Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 912 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,036 reviews
on May 19, 2014
I looked at and read reviews on several GoPro cases before choosing this one. Two main reasons I made this choice was that (1) the description made it clear that the foam dunnage was made to accommodate the Hero 3+, which I have and (2) the lid compartment (which most all of the GoPro cases have) is in this case zippered. If you like what is stated in the description and like what the case looks like in the photos, then you will be happy with this case. It is true to the description and photos. I have my Hero 3+ with quick release buckle attached, two spare batteries and their charger (Wasabi Power), the Wi-Fi Remote, an X-Lapse "egg timer" pano gadget with the iPhone holder that came with it and the memory card adapter all in the main compartment. Cables in the lid compartment. There's no way I wanted a case big enough to carry all the mounts, etc that I will probably collect over time, so I'm also happy with the size. I wasn't looking for the absolute minimum size case either. This one holds all of the essentials and is very portable. Good protection all around and recommended.
on August 3, 2015
This is the perfect size to hold 2 GoPros and a variety of batteries and accessories. In mine, I have the following:

-Two GoPros, J-hook mounts, their housings and two additional dive back doors
-4 batteries, Smatree dual battery charger
-Quick Clip, flat and curved sticky mounts
-GoPro remote and charge cable
-L-bracket, tripod mount, flat mount

As you can see, everything fits very well. The case is very sturdy and the foam is very high quality. I found the included carabiner useful for hiking and for attaching to the outside of travel bags. The case is also easily configurable. For example:
-Pulling out a piece of foam allows you to swap between perfect fitment for dive and standard housings
-instead of two batteries (or where I put the back doors), you can drop in the LCD or battery backpacks
-Instead of a second GoPro, you can keep just the housing, a floaty backdoor, or even a mini-selfie stick

Technically, if I were OK with moving some stuff out and around, I can even fit the official GoPro suction cup mount.

Basically, how you use the space is up to your imagination, but this is a very versatile case with lots of room. If you want a step up, you're probably going to have to bring an entire toolbox of GoPro accessories- for myself, this is perfect for holding the essentials. Very well priced, and very good quality.
VINE VOICEon October 29, 2014
Even though I really love my little GoPro camera and appreciate having it with me, I have not had anywhere to store the the camera and all the various mounts and other toys that go along with it. In fact, I was using a big ZipLoc bag to put everything in just to keep everything in one place.

So, after looking around at various options, I tried this case out. It is terrific.

1. What's in the box:? You receive the nice sized bag, which is about the size of a large, dense paperback book, and within it, many cut-outs of the foam protection inside.

2. Aesthetic?: This is a nice looking case. The texture on the case is really a nice feature, plus the red trim makes this feel and look like an expensive piece of equipment. And why not? If you are like me, the GoPro is going out on many adventures in places where the camera needs protection when not in use.

3. Use?: The bag feels like it is well-made, especially for the money paid. The foam inserts can be manipulated by the user to adjust for the various things you may have like extra mounts, for example. Also, this allows for storage of the various versions of the GoPro. The great feature is the zippered pocket on the top flap. Here I store things like extra memory cards and adapters (for those micro SD cards), booklets, extra mounts and covers and whatever else I might lose or need during a trip with the camera.

Overall?: This is a very nice thing to have for a GoPro owner. For the money being spent, it is really a necessity to keep everything neatly organized. The only quibble I would have is the attached strap holder is probably not something I would depend on with a fully loaded bag, and the small carabiner is nice, but not a depend on your life kind of item. Otherwise, I have no complaints at all about this product.
on December 22, 2014
I love this case for my GoPro and so happy I got it! But why do I only give it 3 stars?

The case is a nice hard case with foam all throughout the inside. It comes with the fome cut outs inside the case, so if you don't have 2 extra batteries you can keep the foam insert inside the case so there aren't just open holes.

Long explanation followed by a summed up one sentence:

I have quite a few accessories for my GoPro, but wanted a nice protective case for it, which I got. I know all accessories would't fit in the case, and that is fine because they fit in my other camera bag. My issue is, the case is perfect for the camera inside the casing, the foatation backing, the base, the remote, batteries, and a few other connections. The zipper at the top can hold cables and some other attachments, BUT only a small amount. I couldn't fit all my additional attachments (meaning the pieces to change the direction of the camera or make it stand taller) nor could I fit in my headstrap. That was all I wanted to go in the case, and it all can go in places, but I have to struggle to close the case without sitting on top of it (joke about overpacking luggage)

I wish there was more room in the zipper to hold everything without making it more difficult to close and I feel like everything is squished.

In my eyes that took one star away from a 5 star product! It truly is a good case, just wish there was slightly more room so I don't have to keep my attachments that aren't accessories in a different bag.
on November 17, 2016
Although I returned this case, as I had returned my GoPro Hero 3 (see my other reviews), I'd definitely buy again if I was a GoPro user. It's perfect case for the GoPro Hero camera and most accessories. I couldn't believe how well made this case was for the price! It holds most all of the GoPro camera accessories that came with the GoPro Hero 3, as well as the camera, itself! Highly recommend to GoPro users needing a nice compact case to protect and transport your GoPro camera!
on August 30, 2014
A very nice case for your GoPro or any other small electronic items. Well padded and stylish. You can customize your storage compartment by pulling the foam out to match the contour of your device. The zipper pocket is great for storing user manuals or cables.

However this case is a bit smaller than I thought it would be. I can put a GoPro, a backpac battery, an LCD pac, the remote and a few mounts. I usually carry more mount choices than what will fit in the case. The suction cup will not fit in the case with the other mounts I need.

I still like the case but wish I would have bought the larger version.
on November 30, 2014
Used this while traveling in Southeast Asia for a month and it worked beautifully. I was able to hold a GoPro Hero 3+, a small external battery, two Wasabi batteries and a charger, an extra 8 hour Brunton battery, 5 MicroSDHC cards, several extra attachments, a head mount and assorted cables. It was a little packed, but it all fit and traveled wonderfully. Also easy for airport security to examine when being x-rayed. Throw in a Joby GorillaPod and you have everything you need for lots of great media.
on April 13, 2015
I bought this case (G160) for my Hero4 camera and some core accessories, so this review is written from that perspective. I already have a larger bag for all of my GoPro stuff, but was looking for something that fit the basic components I will always need (camera, batteries, SD cards, Smart Remote, Chargers/cables). For me, the size is exactly what I was expecting, nothing more, nothing less.

The quality of the case seems good, especially when I consider what it cost on Amazon. However, I rate this 3 stars for two primary reasons:

1) There is no padding at all on the bottom of the case. I would have liked1/8" of foam lining the bottom of the case.

2) It does not correctly fit the Hero 4. The cutout for the camera is too large for the Hero4 (with the standard housing and "touch sensitive" back. The cutout seems designed for the older GoPro models. I put my old Hero2 in the case (with the standard waterproof back) and it fit snugly enough that it didn't move around.

For the Hero 4, even with the small "spacer" foam in place, there is a gap on the camera sides, and top/bottom. This is with no thumbscrew or mount...only the Hero4 in case with the waterproof "touch screen" back. In other words, if you hold the Hero4 above the foam cutout and let go, it simply drops all the down with no resistance, at which point it hits the hard bottom of the case. Shake the case with the camera inside and you can hear the GoPro bouncing around on the hard bottom of the case.

Other than the two gripes above, the case seems well made (zipper, fabric, etc). There is no dedicated slot cut for the micro SD card/holder, but I can easily slice a couple of slots myself to correct that. If I only had the Hero2 I would keep the case and be very happy with it.

I agree with another review with respect to the zippered upper portion -- well done and two layers of fabric so it should last.
on December 12, 2014
Nice case for a single gopro and minimal accessories. Very nice size. Fits all the stuff I had at the time. Semi rigid design and deeper than expected so some thicker items can actually fit into the zipper pocket.

Hero 4 with base
Backdoors
3 cards in cases
2 extra batteries
Smatree charger w/wall wart
Cables
Helmet Mount

Similar item at Best Buy is around $60.

I recently bought some more mounts and a stick. No room in this case for any more.
on November 17, 2016
This is a great little case that can hold a lot of GoPro stuff. It's nice and lightweight, but it's firm and sturdy enough to protect the camera and other components inside. The foam is firm but light, the cutouts are well-sized and fitted, and the pouch in the lid holds a mini-tripod and other larger accessories. I bought a waterproof Pelican 1200 case at the same time I bought this little bugger, but I found I almost never need the Pelican and much prefer this one. It's just much easier to open, close, pack and tote around. Unless you need a waterproof, nearly bulletproof case, this little Smatree number is all you need. I'm very satisfied, and am happy to give it a five-star "I love it" review.