From the Back Cover
From the world’s most popular resource for Web designers and developers comes ultimate guide to WordPress themes. WordPress is so much more than a bogging platform, and Smashing WordPress Themes teaches you how to make it look any way like – from a corporate site, to a photo gallery, to an online magazine, and more.
WordPress expert, Thord Daniel Hedengren, author of Smahsing WordPress: Beyond the Blog, takes you through what really makes themes tick, what you can do with themes, and techniques for getting the best results. Starting with the WordPress Twenty Ten default theme, you’ll learn to work with template tags and create option pages for your themes. Next you’ll explore the child theme concept and create a variety of theme styles – fully customizing the look and feel of your WordPress-powered site.
You will Learn:
- The Anatomy of the Default Twenty Ten Theme
- Ways to Hack the Default Theme to Modify Features, Graphics, and Colors
- How to Work with Theme Frameworks
- The Best Way to Use Child Themes
- How to Integrate Theme Options
- How to Build a Media Theme
- How to Build a Newspaper or Magazine Theme
- Tips for Building a Semi-Static Corporate Theme
- Ways to Integrate Advanced Loop Tricks and Themes
Smashing Magazine (smashingmagazine.con) is one of the world’s most popular Web-design online magazines. True to the Smashing mission, the Smashing Magazine book series delivers useful and innovative information to Web designers and developers.