- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00835Q55I
- Item model number: 0209CV30KL
- Average Customer Review: 30 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,586 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Smith-Cooper International CV30L Series Brass Check Valve, Potable Water Service, 1" NPT Female
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.74. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Made from brass for higher corrosion resistance than steel
- Includes EPDM seat and seal, stainless steel spring, and spring-loaded poppet
- Female NPT threads for connecting to male threaded pipes
- Cracking pressure is 2 psi and maximum pressure rating is 200 psi
- Meets NSF/ANSI 61-8 for quality assurance and is certified to California AB1953
|Number of Items||1|
|Specification Met||NSF/ANSI 61-8|
|For use with what product?||Potable Water|
|Maximum Steam Pressure||Not Rated|
Specification for this product family
|Upper Temperature Rating||350|
|Brand Name||Smith-Cooper International|
|Connector Type||NPT Female|
|Manufacturer Series Number||CV30L|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
The Smith-Cooper International CV30L series check valve for potable water service is made of brass for corrosion resistance, ductility at high temperatures, and low magnetic permeability. Brass can be connected to copper, brass, plastic, aluminum, and welded steel. It has ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM) seat and seal, stainless steel spring, spring-loaded poppet, and female National Pipe Taper (NPT) connections on both ends. Female NPT threads connect to male threaded pipes, creating a tighter seal than straight threads. The cracking pressure is 2 pounds per square inch (psi), and the maximum pressure rating is 200 psi. This valve meets National Sanitation Foundation (NSF)/American National Standards Institute (ANSI) 61-8 for quality assurance, and is certified to California AB1953
Check valves have two ports and restrict the flow of fluids and other loose materials through a pipe or passageway to one direction. Flow enters through one port and exits through the other, closing when flow reverses or stops. Two common types of check valves are ball cone valves and swing check valves. A ball cone valve utilizes a spring-loaded ball seated against a cone-shaped interior surface to stop the flow of fluid in a forward direction, and a swing check valve has a movable disc on a hinge to block reverse flow. Check valves are rated by their cracking pressure (the minimum upstream pressure required for the valve to operate), and they are used in various water, gas, air, and steam lines.
Smith-Cooper manufactures a wide variety of pipe fittings and valves. The company is headquartered in Commerce, California, and meets relevant ANSI, ASTM, and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9002 standards.
Size: 1" | Number of Items: 1
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have used the check valve's that had the nylon (plastic shaft).... it was junk.
I used a "swing check valve" and my plumbing would shudder when my F&W 2 HP pump would shut off.
With this bad boy (Spring Check), my system quietly shuts down when the desired pressure is reached.
This item was 25% ($55 + tax) cheaper, than my local plumbing supplier.
I paid $82 OTD from my local supplier, and only paid $60 for this one (back-up) from Amazon.
Good quality and seems durable, now I just hope my pipes can stand up to the shock.