Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments

Customer reviews

82%
18%
Color: White|Size: Large (59cm-63cm)|Change
Price:$71.23 - $120.00

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on March 11, 2014
This helmet is amazing. The air vents work great, the ear muffs are very warm, and overall a solid helmet. It does have the option to unzip the earmuffs and put in speakers which I will be doing at a later date. The goggle clip is a great function as well. I love the BOA system which allows me to change the tightness with ease on the go.

My only complaint is the sizing. I had someone else measure my head to eliminate any mistakes from doing it myself, I even had them do it several times to get a nice average. I got a 57.8 so I ordered the medium. While it is a very snug fit (helmets are suppose to be snug, not loose) which is good, it doesn't come down very far. When I wear this with my Spy Optic Platoon goggles, there is an unsightly gap between the top of the goggles and the bottom of the helmet. Keep this in mind, the Platoon goggles are larger than your average pair of goggles to increase visibility, so I can imagine with a normal pair of goggles, that gap could be even bigger. With a lot of adjusting, I can reduce that gap pretty well but it's still there.

I actually ended up getting in a bad accident the first time I had ever worn this snowboarding, in fact, the first time I had EVER worn a helmet snowboarding. I ended up breaking my collarbone as well as minorly fracturing my shoulder socket. If i hadn't of worn this helmet, I'm sure I would have ended up with a bad concussion as well, if not worse. I know now for sure that when I go snowboarding next, I will always have a helmet on.
on January 8, 2013
I bought this as a Xmas gift for my 21 yr old who was leaving the next morning for the UP to go snowboarding and skiing with a bunch of guys (and couple of girls). He is one that feels he doesn't need to wear a helmet (and has visited the emergency rm a few times for bumps and bruises). Based on his comments, he wore the helmet, stated it was warm and comfortable. If I can pick out a helmet and he ends up wearing it and liking it, it's a great helmet. I can only go by what he told me, but based on his facial expression and how he was somewhat impressed with the comfort and warmth when I asked, I'm going to go with it and believe he truly wore it and liked it. (he could have said it wasn't comfortable and he tried it, etc...). By looking at the helmet and not wearing it myself, it seems to be a very nice helmet and my older daughter also thought it was nice. Hope this helps and gets your kids to wear helmets!
on January 14, 2012
Fantastic helmet... Seriously... Its not labeled on here or on Smith's site very well but this really is an all season snowboarding helmet. If its warm, ditch the ear pads and open the vents on top of the helmet (one little slider switch opens and closes everything). If its cold, put both back on and you're good to go.

This helmet easily beats out the more expensive helmets I looked at locally as well as what Costco carried.
on December 15, 2012
Bought this model for wife and son, for its features and light weight. They wore the helmets today the first time at a Lake Tahoe ski resort in below freezing condition with some gusty wind. Both wife and son were very happy with the helmets, which did not cause any discomfort while keeping their heads and ears warm, and thanked me for choosing this model. What more can I say.
on April 11, 2012
Awesome helmet with great features.
-Padded shell interior
-Adjustable sizing strap
-Open/close vent switch
-Removable earpads for warm days or summer bike riding or other sports
-Earphone capabilities.
Only negative is that it costs more than cheaper helmets, but you get what you pay for.
on January 30, 2013
Bought this for my husband and he loves it. I love that it come with it's own carry bag to protect it from scratches when in transit. The adjustable fit and adjustable vents are perfect for keeping your head cool and protected on the slopes.
on February 9, 2014
Great fit and true to size. I've bought a k2 helmet that was slightly narrow on the sides and was very uncomfortable. Returned it and got this helmet. Feels light has very comfy inner lining. Great ear padding also. Glad I went with smith.
on January 4, 2014
Seems like a really good build quality and looks pretty good. The vent system works good, as does the boa size adjustment. The back of it seems to get in the way of the closure for my face mask sometimes, but I would consider that trivial.
on February 12, 2014
Great helmet. Very comfortable and warm on a -15 Stowe day. Takes a little tweaking to get the adjustment comfortable, but good to go after that.
on March 15, 2012
This helmet fits great, has great protection, easy ventilation, and very comfortable on your head and ears. Just buy it, I am thrilled I did. Can't wait to use it next ski season. Always protect your head!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.