|Price:||$71.97 - $85.49 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
|Fits as expected||
- SMITH & WESSON - Known for outstanding quality and attention to fine detail. We're proud to introduce a boot that sets a new standard for construction, durability, and price. The Breach 2.0 is built upon years of top caliber manufacturing and industry experience.
- TOUGH - The leather and nylon construction is made to provide full protection without compromising on comfort. A gusseted tongue keeps dirt and debris out.
- COMFORTABLE ALL DAY - An EVA Midsole gives lightweight comfort and cradled support, and for added support we used a steel shank. Board-lasted construction creates a torsional rigidity that reduces foot fatigue during long work shifts.
- SLIP RESISTANCE - The rubber outsole is engineered to minimize traction loss with an innovative pattern that grips dirt, waxed surfaces, fences and ladders, and anything the urban jungle can throw at you.
- AFFORDABLE - Breach 2.0 provides high quality construction at a budget-friendly price, giving you the best bang for your buck. No matter your trade, if you require footwear you can count on, the Breach 2.0 works hard like you do to outperform and outlast. Direct Premium Buys donates a portion of the proceeds to Operation First Response, a wounded-warrior charity.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Breach 2.0 side-zip boot offers both the durability and reliability you’d expect from tactical footwear bearing the Smith & Wesson name. But don’t let their strength fool you – these boots are also extremely comfortable for everyday wear, no matter what your daily battles entail.
The Breach 2.0 features:
• Leather/nylon upper for added protection and comfort
• YKK® side zipper in durable Viston® pattern for easy on and off fit with hook and loop tab-stay closure
• PU Collar for easy cleaning
• Foam-padded collar and tongue for protection and increased breathability
• Gusseted tongue to keep dirt and debris out
• EVA Midsole for lightweight comfort and cradled support
• Steel shank for superior support
• Board-lasted construction for torsional rigidity, reducing foot fatigue during long work shifts
• Slip-resistant, non-marking rubber outsole
• Available in both 6” and 9” height
Best of all, the Breach 2.0 boot provides high quality construction at a budget-friendly price, giving you the best bang for your buck. Whether you are in law enforcement, an industrial trade, or another profession that requires footwear you can count on, the Breach 2.0 works hard like you do to outperform and outlast.
Support Operation First Response
A portion of the proceeds are donated by Direct Premium Buys to Support a Wounded Warrior in need. Operation First Response serves the wounded heroes, and their families and with your support together we make a difference. Smith & Wesson is not affiliated with Operation First Response.
- Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
- ASIN: B077SFDTGK
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 28, 2017
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had spent a couple of months looking for a pair of boots with a side zipper when I found these. Compared to the pair of Bates boots that I tried at Sears- these are a far better buy. They don't leak nearly as much- but mainly for rainy weather- your not going to be wading in these. The zippers are YKK types- much stronger than the flimsy cheap zippers on the Bates.
In terms of fit- 10 was unavailable and these are not available in 9.5 4E. I wound up getting 10 2Es- and they fit perfectly, so I'd say they run a bit smaller than New Balance. I have rather flat feet- and the insoles are perfectly fine for me. They will take a bit to fully break in, but so far I've never felt better when standing for long periods.
The toe is reinforced- these aren't steel-toed. The soles have rather aggressive treads- so make sure to knock the mud off. The zippers are really handy for taking the boots off without having to deal with the laces after a long day. For the price this is a great deal, as the Bates go for 120$.
These are manufactured in Vietnam.
Highly recommend this pair of boots if your looking for a pair of boots with a tall ankle cuff+ side zipper.
Men's Metro Air 9-Inch Side-Zip Tactical Boot size 8, which were bit at my right calf and left ankle, followed by Bates 778
Men's Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Tactical Sport Side-Zip Boot, which had some knot at the base of the tongue that dug onto my ankles, to find these Smith & Wesson Breech 2.0s that fit comfortably right out of the box. There will be a little break in time for additional comfort, but they didn't even need to be soaked and worn dry to break in. Definitely the most pew pew for your buck! And, they donate to the Wounded Warriors! (See my followup review)
It has been a couple of weeks and I have additional information. First, they are still comfortable, however, the inserts need to be replaced. I have a wide foot, so I normally get 8s. These were 7 1/2 Es. The padding for the insert are too thin, so I replaced them with a couple from a different boot (Haix). The heel cup is formed to the size, so two inserts I used in the other boot made the heel too high - resulting in pain in the ankle area. So, your favorite aftermarket insert is needed. The boot is barely wide enough for my foot, so double Es would have been perfect, but they don't have EEs. Wearing them loose laced helps with comfort while maintaining a secure fit. Second issue, they squeak from the zipper flap. I rubbed bar soap on the flap, which stopped the squeak. which seems to come from the heel. This is not a good thing for stealth mode. The boot comfort will come down to your insert.
I gave the boots four stars and will buy them again. They break in great, running is comfortable, and polish up fine. Considering some minot adjustments, they are a good value and support a great cause.
PS, kudos to Amazon for quickly facilitating the returns for the above rejects!
I am very disappointed that these have not even lasted for more than two months of regular wear. Keep in mind, I work at a computer desk, don't use these for hiking, or anything else, these are simply used for getting around. I expected this to last much longer than 2 months.
I've attached a few photos to show the condition they are in on the outside, to demonstrate how well I've kept them, as well as a few shots of the inside, where you can see that some of the lining has completely rubbed off after only a few uses.
UPDATE: I've put some serious miles on these boots. There was virtually zero break-in period, which, in and of itself is amazing. The first hike i wore them for 4 miles and didn't have a single blister or sore spot. Since, I've worn them for more than 50 collective miles, and they're still in great shape, and still haven't put a single blister on my feet. They are great support for my ankles and keep your feet cool--are good for hiking in the desert. That said, i live in Arizona, so i have no idea if they're actually waterproof or not, but on all other points, these boots are great!!