Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 84 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 98 reviews
on October 21, 2014
Careful. When I tried to use my policy to repair Beats Headphones they told me I could not despite the fact that it was a mechanical failure at the folding point. Warrantech went on to say that they would only cover the earpiece. So this purchase was absolutely useless. I have notified Amazon about the misleading description of the product.
44 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2014
Very misleading,does not cover all parts.This does not cover accidental damage which is the main reason I bought this crap. I bought the jvc ha sz2000 and the tip broke. This so called warranty said they don't cover accidental damage when I emailed them.but In the description it says 100% part coverage. Complete bulls***.$300 headphones gone to waste
77 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 28, 2015
my headset broke last year and when i called them- they just referred me to Beats manufacturer. So this is really a useless i surance. after a year, same product break again and now they are saying that they dont replace physicL damage. Bulls***! USELESS. dont be fooled by this insurance .
on October 4, 2016
Do not buy this. While it states it covers wear from normal use. Their definition of normal use does not include the breakage from normal use. I bought this with some earphones (Etymotic ER-4P) and 1 month after my manufacturer warranty ran out the right earbud broke. Now, as it broke leaving half of the earbud deep inside my ear canal when removing the earbuds i figured i was set...i bought the extended warranty that covers wear from normal use. I assume other people "Normally" remove their earbuds.

So i contacted Smart Guard. They proceed to tell me that it does not cover accidental damage. But this wasnt accidental damage, I MEANT TO REMOVE IT FROM MY EAR! It didnt get washed in a washing machine, or fed to a beloved family pet, it broke off in my ear when i tried to remove it.

So, while i usually refrain from giving reviews in the extreme 5 stars or 1 stars, this one is DEFINITELY 1 star, as it DID NOT fulfill its intended purchase in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. This was an absolute waste of money, do not buy whatsoever.
on December 2, 2016
They took my device and did not send me back a device.

I had an issue with my headphones, and they asked me to send them the original one.
I send my original ones. And ever since, I have been requesting them to send me back my original ones, or a new pair.
They respond very slow, and it has been more than 60 days.
I have lost hope that I shall get back my ear phones.

Do not buy this warranty, its a trap!
on February 4, 2017
I purchased safe guard for my Beats headphone. After year and a half, I started to have problem with battery duration and ear cups falling off. After submitting proper claim and sending images at their request, my claim was denied. Up to now I don't have any idea why it was rejected. No communication from safe guard what so ever. I though point of having extended warranty was to have protection for the life of the purchased plan. Highly un recommended.
on December 19, 2016
This is a scam, do not purchase. After my headphones broke I tried to get them replaced through this warranty and it was a disaster. Would NEVER purchase again.
on February 13, 2017
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! Beats headphones broken at hinge point and not covered!! WHAT A RIP OFF!! Can not believe AMAZON would offer this!
on January 25, 2017
I was 4 days outside the warranty and Smart Guard would not consider covering my purchase. I called the company and there was resistance to speak to a supervisor. Will not buy protection from this company again.
on June 6, 2017
These protection plans, specifically for Beats cover nothing for accidental damage. My son's Beats headband broke and they denied the claim stating it does not cover accidental damage. What's the point. I tried to get my money back but they never returned my requests. Also, their website is crap when you register the product. No 24x7, and it took two business days for my product to show up as a "plan" under my account. Save your money, it's a racket.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse