- Product Dimensions: 12 x 9 x 2 inches ; 8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 8 ounces
- ASIN: B00KVUVICI
- Item model number: SW040-031-XL
- Average Customer Review: 45 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #241,356 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
Smartwool Men's PhD Outdoor Ultra Light Mini Socks (Loden) X-Large
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 53% Merino Wool, 42% Nylon, 5% Elastane
- Built for Performance in the Highest Degree, Uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place, Patented ReliaWool? technology in high impact areas provides superior durability, Minimal cushioning for maximum performance in close-fitting shoes
- Strategically placed mesh ventilation zones provide ventilation for temperature and moisture management
- Sock Height: Mini, 3.75" overall height
- Virtually seamless toe
- Style: SW0SW040
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Our PhD Outdoor Ultra Light Mini features ReliaWool technology for improved durability in the heel and toe and the 4 Degree elite fit system, to keep the sock in place and give you all-sport versatility.
PhD: Built for Performance in the Highest Degree
ReliaWool: Patented ReliaWool technology in high impact areas provides superior durability
4 Degree Elite Fit System: Uses two elastics for greater stretch and recovery to keep the sock in place
Ultra Light Cushion: Minimal cushioning for maximum performance in close-fitting shoes
Machine Wash Warm Gentle Cycle. Do Not Bleach. Tumble Dry Low. Do Not Iron. Do Not Dry Clean.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This is an update to my initial review. Unbelievably for such an expensive pair of socks, I already have holes in the socks. I only use these socks occasionally - perhaps a dozen times since purchased - and I am hugely disappointed especially after initially thinking I found great, thin socks that actually fit my big feet! Needless to say, I will not buy these socks again.
*UPDATE 3/30/17 - after approx 4 months of wear I am more than a little disappointed by the durability. Worn completely bare at heel and toe area. I have 6 pairs total that have been rotated over 4 month period and all show what I deem excessive wear for $15 socks. 1st review is still true but downgraded to 3 stars due to my expectations for longevity. I will not reorder this brand next time.
Comfort: These socks never feel sweaty, even on a hot day with my leather work shoes on. They're thin, but still provide adequate protection.
Durability: I believe these are more durable than other socks I've used in the past. I wear slip-on leather shoes, which I know are a bit harder on socks. And I walk quite a bit. The only times I've had failures in these were at the toe nails, sometimes if I get a damaged toe nail, it will cut through the toe of the sock pretty quickly.
*Beware: Not only will they ruin you for other socks, but Smartwool makes tons of other superlative product; hats, gloves, sweaters, tights, boxers, etc.