Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Smarter SMCOF01-US 12 Cup Wifi Coffee Maker, Black..." and save 17% off the $249.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Smarter SMCOF01-US 12 Cup Wifi Coffee Maker, Black/Silver
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Control: Brew your Smarter Coffee remotely from anywhere using the Smarter app available for any iOS or Android device.
- Wake up mode: Set alarms via app to wake you up to a freshly brewed coffee.
- Home mode: Smarter Coffee will have a brew ready when you walk through the front door.
- Personalise: Choose between bean-to-cup or filtered coffee, selecting desired strength, pre-heating time and between 4-12 number of cups.
- Integration: Connect to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant-enabled devices or other smart home devices using our IFTTT services.
- Warming plate: Pre-heat and keep your brewed coffee warm for up to 40 minutes to ensure your coffee stays hot.
- Water sensors: Know how many cups you can make by looking at the water level in the Smarter app.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Connect your Smarter Coffee to your favorite smart devices like Amazon Echo and Google Home. Or create Applets using our IFTTT services to link to many other smart products in your home.
More than just a clever coffee
Smarter Coffee was created to save you time waiting around in the kitchen for your coffee to be ready. Instead, it waits on you allowing you to wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee or have one prepared when you arrive home, keeping it warm ready when you are.
Get your tea and coffee delivered
Never run out of tea or coffee again with our in-app replenishment feature. Choose from your favorite brands directly via the Smarter App.
Control from anywhere!
Get seamless ability to control all of your Smarter Coffee's features whether you're in, or out, of your home via the Smarter App.
Quality and design
The Smarter Coffee is incredibly clever in delivering an enriched brew of coffee at the touch of a button or spoken command. Smarter Coffee’s modern design and interchangeable panels ensure that it will suit your own home décor.
Pair your device to Smarter Coffee quick and simply follow the in-app Smarter instructions and use BlinkUp technology, to keep your device safe.
An essential for all coffee-lovers, the Smarter Coffee - 2nd Generation is created to be simple and convenient appliance by giving you the control of an enriched bean-to-cup brew every time.
Connect using WiFI and control the Smarter Coffee remotely via the Smarter app available for download on any iOS and Android devices. The latest Smarter Coffee can now connect to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant-enable devices.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The Smarter 2nd generation coffee maker is pretty easy to connect to your wifi network, it uses an ingenious blinking thing similar to Amazon's buttons, only visual. And once it's connected it's pretty reliablly connected. I've only had a few hiccups over the last 3 months and that was due to me messing with my router. The machine promptly reconnected to the wifi and resumed service. So that part is good.
The rest? Well. It's not as hands off as you'd like to think.
My normal morning coffee routine is the lowest amount of coffee the machine can make. 4 cups.
The water reservoir will hold about 1.8x that amount of water. Meaning you have to refill it every night. ok no biggie.
The filter has to be cleaned every day, that's to be expected.
but then you have to ask yourself. If i have to clean a filter after every use, and then I have to fill a water tank after every use....is having coffee on demand from anywhere really possible?
The answer is no, unless you plan ahead.
So at the end of the day you have a machine that is just a glorified timer. A timer with an app, a timer that lets you choose how "strong" you want your coffee (more on that later), and a timer lets me "choose how much coffee i want to brew" (c'mon)
The machine has this hopper on top of it, that grinds the beans fresh every time you want coffee.
The hopper refuses to pull coffee into it, constantly. I have to shake it once a day to make sure the tunnel in it is filled for the following morning.
I love coffee. LOVE. And a bag of freshly roasted beans are kinda pricey, and my previous pour over experience had me with a bag lasting for about 2 weeks. The SMARTER Wifi Gen 2 coffee maker will use so many beans, and grind them so coarsely (the coarseness knob shouldn't even exist, it makes no difference and on the smallest setting it's still insanely coarse, i haven't tried the larger setting yet because i'm afraid it's just gonna funnel whole beans into my filter) that you'll go through a bag in 3 or 4 days. It would have been cheaper for me to go to a luxury artisinal coffee maker every day than it would be to use this coffee machine every morning.
I'd say skip this machine. All of the fancy technology is just making more problems for you. The thing sits on my counter gathering dust at this point. I might just go back to my old drip machine with a timer built in.
Here is my experience with the core features fo the product.
1. Grinding Beans - Less than two weeks after unboxing this product, the bean grinder stopped working. I would wake up to watery, undrinkable coffee only to find it was because only about a tablespoon of beans had been ground and deposited into the filter. I reached out to Smarter's support team and was told it was likely due to beans being "stuck" in the grinder and the solution was for me to empty out the water and remaining beans from the reservoir and try to use pipe cleaners to get the beans "un-stuck". I don't know about you, but I don't have a lot of pipe cleaners hanging around, and having to go out to buy pipe cleaners to fix a 2 week old product that cost $250 was annoying at best.
2. Brewing Good Coffee - Now, this one is clearly in the eye of the beholder, but in my opinion, there are not enough options for type and volume of grounds to result in a good cup of coffee. I tried adjusting all the grind settings, then moved on to adjusting the "weak, medium, strong" settings, all to no avail. The taste of the coffee is a 2 out of 10. My solution to this has been to continue grinding beans in my Breville grinder and putting them into the reusable filter the night before. This sort of defeats the purpose of a coffee machine that is supposed to effortlessly grind and brew great coffee, but I was willing to do it because I liked the auto start feature and ability to brew remotely from my phone. Untill both of those things stopped working (see #3 and #4)
3. Wake Up Mode - In the app, you can select a time when you would like your coffee to start brewing. This feature worked for a while, but after a month or two, it only worked intermittently. Sometimes I'd come downstairs to a freshly brewed pot of coffee, sometimes it would be empty. But the app would ALWAYS tell me the brewing had started. Even when it hadn't. This made it extra frustrating. I reached out to support, they walked me through the process to do a hard reset. It would start working for a while (a week or so) and then stop again. Annoying. I did this hard reset for a few weeks and then reached out to support again to see if there were alternate suggestions. I was told that it was a known issue and the solution was to delete and re-set up the alarm every 4 or 5 days. Ugh. Really? Ok, fine. So I deleted and reset up the alarm. And here's where it gets REALLY fun. After deleting and resetting the alarm the app crashed and when I re-opened it there were about 30 of the same alarms set. The next morning I woke up to 30 notifications that the coffee had started brewing. And guess what. I came downstairs to no coffee.
4. Start Brewing from the App - OK, so I gave up on the machine grinding the beans, then I gave up on the brew alarm working, but I figured I could still open the app and click a button to start brewing from bed. But that doesn't work now either - "Device is not responding. Please try again." Ugh, nope. I'm officially done with trying to make this work.
If you want to pay $250 to be an alpha tester for Smarter, you should buy this product. If you want good coffee that you can brew from an app, then look elsewhere.