- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B00835Q0TE
- Item model number: 0190160GL
- Average Customer Review: 16 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #29,977 in Industrial & Scientific (See Top 100 in Industrial & Scientific)
Smith-Cooper International 160L Series Brass Hose Bibb, Potable Water Service, Elbow, T-Handle, 1/2" NPT Male
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Water valve with T-handle and rising stem for on/off actuation and flow control (throttling) in use with a hose
- Brass body for higher corrosion resistance than steel
- 125 pounds per square inch (gauge) (psig) rating for water, oil, and gas (WOG)
- Lead-free composition complies with California AB1953 for potable water service
- Male National Pipe Taper (NPT) inlet threads for connecting to female threaded pipe fittings
|Number of Items||1|
|Specification Met||Nsf/Ansi 61-8|
Specification for this product family
|Upper Temperature Rating||350|
|Brand Name||Smith-Cooper International|
|Connector Type||NPT Male|
|Manufacturer Series Number||160L|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
This Smith-Cooper International 160L series brass hose bibb has lead-free construction for use with potable water, a T-handle, and a male National Pipe Taper (NPT) thread inlet connection, and is used to control flow (throttling) to a hose. The corrosion resistant valve body and seat are constructed of ASTM International B-584 C89550 brass alloy, which contains 0.1 percent lead for a "lead free" designation. Its inlet connection is male NPT for connecting to a female threaded fitting, its outlet connection is a male hose thread, and its elbow shape helps liquid drain away from the valve. A manually operated brass plated zinc T-handle rotates the inside screw mechanism, which lifts and lowers the Nitrile seat disk to regulate the flow between the connected pipe and hose. The valve body has packing in the stuffing box to reduce the risk of leakage around the valve stem. The valve’s maximum pressure is 125 pounds per square inch (gauge) (psig) for water, oil, and gas (WOG). This hose bibb is CSA International approved and meets NSF International/American National Standards Institute (NSF/ANSI) 61.8 standards and complies with California Assembly Bill 1953 (AB1953), which limit the amount of lead in plumbing fixtures that come in contact with water intended for human consumption. This rising stem hose bibb is a type of globe valve and is suitable for use in various water plumbing systems.
Globe valves control flow rates in a piping system by the lift of a vertical stem and disk, which must be turned to open and close the valve. A seated disc extends into the center of the valve to act as a plug to restrict or open the flow path, depending on how tightly the valve stem is turned. The stem on globe valves can be either rising (moves up as the valve opens) to indicate if the flow is on or off, or non-rising (stem height remains constant when the valve is either open or closed) for use in small spaces. Globe valves are used in various water, gas, air, and steam piping systems that require frequent throttling operations.
Smith-Cooper International distributes pipe, fittings, and valves under its SCI trademark and manufactures valves under the Sharpe brand. The company, founded in 1993 and headquartered in Commerce, CA, meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standard 9002.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?