|Item Weight||168 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||21 x 21 x 60.8 inches|
|Item model number||XCG-50|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||10-year limited tank warranty and 6-year limited parts warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Home Improvement Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
A.O. Smith XCG-50 ProMax Tall Gas Water Heater, 50 gal
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Blue Diamond glass coating provides superior corrosion resistance to industry-standard glass lining
- Self-powered electronic gas valve uses thermopile to generate power needed to operate the electronic gas control without requiring external power
- Internal microprocessor provides enhanced operating parameters and tighter differentials for precise sensing and faster heating response
- Dynaclean diffuser dip tube helps reduce lime and sediment buildup, maximizes hot water output; made from long-lasting PEX cross-linked polymer
- Meets all current regulations set forth by the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA)
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The ProMax family offers a wide range of water heating solutions-from models that help you qualify for gas utility rebates to high recovery models ideal for large families with high demand for hot water. And, our specialty vent gas water heater options can be installed almost anywhere in your home because they can vent up to 40 feet. Our direct vent models feature two-pipe combustion systems that draw clean air from outside the home, eliminating any worries about indoor ventilation.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Our previous gas hot water heater lasted nearly 19 years which is kind of incredible being that it only had a 6 year warranty. The only issue I ever really had with it is that the 40 gallon capacity became too small as we added 3 kids to our family over the years. Replacing it meant finding one with a higher capacity. It started leaking a few weeks ago so we searched and searched and finally settled upon this 50 gallon one.
All of the connections were in the same location as the previous one so that helped a great deal with the installation. The company that installed it did so in about an hour and a half including the removal of the old one. There were no additional fittings or connections required that weren't already either existing or came with this new hot water heater. That said you may want to check carefully to be sure that nothing else is required for your own unique installation.
There is a small control module attached near the bottom just above the access panel. From here you can adjust your heat settings. There is also a flashing indicator light which tells you if it is working correctly or if something is wrong. The flash codes are on the module itself along with their descriptions.
Right after it is installed you will likely have sediment in your water lines that you will want to purge by running the hot water until it runs clear. There is really no avoiding this but everything is fine after you purge. For my house it probably was 15 to 20 minutes of running water before the water ran completely clear. Yours may take more or less time to purge.
Once I allowed a full tank to heat up, we ran some more hot water to gauge the temperature by touch. We then were able to adjust the temperature using the adjustment knob on the module at the bottom of the hot water heater until it was perfect for us. That night bath time for the kids left no one having to wait for the water to heat up for the first time ever for us. The kids all took their baths one after the other each one filling the tub 3/4 or more full and all reported plenty of hot water.
UPDATE 05/17/18: Still going strong with no issues whatsoever 16 months after installation.