Smartek Steam Iron, Red
|Price:||$17.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Wrinkles don't stand a chance with this tough iron
- Includes iron and 8-feet cord
- Transparent water tank with built in water cover , variable steam control
- Self cleaning
- Heat indicator light
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Wrinkles don't stand a chance with this full-sized iron stuffed with features. Tough enough for any ironing job in a sleek and elegant casing that's comfortable enough for every user. 1200-watt variable steam control; steam or dry ironing with adjustable heat setting; burst of steam and water spray mist; self cleaning; nonstick soleplate; heat indicator light; transparent water tank with built in water cover; and is ETL listed (E137398) with an 8-feet swivel cord. Iron measures 4-3/4 by 9-3/4 by 4-inch. Imported.
Compare to similar items
This item Smartek Steam Iron, Red
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||SHARPER PRODUCTS||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||4.5 x 10.6 x 5.5 in||4.8 x 12 x 5.5 in||3 x 5.2 x 3.1 in||7.9 x 3.6 x 4 in||11.6 x 5.6 x 6.3 in||4.2 x 10 x 5.5 in|
Top customer reviews
I have used it a lot in the past couple of months and have taken it to a quilting retreat where it got a lot of 'shared' use. It is not a really large iron, but not small either. I have had no problems at all with this iron, I love it and would buy it again.
Edit: Well it is 12/20/11, and this iron no longer works. It simply fails to heat up now. I have switched outlets and it still doesn't work. I only took away one star, because I did use the heck out of it for ten months, and the price was good. Im not sure what the warranty is, but it wasnt worth the trouble for me so I ended up getting a little better one at my local hardware store.
* Within the first couple of days, the steam dial popped out from just a simple adjustment to it. While I could put it back in, it never really stayed in and I could never really adjust it after that.
* Water constantly leaked out of both the bottom and top of the base plate while I was ironing from the first day I started using it till it eventually broke.
* When the iron was unplugged and standing upright on its side or stored with its base plate facing down (I had a hook to hang it on, but sometimes left it standing up on the ironing board), all the water that was left in the iron would leak out.
(I somewhat got around these last 2 problems by only putting a very small amount of water in the iron, then emptying it immediately after I was done. It was a pain, as there often wasn't enough steam to do a great ironing job or iron multiple things without having to refill it, and my clothes still got wet. But the water spots would be dried up by the time I got to work and I wouldn't come home to a wet ironing board or floor anymore.)
* It broke after 6 months of casual use. I would iron only a pair of pants and shirt usually once a day 2-3 times a week, and then one day after about 6 months, the iron just wouldn't turn on anymore (and I tried all the outlets).
Good riddance though, since I was too cheap to buy another after I realized this one was terrible, I suffered along with it for 6 months. Now at least it forced me to buy a better iron. If you're looking for an inexpensive iron, don't buy this one as there's a good chance you'll get a lemon. As I write this there are 35 reviews (including mine):
3 people said the steam knob popped off (2 reviews, 1 comment)
5 people said the iron broke after a few months or never worked in the first place (4 reviews, 1 comment)
4 people said it leaked (4 reviews)
2 reviewers (Michael and Toby Klein) who gave it 5 stars have rated multiple Smart Tek products, including several irons, giving all 5 star reviews. I'm sure these guys bought 10 irons from the same company and gave them all 5 stars (big eye roll here). These look fishy.
Also several reviewers who gave this a good rating said they've only used it for a short time (like a week or less). I wonder if this iron is still holding up for them after 6 months.
almost abandoned my heavy, expensive one. The steam works fine and I am totally satisfied with this product. (I'm 87 years old.)
This is a rip off! It hasn't even been six months and this iron has died. It was working fine and then i tried to plug it in one day and it did not heat up. I turned it up to the highest setting and nothing happened. I tried to plug in multiple outlets but nothing worked. I guess I got what I paid for.