Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 23, 2012
In the last 6 months, I have purchased no less than 5 or 6 different brands of wool socks. These are the hands-down winner. My feet are always cold, yet perspire, resulting in clammy feet. These socks keep my feet warm AND dry. I wear them when its cold and also when it's warm outside, both with great comfort.

I absolutely love them, and have already purchased more. Having only purchased cotton socks my entire adult life, I wasn't prepared for the comfort of wool on your feet. These socks are medium density on the calf and ankle section, and also padded sole and toe which is slightly more dense. They fit well in both my boots and every-day sneakers.

This brand does cost a bit more than the other brands of wool socks I purchased, however the size medium fit my 7 shoe size feet the the best. They wash and dry with no shrinkage, and I have had no issues with the socks stretching out, as I have had with inferior brands. If I had to look for a fault, it is that they are not angora-soft, but then this is wool, not rabbit fur. I have sensitive skin, and although I would not describe them as scratchy, they are certainly soft enough. I also appreciate that they seem to be able to stay up without cutting off my circulation.

I would certainly recommend these to anyone looking for quality, warm, breathable, easy care, padded socks.
2 people found this helpful
on April 15, 2012
it's kind of funny. for the longest time when i would ride in 50-60F temperatures, i thought my feet went numb because my cycling shoes were cutting off my circulation, and at somepoint i had what may seem to some an obvious epiphany: my feet were really cold. i bought some of the other wool-blend cycling-specific socks, but even doubling up on those didn't change the state of my tingly toes. i decided to try the smartwool socks after reading the reviews. they're an order of magnitude better! they're thin and lightweight enough for my cycling shoes, but way warmer, and they have just a little bit of cushioning on the bottom that i really like. my feet still get a bit cold in < 60F conditions, but at some point, you can't really blame the socks. i'm probably part vampire or cold-blooded creature or something... and i should point out they're plenty warm when there's not all that wind from cycling.
9 people found this helpful
on December 8, 2013
First I bought these for my niece, then myself when I saw how fab they were. Then I gave some to my sister and them my mother in law and now for THIS Christmas I'm back at it and buying them for the rest of my female relatives. I think Amazon does not carry them but they are avail at Sock Addict for a good price and free shipping. I never thought I could enthuse this much about wool socks but they are just that nice -- not too high, not too low, not too thick or thin -- and not in the least scratchy. Toasty warm and perfect in every way. Even love the name :).
on March 6, 2013
After I discovered the pleasure of wearing Smartwool socks, I bought these as a Christmas gift for my mother who walks to work daily at a professional job. She is prone to blisters, and I wanted her feet to be warm and comfortable on the way to the office. Since these are black, she can wear them under slacks or slip them over tights/hose and still look reasonably professional until she gets to the office and changes into dress shoes. I bought her multiple pairs so that she doesn't have to waste time sorting socks on laundry day. She loves them and has been more comfortable since she started wearing them. Eventually, I'd love to get her some additional colors as I can afford to, but black was a good basic to start with. As far as I know, she is happy with them (although she might not tell me otherwise, since she is, after all, my mother).
on December 24, 2011
I don't know what it is that Smartwool does..hire Rumplestiltskin to weave magical threads into their socks or something (!) because Smartwool socks are wonder-ful!

I loved the women's lightweight hiking/athletic sock so very much, but also wanted something to wear to work so I ordered a pair of the Best Friend Crew Socks.

O-M-G - they are perfectly named! These are truly my feets' best friend. I love them!

If I could, I'd order at least a dozen more pair; and then another dozen to give as gifts because trust me, the recipients will thank you every time they put them on.

I actually slept in them a couple of (cold) nights - one, because I didn't want to take them off, and two because they just feel so comfy that sleeping in them would be divine.
And they are.

All my socks will be Smartwool socks from now on.

3/2012: Just wanted to add this note: Do yourself a favor and buy more than one pair because you'll kick yourself that you didn't. I know I wish I had. I can't part with them long enough to throw in the wash and won't wear anything else! Also, I bought a pair for my daughter and my sister and they love them, too!
2 people found this helpful
on October 2, 2015
These were really nice socks while they lasted. I don't wear heavy socks during the winter season much so the fact that I bought 2 pairs and both wore threadbare at the heel in one season was disappointing. Before the thinning of the heels I really liked the fit. For the price I expected them to last more than one season.
on January 7, 2011
I just purchased these socks for myself and they are as great as promised. My feet stay warm, dry and not smelly -- even after walking around in the snow and slush. Best of all, they are really comfortable, and a perfect length to wear under skinny pants that will be tucked into boots. (I find knee socks don't work well under skinny pants)> Fabulous socks.
28 people found this helpful
on February 8, 2013
This could be a problem because I'm a college student on a budget. But these socks are amazing! And that's huge coming from me. I've always had cold feet no matter what kind of boots I wear. I Googled what I could do about it and wool socks were the solution. Flash forward to Smart Wool. I literally don't know what to say. They are so comfortable and warm for these Ohio winters. They are cushioned/thicker on the bottoms and "casual thin" on the top. I usually wear a 9 in rain boots, 9.5 in shoes, and 10 in tennis shoes and boots. I ordered a medium and they fit like my other socks. I think a small would have been too small and a large would've been too big.
I ordered one pair and literally want to order as many as I can (did I mention that I have OCD as well-so now I want to buy a million). They were worth every penny- I never in a million years thought that I would spend $15 on a pair of socks. But I'm glad I did. Your feet are worth it-you can be cheap with shirts, purses, pants, nail polish, etc. but don't be cheap when it comes to your feet. They're what gets you to where you need to go. As a poor college student, these are worth it and you won't regret it.
One person found this helpful
Top Contributor: Babyon December 23, 2013
I wear these for work (business wear) during the cold winter days and they really help keep my feet comfy and warm. They are thicker than standard dress socks but work great with my boots. These are my second pair, but I'm in my second year with the first pair and they are holding up great and proving to be well worth the cost. I definately hang dry them but wash them in the machine on cold.
on February 12, 2013
these are my first pair of smartwool. my hubby purchased 6 pair for me for a gift. after hearing about how warm they kept your feet, i couldn't wait. OMG....they MASSAGE your feet during the day. wrote an email to a friend describing them as "yummy", she wrote back saying hers were "delicious". as always, no issue ordering from amazon re: color, fit, or delievery.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.