Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

76%
24%

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 25 reviews
on December 30, 2011
I cannot believe that I ever rode without socks made for snowboarding. These socks are incredible! They keep your feet warm but not too hot, they protect your shins from boot liners, they don't work their way into the toe of your boot, and if you're on a several-day trip, you can just rinse them in the sink a little bit, dry them off and they're good for the next day (and I'm normally a 2 pair per day, swamp-funk-foot guy, would never think of wearing a pair without a trip through the washing machine). I haven't tried any other brands, but I don't need to. If you don't have a good pair of riding socks (or several), you need a pair of these, quick.
on January 12, 2013
I bought these socks from Buckman's for my ski trip this year. I am a pretty aggressive skier. In the past, I've had some calves problem when the sock rolls down or bundles up for whatever reasons. So, I read the reviews and took a leap of faith with these socks. The weather was pretty favorable this year ranging between -4 and 4 C so I did not get a chance to test them in rough weather.

Odor-wise: the sock will remain fresh for about 2 days. Wash it in machine delicate and cold water. I recommend 2 pairs so you can alternate while you wash one.

Size: I am a 9-9.5 and bought the medium. It fit perfectly. The manufacturer recommends the large for this size but in my case it worked great going a little snugger.

In conclusion, this is the best pair of socks I've bought. They stayed in place and so there was no pain. I highly recommend these socks for people that are serious about skiing and spending a full day in the mountain.
on August 2, 2012
Used this during a tour in Afghanistan. The SmartWool blend never got smelly even during multi-day long dismounted patrols. They dry quickly. Magically during the hot days my feet didn't over heat, and yet during the cold days the staid nice and warm. The socks held up well to the abuse of combat and the abuse of the contract washing machines. One of the best features that I liked about these SmartWool Ski socks over the several other brand of merino wool socks I bought is that they comfortably gripped my feet and all the way up my calf to the top of the sock. Some of the other brands of socks I had, the elastic was only at the top and they would end up sliding down soon into a patorl, which was uncomfortable and annoying. These socks performed well past my expectations.
on January 3, 2013
I wear these skiing..they are very comfortable and warm. they fit nice and tight, keep my feet warm, dont scrunch up in my boots or anything. Not that this is a bad thing, but they were thicker than I was expecting. I have only worn them in freezing to sub freezing temperatures, they might be a bit much for warmer weather but they have been great for me between 0 and about 40 degrees F. I tend to have sweaty feet and my feet do not sweat and stay warm and dry with these.
on January 31, 2013
I'm a shoe size 8.5 US and 5'6" tall and these fit my feet perfectly. However, they are very long and fit over my knees. They are comfortable and warm, but a bit long for my tastes. Only a minor issue, though. Overall, good quality material and they keep my feet warm and dry. I couldn't ask for much more.
on December 15, 2012
They are pricey for 1 pair of socks, but worth it. They keep my feet dry and warm in below freezing temps while walking in sneakers. I wore them a couple of days in a row and they didn't smell. I will be buying more soon. If only I had known about these a few years ago! Highly recommended.
on January 4, 2013
Before I got these, I was just wearing thin wool socks. These have padding in all the right places and are more comfortable than my regular wool socks. Do yourself a favor and get a pair of dedicated ski socks. Designed with boots in mind.
on May 6, 2014
Great socks! Perfect for Husband that works all day outside on a ski resort! Keeps your feet warm and dry all day! Will purchase more for next season!
on February 12, 2014
Excellent quality!
Perfect fit!
Good Price!
Quick delivery!
I really like this pair of socks, after several washes they remain as new!
on December 16, 2012
These are nice and comfortable. Excellent for skiing or other activities requiring boots. Plenty warm. If you're not wearing boots, they tend to scrunch down a little during the day, but they are otherwise excellent.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.