- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces
- ASIN: B0056IYE6W
- UPC: 013964284188
- Item model number: A-1
- Average Customer Review: 3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (50 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #303,673 in Health & Personal Care (See Top 100 in Health & Personal Care)
SmartGuard night guard
- STOP: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS PAGE...WE ARE VERY PROUD TO INTRODUCE THE NEW IMPROVED ELITE. PURCHASE THE NEW IMPROVED SMARTGUARD ELITE FROM ANOTHER PAGE. THE NEW ELITE IS MORE COMFORTABLE THAN THE ORIGINAL NIGHT GUARD ON THIS PAGE. THE NEW ELITE WILL FIT THE SMALL MOUTH AND FUNCTIONS BETTER THAN THIS SMARTGUARD ORIGINAL DESIGN.
- FOR THE MOST RECENT AND BEST SMARTGUARD DESIGN SO FAR, GO TO THE AMAZON SEARCH BAR AND TYPE IN THE KEYWORDS..."night guard", then go to the 1st, 2nd or 3rd page to find the "New Improved SmartGuard Elite" TO PURCHASE THE LATEST IMPROVED DESIGN SMARTGUARD. IT JUST BECAME AVAILABLE APRIL 6TH 2014.
- SEARCH..."Night guard" in the amazon search bar to purchase the SMARTGUARD ELITE NEW IMPROVED" night guard. IT IS MUCH MORE COMFORTABLE COMPARED TO THE OTHER CURRENT SMARTGUARDS. WE BELIEVE IT TO BE THE MOST EFFECTIVE, MOST COMFORTABLE OTC NIGHT GUARD AVAILABLE.
- We've combined the strengths of the previous SmartGuard Elite and Original night guards to create the best SmartGuard ever.
The SmartGuard solves a lot of problems that accompany available OTC night guards today. Gagging is non-existant, it stays in place nicely, a more important feature to recognize is that it doesn't cause many problems and symptoms that other guards can cause. The SmartGuard Night Guard is an excellent replacement for custom made TMJ Splints made at the dental office. It doesn't allow your back teeth to touch, so it also protects your teeth from the affects of grinding. So, if you're a grinder, a headache sufferer, Ringing in the ears, or a TMJ sufferer, the SmartGuard can reduce all of those symptoms. The surprising symptom that this guard reduces, is the tension headache. It seems that the most common symptom relieved as much as jaw pain, is the tension headache.
Would you like to give feedback on images?
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
The Product: after my first night using this, i woke up with NO jaw pain or soreness, which i had almost every morning. I have been using this about 15 nights now and I honestly have eliminated every symptom but the tmj clicking when opening my mouth. I can now chew food without muscle fatigue, because if you have these conditions bad, chewing a lot begins to fatigue the jaw. Upon opening the guard from the box, it looked so small i thought i had been ripped off. I couldn't imagine it would help me this much. The only bad i can say is it fell out of my mouth one night.
A tip i can give, when you are fitting the product make sure the cold water touches the side that will touch your palate. Another side note, at the same time i also purchased a mouth guard for lifting heavy weights because i tend to clench when exerting a maximal effort and that may have helped me too.
This is a pricey mouth guard, but well worth the money. I wouldn't try to get by on the cheapest bite guard available.
The one thing that floors me in reading the other reviews is when they state "it is not cheap." Well, compared to the drug store mouth guards for $10 I guess not. However, those guards protect your teeth, but make the grinding worse. Since they are made of a squishy plastic it causes what my dentist called, rebound biting. Meaning that you are constantly biting and chewing throughout the night. He went on to tell me that is why I needed the $600 one he could do made of a harder plastic.
I was in misery. I had a sore neck, headaches, my jaw and teeth hurt. However, we were broke. $100 would have been a stretch $600 was a joke. Lucky for me a friend told me about smart guard. I purchased my first about 18 month ago. It is one of the very best things I have done. Honestly within days, I felt relief. So for me... it was the steal of the century. The $10 guards helped my teeth but made my pain worse, the $600 one was out of reach financially for us.
Somehow I lost mine and am now purchasing my second. I am so thankful this is an option! It was nothing short of a miracle for me.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This has saved my jaw from TMJ and my wallet from expensive new teeth. I highly recommend it.Published 7 months ago by RT
An absolutely great product. It has helped me out of great pain. I misplaced it for 24 hours and the pain came back. Read morePublished 20 months ago by William D Boyer
Absolutely the best for TMJ!!! I'm more than happy with this product!! It will be the only one I ever use!!Published on October 3, 2014 by Wendy Dunn
Amazing, less TMJ pain, fits snug enough to stay put through the night. Great purchasePublished on August 8, 2014 by lynne t dahl
worked well but kept losing it. easy to fit using the directions and no complaints at all about this productPublished on July 9, 2014 by Sheila M. Chunis
I always have used a mouthguard that fits over all of the top teeth, but then you can still move your jaw up and down and grind on the plastic. Read morePublished on June 10, 2014 by ds1196
I gave this product 5 stars-worth the money-it fits better than the one my dentist made-I am a customer for life-excellent service..marjoriePublished on May 10, 2014 by M. L. Thornton