Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 176 reviews
on January 8, 2013
Just had my first mountain experience with these goggles and they performed fantastic. I have a big head, but they fit and sat on my face with perfect comfort. I spent about 6 hours on the slopes and the only time they ever fogged up is when I was breathing very heavily. A little bit of fog formed on the bottom left side, but it went away with each inhale. It never presented a visibility problem.

Speaking of visibility, it's amazing how good the view is in these. I took them off a few times during a run and I couldn't believe how snowblind I was. Put them back on and I could see again. I had borrowed a pair of cheap goggles from a friend a few weeks ago and I barely wore them because I couldn't see anything. Thankfully these are miles above beyond that.

I have the "Black Frame, Blue Sensor Mirror Lens" version.
on January 12, 2015
Never got to try them in the mountains but I returned them because the actual lens do not look like the picture. It is pretty much like the RC36 except its reflective. I called Smith Optics and a rep confirmed that it does not look like that picture and they altered it digitally. It reflects whites a lot better than darks so it may look like the picture in the slopes but I still dont like the tint making everything look pink-er. Ill attach pictures comparing it to the IM and RC-36 pics on the website.
review image review image
on February 24, 2013
I'm no snowboarding expert but I will say these goggles worked great for me.

First off I bought the rc36 Lens. I was leery about the rosey/copper tint but the mountain looked great and almost like a sunset hue partway through the day. I have a somewhat large head and they are extremely comfortable. They also didn't fog up on me at all, which really surprised me. Came with a nice pouch to carry them in and they feel well constructed Not much else to say but really great value for the cheap price.
on January 21, 2016
I picked these goggles up for a ski trip to Vermont and they worked great. They are not the most expensive goggles out there but they are a great value and I had no complaints.

The lens has a slight tint which is great on a bright day and not too dark for a cloudy day or night skiing. They are comfortable to wear for a long period of time & I would definitely recommend these goggles.

The picture below is of my ski trip, I’m on the left.
review image review image
on January 9, 2014
Purchased two pair for wife and me for 5-day trip to Snowshoe, WV. Extremely comfortable, protects against sun and wind, and breathable. Only complaint was during sub-zero temps first two days of skiing as moisture buildup on the inside froze (temps got down to -16F). I made mistake of trying to melt ice and wipe interior lens with shirt, which caused interior lens to scratch.

I believe the reason for the moisture buildup was ski mask protruding too high into goggle, so exhaled air was pushed up into goggle and froze on interior lens. My wife's goggle only did this slightly around bottom of lens, whereas my moisture freeze was across the top and nearly covered the entire right eye. She also wear a different kind of ski mask.

All said, I still used scratched lens for last two days with no problem with temps above 0 up to 35F. There was no moisture buildup these last two days, and no fog whatsoever during 4 days of use. I'll likely just replace the lens for next trip as the goggles are very comfortable and may try a different ski mask to prevent blowing air into goggle.
on November 21, 2014
I think these are probably good goggles. I ordered the black ones with ignitor mirror lenses, but what I got were the RC36 lenses even though the box says ignitor mirror lenses. Bait and switch. The RC36 goggles are $25 cheaper. So either something went horribly wrong with these folks or they are routinely putting cheap goggles in boxes labeled for much more expensive ones. Either way, it means more hassle for me to now ship them back and wait for a refund. Not happy.
on May 9, 2017
I gave this 3 stars because you get what you pay for. I'm not happy with the performance, but for the price, I got what I deserved for going cheap. They fog up moderately after not long on the mountain. The few times that I have taken them out, they get water in between the lenses from snow and that sloshes around and makes it pretty distracting and hard to dry. It takes about 2 days of sitting on the heater vent to get the water out. If you want a mediocre goggle at a cheap price, go for it. If you don't want to be frustrated with you goggles, buy something else.
on January 29, 2015
I bought these as my first pair of goggles. The first day I used them, they fogged up on the inside. I used my glove to clear it and realized the next time I went that I had scratched up the clear inner goggle layer up pretty bad. I was actually able to take the clear lens apart from the colored lens and just use the colored. It works fine but still fogs up once in a while. Overall, not impressed. I like the Smith brand but I am not impressed at all with these goggles. I would have sent these back if I didn't take them apart on the slopes.
on July 15, 2017
I have used these for one season and I was very happy. They don't fog up and provide a large, clear field of vision. The tint is just right to avoid snow blinding.
on June 15, 2017
Look no further, these are the googles you need if you're getting started. Don't go for something much cheaper or they'll fog up and ruin your day. These are both comfortable and functional. They aren't the finest or sleekest looking goggles, but they're a good value for the price.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.