Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on August 13, 2011
RapidWeaver and its microcosmos of third-party add-ons and helpful user base is a wonderful environment. I had to improvise a fair amount of work-arounds but the end results are quite nice. Sure beats writing straight HTML (which I did since 1996). I'm not convinced that an upgrade from version 4.4.2 to version 5 is warranted (upgrades cost $39), even though version 5 is said to improve on how it handles files referenced from within RapidWeaver (for example, PDF files that users click to download).
on September 6, 2008
I have tried to use this program - I'm not sure about it yet.
I am used to getting free templates from open source web design (oswd.org) and modifying the HTML (and PHP) and Style sheets to what colour I want and so on and uploading with an FTP program.
Simple!
I wanted something that would make the process easier and something more flexible than iWeb (which does not let you edit HTML - like for adding google video code etc.
I thought this would be it - until I found it tricky. I found the template I wanted - but I had a choice of red or grey. I wanted blue. Can't use that template then....
I went to the rapidweaver website to see if I could get more templates - at $15 each I was a bit taken back.
(oswd.org have free templates).
I feel very limited in this package and I'm not sure if things are going to get any better the more I find out about what I am doing... We will see.

So - to conclude: So far it has been a limiting experience - but I am willing to be proved wrong by learning more about it. You can be sure it will be on amazon or e-bay if I cannot do what I set out to do.
on September 11, 2010
I love that you can purchase add-on from third party developers. Easy to learn and great effects
on July 30, 2009
I finally got a new iBook after using my husband's PC for years and wanted an easy to use (and easy on the pocketbook) web editor. RapidWeaver was so well reviewed and I thought I researched it well.

However -- my website has over 100 pre-existing pages made with PageMill 3.0, FrontPage, Dreamweaver, etc. over the last 10 years, and RapidWeaver CANNOT OPEN PRE-EXISTING HTML FILES, only files that it has generated.

I wish I knew this sooner. I wish it was stated on the box or on the realmac site.

If you want to produce a good looking website quickly from scratch and without doing any coding, RapidWeaver might be right for you. I'm selling mine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.