Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

• Customer Reviews

on January 1, 2014
No, this protection did not meet my expectations in tha tI'd be lucky to get coverage ONE time. Once I use it, whatever the cost, that amount is then deducted from the $100 of coverage. So, if I needed a second repair and the first one was say $95, I'd only have $5 left to use. If it was over $100, I'd have to pay out of pocket, which is what I'd bet would happen. I've never seen this kind of coverage before. The only plus is that it was cheap. As usual, anything cheap is usually cheap. Buyers beware as they don't tell you this until AFTER you've purchased it!
25 people found this helpful
on December 10, 2016
Smart Guard is a total scam. First you have to "register" the plan which requires a 13 digit Smart Guard Pin and a 17 digit Amazon Order ID. After you go through this and "register" the plan it takes them "3-5 days" to post your plan (that you have already paid for) to their absolutely pathetic website. Finally, after dealing with all that, if you need to file a claim, you better make sure that the manufacturer's warranty is expired because they love telling you that your item is still under manufacturer's warranty and providing you with a number to that manufacturer that may or may not work. This has happened to me twice.

So let me make this totally clear, if you PAY for a two year warranty plan - your first year runs concurrently with the manufacturer's warranty. If something goes wrong within that time, they are more than happy to refer you to the manufacturer to handle your need - while they have your money for the warranty that you purchased.

Hey SMART GUARD, let me help you out. If your going to say you offer a two year warranty which is actually a 1 year POST manufacturer's warranty, at least offer to coordinate the manufacturer for suckers like me who actually believed that your product was worth something and are now stuck with two of their essentially worthless plans.

I have over 15 warranties with SquareTrade and they are AWESOME! The only reason I chose to go with this plan was the convenience of getting it at the same time as my Amazon.com purchase. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. Fool me once, shame on you Smart Guard. Fool me twice, shame on me for wasting my money and time!

To all my fellow consumers - you have been fairly warned!
3 people found this helpful
on January 30, 2014
I was disappointed by the customer service offered by this company.
When I tried to register the Protection Plan, I had troubles with their web page, and could not complete the forms.
When I called Customer Service, they could not find a solution to this either.
"This has never happened before" and "This is the first time it's ever done that" was their response to the troubles
I had with their web page.
Instead of finding a way to make this work, so I could have the Protection Plan, their solution was to refund the cost
of the product/plan.
6 people found this helpful
on August 6, 2017
THIS IS A WASTE OF MONEY, THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER ANY DAMAGES TO MY LG BLUETOOTH HEADSET I PURCHASED IN AUGUST 2016 WITH AMAZON. YOU NEED ACCIDENTAL WARRANTY WHICH WAS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE. NOT TO MENTION THERE IS A LG MANUFACTURERS 1 YEAR WARRANTY, WHICH ALSO DOES NOT COVER FOR ANY DAMAGES TOO.
on October 25, 2016
on check out i was promoted to add a 2year protection plan for 7.99 for my Bose SoundTrue Headphones
i broke the cord in a year i tried to contact smart guard they refused to replace the headphones
or refund my 7.99.
2 people found this helpful
on December 30, 2016
The headphones I bought were not working writhing first two months.... no idea how to fix the problem!!! So why buy it!
One person found this helpful
on March 3, 2018
I never get money back on smart Guard.. Electronics plan I hate it
on June 16, 2017
Impossible to get your appliance fixed if anything happens
on January 22, 2014
Make sure you read everything they DO NOT Cover Headphones No Gaming Console only Tablets and if they cover that. This is a FOX covered in Sheep Skin! Not what it seems VERY Misleading and Very Bad Customer Service. Fully Read Terms and Conditions this Coverage is not Accidental Coverage though bullet points state....

Buyer Be Warned!!!!!
20 people found this helpful
on August 6, 2017
Worthless protection plan and I feel misled b/c Amazon recommended it as an add-on for a pair of Sol Republic headphones that I purchased. However, headphones are not covered and I got nothing from either Amazon or Smart Guard about how to contact them, use the protection plan or anything. Boo!