is still working to this day. All switches are still working reliably.
Works perfectly with NEST thermostat, Amazon Echo and IFTTT.
Update Dec 2017
1. The WEMO App first lets you name each switch and then allows you to set up "Rules" for unattended on/off times to a switch or a group of switches. So that a switch or a group of switches will turn on/off at a scheduled time.
2. The Amazon Alexa App allows you to first create intelligent named "Groups" of switches, such as "Exterior Lights", "Interior Lights", "Living Room Lights", so you can use voice control to address them in a meaningful way. "Alexa, turn off Living Room Lights" or "Alexa, turn off All Lights."
3. IFTTT will integrate all the functionality of your smart devices with WEMO and ALEXA (NEST and others too). i.e. The GPS in a smart phone can be used to create an invisible fence that can turn WEMO switches on/off as you pass in/out of its perimeter. My living room lights and exterior lights come on when I'm about half a mile from home. NEST can also sense I'm coming home and start cooling/heating the house. The are thousands of "recipes" ready to use.
With these three Apps together, there are thousands of possibilities to automate your home if you are willing to experiment. These are just some of the ways I use mine.
Update March 2018
1. Recently purchased the Wemo Mini Smart Plug to make the uplights in the kitchen cabinets smart. Set up was easy but I first had to add the switch's MAC address to my basestation before connecting to one of my home's SSIDs.
2. That makes twelve switches and all are active and functioning as you can see.
3. The Wemo App is very laggy, but luckily with voice activation, I rarely launch the app except to take screenshots. I use Alexa's voice recognition instead. The Mac version of the app needs to support higher resolution displays like the Android one does.
So long story short, if you have other WeMo devices in your household, and have trouble getting this WeMo mini to connect, try unplugging as many of the other devices as you can (they will automatically reconnect online after you plug them back in), factory reset the mini, and go through the setup process again. It should hopefully work.
I also attached the image to this review.
It actually answered most of my questions... I had no idea there were wifi reset and power restart buttons on the switch so that info really helped. to factory reset your switch, hold down the two buttons for 5 seconds, then you can add the switch again... that should solve most issues (I hope). did a firmware update as well so hopefully smooth sailing from here on out.
Belkin gets low marks for not including important info and for having a fairly difficult site to navigate for basic answers.
Most recent customer reviews
Couldn't connect to Google Wifi (dual-band 2.4G & 5G). Spent several hours on the phone with Belkin and Google, no resolution short of...Read more