Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Smartwool Women's Arabica Stripe Knee Sock
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on December 8, 2010
Nice Socks! I love the color and pattern, the fit on my size 11 foot is great. My calves are to big for them but I am a plus size woman, I have yet to find a wool sock to fit me to the knee. That said, I would recommend these to any one with average calves! Very Nice Socks! Very comfortable and warm.
on January 27, 2012
I am not new to Smartwool knee socks (I have 7 pair), and I love them. I ordered these thinking they would be of the same quality, but they were not. Moreover, although they are shown as "women's knee socks," there is no way I could have slipped my leg into the tiny things. Even the weight of the sock was way off...

I don't quite understand what has happened to the Smartwool brand, but I will hesitate to order them again until I know they will meet my expectations.
on May 2, 2011
Bought a medium for my 8.5-9 size feet, and the fit is great. They fit well on my calves, and don't roll down and bunch around my ankles.
on December 6, 2012
I bought a few pairs of these a year ago. They are markedly thinner than my older Smartwool socks, and itchy. All pairs had a visible weak spot at the top of the heel, and after wearing and washing a few times, the weak spot turned into a hole.

Smartwool's quality seems to have really dropped over the past few years. I also have some toddler socks from last year that are much thinner and itchier than the socks we had purchased 4 years ago for our first child.
on February 15, 2012
I like Smartwool socks. They are so warm and soft. However, I am surprised that they won't fit over my calves without some serious pulling and then they don't go to my knee. I am willing to spend more on these socks but then I expect them to fit properly.
VINE VOICEon October 30, 2011
I don't know why it has taken me so long to discover Smartwool...maybe because I've mostly lived in warmer climates like the south and southwest of the U. S., but I just love these socks. I have found that once my feet get cold, I stay cold, and this has become a problem for me while traveling. But these wonderful Smartwool socks keep my feet and legs warm and dry. Also, these long socks fit well enough to not only stay up, but act kind of like compression socks for long trips. I just love these and now have several pairs.
on April 23, 2013
This sock is fun and comfy and relatively warm. Good for dressier shoes too where thickness might be an issue. The problem? Holes come much faster than they should. I wouldn't say I've worn my that much...certainly not enough to warrant holes in the toes and heels. Yes, the heel has worn thin enough to wear through. Like I said, I've not worn them enough to warrant this! Get them if you want, but be prepared that it will be a short lived relationship.
on October 6, 2012
I have worn and washed these three times and today when I put them on there was a run in the heel. I have other pairs of Smartwool socks that have had no issues. These for some reason seem to be poorly made, not up to the Smartwool quality I've known and loved. Given the extremely high price for these socks I am very disappointed with the outcome.
on January 20, 2013
I loved these socks from the moment I opened the package. Unfortunately, that love lasted only about two hours into my work day.

I am not a small girl, but I don't tend to have problems with socks staying up or being comfortable through the day. I strictly purchase knee socks, and rarely try new brands (Sock It To Me is my favorite to date) once I find one that fits and stays up reliably. Smartwool earned a trial run, but these socks immediately went into the dreaded 'only if nothing else is clean' spot in the drawer. Why? I'll tell you!

1. These socks refuse to stay up for more than about an hour the first time, and fifteen minutes every pull-up afterward.
2. The socks themselves are fairly thin and not nearly as warm as they are purported to be.

Now being thin isn't a crime, but refusing to stay up? ARGH. I expect my knee high socks to stay at my knees without binding or cutting off circulation, at least through my work day.

They are pretty, though, so they get credit for that. The foot width is appropriate and comfortable. So they get a three despite the fact that I won't be purchasing them again.
on March 14, 2013
I bought these for my wife and she loves them. She wears them to work (outside), and doesn't complain about her feet being cold anymore. Also, they haven't worn out yet (a year +) which is a record for her...