- Use promo code PRIMEDAYBOOK to save $5.00 when you spend $25.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEDAYBOOK at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Use promo code PRIMEBOOKS18 to save $5.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOKS18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Use promo code PRIMEBOOK18 to save $5.00 when you spend $15.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Enter code PRIMEBOOK18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Use promo code BOOK18 to save $10.00 when you spend $25.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Enter code BOOK18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Use promo code BOOKS18 to save $10.00 when you spend $20.00 or more on Books offered by Amazon.com. Enter code BOOKS18 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Smells Like Retirement: How to Create a Rock-Solid Plan for the Best Years of Your Life Paperback – October 28, 2016
|New from||Used from|
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
About the Author
Don Hurzeler is an author and professional photographer. He was a corporate warrior, rising to CEO of a billion dollar company and national president of a 25,000 member professional society. He never missed a paycheck during 40 years of corporate life. And today, he doesn’t miss those paychecks at all. Don found something to replace the income: his freedom.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Don has remained faithful to his moral compass taught to him as a young boy and man by a loving family. Although he has made a good deal of money in his life and has complete freedom to do what the damn hell he wants, he does not wear his success on his sleeve. This book is organized in such a way to allow you to read through it from the beginning, because it shows how sound planning can be incorporated into your everyday life experience. So, get this book, read it, put it down, come back again and read some more and keep it handy. Personally, I have not done the good job Don has done here with his retirement, but his good and positive attitude and outlook, still there after our high school days on the track team is a reminder that attitude, discipline, a sensed of humor can bring you success, even if your resources are not what you had planned for in retirement. This book should be shared with your children and friends as they look at their financial life. It is that good.
We did the old "compare and contrast" thing. What we found was the ideas and concepts here were pretty much right on. The contrast showed us we were on the money much of the time. Sometimes we made different decisions; however, those alternatives were listed. We also identified a couple of things to work on. Our conclusion from this was the the book is extremely credible and useful.
Another great thing about the book is that it goes beyond financial planning, although that is covered. Among the other things covered are defining what you want you retirement to be like, what to expect when you retire, relationships, and guidance about benefits and pitfalls of retirement. There is so much more; you will have to read the book to find out.
In summary, the book is written in understandable, concise language that is frequently humorous. In short it is readable. Examples and stories make it interesting. Bottom line, read the book now!
Most recent customer reviews