Salon Beauty Summer Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

Smith Phenom Goggle (Red Sol X Mirror, Chrome Max)
Color: Chrome Max|Lens Color: Red Sol X Mirror|Change

on June 13, 2011
The Sensor Mirror lens offers great contrast in flat light. I also purchased a Platinum Mirror lens which is a good all-around lens. The lens are fairly easy to swap with practice. The goggles are comfortable, unless you choose to wear a ski-helmet. Even if your helmet is made by Smith (I wear a medium Maze), the goggle-strap is probably not long enough to avoid compressing your eyeballs. You can buy a Smith-manufactured "Helmet Helper" strap extension for $5-10...plus $8 shipping/handling. Or you can make a ghetto substitute like I had to, since the Helmet Helper was out of stock almost everywhere when I got these goggles. In case you were wondering, the giant strap-buckle will not allow you to wear the strap inside of your helmet. My $40 Smith goggles came with a much longer strap that has fit all of my ski helmets. I would expect a goggle that retails for $110 more would give me an extra 2" of strap material. Or, Smith could include the Helmet Helper with the goggles. It shouldn't be this hard to be a ski-bum.
6 people found this helpful
on February 11, 2013
These goggles were great looking and priced well....unfortunately, they were just too big for my face.....a huge disappointment to me as I wanted them for an upcoming ski trip. Had to return them :-( & start a search for another pair. Return was easy & well documented by supplier & Amazon....haven't received my credit yet, but I have no doubts it will appear on my statement soon.
on May 8, 2013
Love the goggles! Wore them over a smith vantage helmet. No problems and no gappers gap. I bought the helmet helper but didn't need it. I don't have a very wide face, that may be why. If you have a wide face and are wearing a helmet, you will probably need the helper
One person found this helpful
on February 3, 2014
Best goggles I have purchased to date. Lens swapping is fairly easy as well so purchasing different lens shades would be the way to go!
on April 17, 2013
Good fit and great lens for bright to medium cloudy days. Strap is a bit short for use with a helmet.
on December 25, 2012
Goggles arrived in less than a week and were in prime condition! Exactly as described and wonderful for helmets-has a sticky lining on the inside of the straps so it doesn't slip! Loved it!
on December 26, 2012
awesome looks no fog comfy no viz problems under all conditions smith gogs rule the mtn and im quite happy with purchase high recommend
on January 22, 2013
Great performance no problems with fogging. You will not find a better deal I spent ours looking all over the net
One person found this helpful
on February 1, 2013
They are smith, which is great quality... and for the price they are well worth it. I would buy them again for sure.
on July 28, 2013
They are a good comfortable fit and don't fog up, even when sweating hard uphill. Mid range lens good for most snow conditions.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question