Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 8, 2012
Helpful Hints

I've been using Smart Mouth for over five years. I've discovered a few things along the way:

1.) You don't really need a full dose for the product to work. I only use two pumps from each bottle. It's half as much, but it works as good as the amount the box says to use. Using half also makes the product last twice as long.

2.) For best results, make sure that you allow the rinse to cover the back of your tongue without swallowing the product while you are swishing. By coating the back of your tongue, you are making sure the product can work to eliminate odors from all the food and drink you ingest. You only need to let the rinse coat the back of your mouth a few times to do it's job.

3.) This is important! Do NOT use for more than the 30 seconds as stated in the directions. I've read some comments from others about not being able to taste anything after using Smart Mouth. I had experienced this too, early on, until I realized that I was swishing much longer than 30 seconds. It's easy to go over the time because you may not be watching the clock or maybe you go off and do something else while swishing. But you need to pay attention to the time. Once I made sure I spat out the rinse when the 30 seconds was up, I no longer had problems with taste.

This is a great product and it works just as described. Used properly, this rinse can save you from embarrassing bad breath all day - even after drinking coffee, eating garlic and onions and it really does stop morning breath. I LOVE Smart Mouth and have recommended it to others more times than I can count.
11 comment| 211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 31, 2017
My sister has really bad breath so my mother heard that this works wonders but it was pretty expensive at Walmart. So I found it here on Amazon for cheaper. It has been working so far. The hard part is getting my sister to do it routinely.
on June 13, 2015
This is the only mouthwash that works without fail for a full 12 hours. You won't even remember what morning breath is once you've started using this. I have used it religiously for years.
Works as advertised. I've always had a problem with my breath, and this literally cured my bad breath. I wouldn't use anything else.
on May 8, 2016
I have been using this product for 3 years and it works as directed. They have a life long customer. Several of my family and friends have switched to this mouthwash. The price is a little steep for mouthwash so I use 1 or 2 squirts to elongate the use.
on June 28, 2016
SmartMouth does really last for 12 hours. I was skeptical at first but I've been using this product for several years and it's the best mouthwash I've found that actually lasts all day. It is a little different because you have two different bottles of mouthwash you have to mix before you gargle. But not a big deal.

I only use three pumps instead of four to make the mouthwash last a little longer.
on June 9, 2017
It's an okay mouthwash. I don't typically have problems with bad breath so maybe for someone who does it would make all the difference.
For me, there are cheaper products on the market that I like better.
Also, if you swish for longer than the packaging says it does numb your tastebuds for awhile and everything taste weird. Follow the directions and it's not so bad.
on August 3, 2017
Great stuff- really works, unlike all of the "mouthwashes" out there. If you try this once you will never use anything else.
on September 8, 2017
This product works....repeat, bad breath is gone...get it if you are concerned about your breath especially like a teacher working in close contact, etc. Very, very easy to use and highly comforting in those close situations. The kit lasts a long time.
on September 20, 2014
UPDATE: the price of this has more than doubled since the last time I purchased it. Very annoying.

This has made a noticeable difference in my bad breath, and that is the first time I can say this. No amount of flossing, brushing, or breath mints had done anything. What a relief!