Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Smith & Wesson SWPENMP2BL 5.8in Aircraft Aluminum Refillable Tactical Screw Cap Pen for Outdoor Survival Camping and Everyday Carry
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- DIMENSIONS: 5.8 inch (14.7 cm) overall length and a weight of 1.4 ounces
- DURABLE: Pen is made of reliable T6061 Aircraft Aluminum
- DEPENDABLE: Quick and easy access with the convenient pocket clip and screw-off top
- SECURE: Have confidence that this tool will perform when needed for self-defense and blend in when not in use
- BE PREPARED: Pen can be refilled with Schmidt P900M Parker Style Black Ball Point Cartridges
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Smith and Wesson focuses on creating knives that are ready for all situations. Whether you are a knife collector, survivalist or a first responder, you can trust that your S&W knife will be the tool you can rely on in any situation.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Showing 1-8 of 97 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
ALSO ... The tension spring, that comes with this pen is VERY tight on the FISHER REFILL cartridge point so YOU NEED TO PUSH HARD AND SCREW THE SPRING ALL THE WAY ONTO THE REFILL CARTRIDGE. Then ... INCLUDE THE PLASTIC SPACER/ADAPTER which increases the length of the FISHER cartridge and makes it compatible with this pen.
The SMOOTH, FLAT CAP is much better (IMO) as a layman's fighting tool because you can place your thumb on the cap for maximum leverage, while thrusting and stabbing, in a panic-response situation. Other tactical pens have a sharply pointed glass-breaker or a "DNA cup" or a sharp "crenellated" crown, on one end ... This leaves nowhere to place your thumb, for optimal thrusting leverage.
SO ... No matter if this pen is open (in use) or closed (for carry), you will have BOTH a sharp point AND a flat cap that is securely screwed onto the body ... zero chance of failure with VERY INTUITIVE ERGONOMICS and BOMB-PROOF physical integrity.
DEDUCTING ONE STAR because the screw threads are just a little bit uncomfortable if you choke-up your grip on the tip, while writing. This is not painful but might annoy some people, if they need to write several pages in a single, long session.
Really, it is a fighting tool, first and a pen, second but, with the FISHER INSERT, it will write any-WHERE ... any-TIME ... In any position ... in the rain ... under water ... under a wide range of temperatures and can go through airport security and onto an international flight (even in Israel).
If you intend to write a full essay or a screen-play ... better get a pen that is made just for writing but for penning a letter, jotting down notes or writing cheques ... this pen is more than adequate.
Several things I like:
1. Solid construction.
2. The cap screws on at both ends which provides added security in the unfortunate event you need to use this in a self-defense situation.
3. The blue color is subdued and pleasant. Please note the blue is a shade darker than what is shown in the picture.
4. The stock cartridge writes well. No skipping or ink blobs.
5. It takes standard refills.
Some folks have expressed reservations about the S&W branding on the pen. FWIW I'm not bothered by this. If someone gets alarmed by seeing the S&W logo...too bad for them. We have too many sheeple walking around these days, and I'm not going to concern myself with protecting their delicate sensibilities. Also most people are wandering around with their heads buried in their mobile devices, and I doubt most would notice if an elephant entered the room.