Smartdoo 230 Recumbent Exercise Bike
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact stationary recumbent exercise bike with 6 preset programs and 16 resistance levels
- Easy-to-read LCD monitor displays time, distance, speed, calories burned, and more
- Comfortable recumbent seat with dual-position lumbar support and fore/aft seat slider
- Recumbent handlebars with integrated heart-rate grips; wide Bio-Fit pedals
- Water bottle holder; 10-year frame warranty; 1-year warranty on mechanical and electrical
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Only Schwinn® can leverage more than 100 years of cycling expertise into better-engineered fitness products, and the Schwinn® 230 Recumbent Bike, with its walk-through design and scores of innovative features, is no exception.
Save money on monthly gym fees and get yourself in shape with the compact, comfortable Schwinn 230 recumbent exercise bike. The 230 boasts many of the high-quality features of the Schwinn 213, but adds several extras, including a nicer, easier-to-read instrument panel with a three-position angle adjustment, a slightly lower pedal height that produces a more comfortable riding position, and an easy step-through frame. And that doesn't even account for all the essentials, which range from 16 resistance levels to handlebars with an integrated heart rate monitor built into the grip.
The handiest feature, however, is unquestionably the anatomically designed recumbent seat, which not only offers a dual-position lumbar support for added comfort, but also a micro-adjustable fore/aft seat slider that accommodate a variety of body types and sizes. Other details include six preset programs (calorie goal, BMI measurement, recovery test, results mode,
Track your time, interval time, RPM, watts, distance, pulse, speed, calories, and resistance on the 230's LCD console.
- 16 resistance levels
- 6 preset programs and 10 profile courses
- Programs include calorie goal, BMI measurement, recovery test, results mode, quick start, and manual mode
- Adjustable-angle LCD viewing console
- Workout stats include time, interval time, RPM, watts, distance, pulse, speed, calories, and resistance
- Wide recumbent Bio-Fit seat with dual-position lumbar support and slide bolsters
- Wide comfort Schwinn Bio-Fit pedals
- Quality recumbent handlebars with integrated heart-rate grips
- Walk-through design
- Reading rack and water bottle holder
- Transport wheels for easy movement
Frame - 10 years, mechanical and electrical - 1 year, wear items - 6 months, labor - 90 days
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Schwinn 230 Recumbent arrived at my house about ten days after ordering
2. Unpack and assembly took 90 minutes - do follow the instructions carefully - they are well written, but there are a couple of steps where reference is made to "screw" vs. "bolt" and that threw me off. The parts package is clearly labeled with sizes and assembly part #
3. I have now worked out on the Schwinn 230 Recumbent three times using different programs at Level 12 for 30 mins and my initial experience is: quiet, nice display, clear controls on the display and got my HR to 135 range which is where I want it.
4. The build quality is just fine and the main area I see for possible failure is the touch-press control panel - if sub-par plastic membrane material is used it can lead to possible issues.
I recommend the Schwinn 230 Recumbent as a strong buy, with the caveat that you must follow the assembly steps patiently and diligently.
Although it's a great Bike it has started to deteriorate for me after a year, the seat is beginning to droop on the sides and some of the seats binding has come off. Keep in mind though I started using this when I weighed over 300 lbs and I used this machine for an hour every single day, and I mean every day, not 5 days a week, or 2 days off a month. I wore this thing out non stop for 365 days and the most annoying thing that happened was squeaking when the wheels turned. I can still exercise on the machine even now, the only reason I don't is because I maxed out the resistance on the bike to the point where I no longer get an adequate workout. That's the only problem with this Bike, it's low intensity and it doesn't have more settings to increase it's workout. For most people who are getting back into workouts or just want to do some casual exercise at home this is perfect. This is a strong and solid bike, if it doesn't work for you it's because your not using it.
This is my first experience with a recumbent following PT for my knees and I couldn't be happier with every aspect of the bike. It is easy on the back, has lots of features that make it a real "10": step-through allows us seniors or anyone folks to access the seat and rise off the machine without tripping on a clumsy crossbar; Totally silent flywheel which allows conversation or watching TV without even turning up the volume (which was not the case with my older upright exercise Schwinn bike); assembly was a breeze because of the great fit and finish of all hardware (OK, so being 62 and female, I am allowed some wrong moves in following the directions, but it wasn't Schwinn's fault that it took me about 3.0 hrs to assemble); and the best feature is that it looks good too! Recommend it highly - easily adjustable for my height of 5'2". Features I would like to see added on next model: lighted monitor panel; memory for recall of previous sessions.
The bike took about a week to ship which was what I had expected. I will say that I was a little displeased with the packaging. The plastic bindings that were wrapped around the box were so tight that they cut into the package a little bit. There was no damage to the bike, thanks to the styrofoam packaging.
The bike itself is fantastic. It was so easy to set up that anyone could do it. All of the pieces that were needed to complete the assembly were included and it took me about 2 hours in all. You have to be very careful not to drop any of the wires that connect the display to the UPS into the frame of the bike. I almost dropped one into the frame and imagine that my 2 hour assembly would have increased drastically had that happened. Also the steps around putting on the display to the handlebar were kind of challenging in pulling the cord through the front bar but I managed to get through it.
One of the reasons that I purchased this bike was that the reviews seemed to indicate that the bike is quiet. That is a huge understatement: the bike is absolutely silent, and I love it. Only the digital display is loud when it beeps but no big deal. I weigh about 195 lbs (on my way to 180!) and am about 5'11", and I am very comfortable on the bike. The water bottle holder under the seat is really convenient and easy to reach if I need a drink. There are a number of different programs included in the setup so you can get a variety of workouts if you like. I was a bit worried that the bike wouldn't fit well in our basement as we don't have a lot of space, but it turns out that it fits perfectly in our den next to the sofa. I've already used it about 10 times and get a workout that is easily comparable with anything that I did at the gym.
I am really happy with our purchase and would definitely recommend this bike if you're not looking at spending a fortune but want a machine that is fairly compact, silent, easy to assemble, and offers a great workout.