|Item Weight||12 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||4 x 2 x 3 inches|
|Item model number||13046B|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||13046B|
|OEM Part Number||13046B|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Smittybilt 13046B D-Ring Shackle 1/2" Threaded Pin 2.0 Ton Rating Black
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 1/2 inch D-ring shackle
- 2.0 ton pull rating
- Powercoated Gloss Black finish – Long lasting, rugged looks with anti-rust coating
- Threaded shaft for easy installation - can be mounted on any tow point location
- Lab tested and certified to get you out of tough situations with dependable, heavy duty performance
Frequently bought together
Compare with similar items
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Tow attachment points are critical in off-road recovery. The Smittybilt Shackle/D Ring provides a strong attachment point when you need it most.
From the manufacturer
The Smittybilt D-Rings are zinc-coated cast steel construction or are powder coated black. The Smittybilt D-Rings are a perfect match for all Smittybilt bumpers with D-Ring mounts .Look to Smittybilt D-Rings to help guide you out of any situation.
- Designed for high quality towing
- Made from strong material
- Plated with zinc coating or powder coated black
- Corrosion resistant
- Ensures easy installation
|Part #||Type||Pin Size||Pull Rating||Color||Ideal for|
|13046||Threaded||1/2"||2.0 ton||Zinc Plated||ATVs, marine|
|13046B||Threaded||1/2"||2.0 ton||Gloss Black||ATVs, marine|
|13047||Threaded||3/4"||4.5 tons||Zinc Plated||Jeeps|
|13047B||Threaded||3/4"||4.5 tons||Gloss Black||Jeeps|
|13047R||Threaded||3/4"||4.5 tons||Gloss Red||Jeeps|
|13048||Threaded||7/8"||6.5 tons||Zinc Plated||Trucks|
|13048B||Threaded||7/8"||6.5 tons||Gloss Black||Trucks|
For over 50 years Smittybilt has been the brand customers trust to outfit their Jeeps with reliable, functional accessories. All Smittybilt products are created by off-road enthusiasts. This deep heritage of innovation continues today with over two thousand unique products for not only Jeeps, but trucks and SUVs as well.
In addition to widely copied items like the Sure Step, Smittybilt is best known for their distinctive bumpers and armor. However, their expansive line extends well beyond Jeep accessories and includes trail equipment, winches, soft goods and much more.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We did a recovery this morning on a 2013 Honda Pilot that had gone into a snow-filled ditch at high speed. The Smittybuilt 3/4 shackle was installed on the front of an F-150 recovery vehicle. We had a nylon double-loop snatch cable in use at all times. The other end of the cable was attached to a WARN 2" receiver block hosting a WARN 3/4 Shackle.
We made at least 30 jerk-pulls and eventually got the vehicle out. For that, I am thankful. However, the Smittybuilt D-Shackle badly deformed during the first half of our pulls. When we went to remove it, the threads were stuck and we couldn't unfasten it. The coating on the threads appears to have worn off during the recovery. Also the shackle itself was bent from the pulls, as you can see in the photo.
The Warn shackle was completely fine.
We scrounged around to find a tool to insert into the hole on the pin of the Smittybuilt shackle. Eventually we found that the F-150 factory jack handle loop would fit, and we were able to get enough leverage with that to unscrew the pin out of the deformed Smittybuilt shackle.
Real-deal, fully rated, made in the USA parts are not very expensive compared to branded 4x4 lifestyle accessories like these things. Get the real parts, which are used by loggers, riggers, and crane operators.
The opening is also only 1.25", not the 1.5" or 2" claimed by some of the reviews here... If these measurements fit your needs then I'm sure you'll be pleased.
- In size and shape--right down to the hole size in the pin head and shape of the pin head--the TGL brand appears to be a copy of the Smittybilt shackle. The Smittybilt shackle has the word "Smittybilt" in raised letters, but that's about it. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they're both manufactured by the same company on the same line.
- Pin threads are clean and easy to screw in.
- Load limit is indicated in raised letters/numbers.
- Thread pitch and pin size are the same so parts are interchangeable between the two brands.
- Paint is a bit thicker on the Smittybilt shackles.
- The black paint is a little thinner on the TGL brand. I originally thought paint thickness was a purchasing factor, which is why I started by purchasing the Smittybilt shackles (which have thicker paint). However, after normal handling of both shackles, the paint doesn't hold up worth a darn. A little bit of knocking or scratching against hard surfaces (concrete, metal, etc.) easily wears away the paint. You can see some of it in the included pictures, and that's just from knocking shackles together, attaching to a receiver, etc.
Both brands are made in China.
Going forward, I'll purchase the TGL shackles rather than the Smittbilt brand. I don't see a compelling reason to pay the higher Smittybilt price. (Note: In the attached pictures, the Smittybilt shackle is on the right.)
Threw them on and didn’t think twice about it. Couple months later and they have rust spots just from where they contact on my recovery points and rub. Keep in mind I live in Southern California.
These things are just honestly really poor quality. Don’t waste your money
Top reviews from other countries
Smittybilt is a great company with great products. I own a mechanic shop and we have used them for light brackets, winch, as well as front and rear bumpers. Every single product I have seen from them is A+. There are no casting defects and the powder coating is flawless.
I will use Smittybilt products as often as I can on builds moving forward.
Well made shackles. The paint is a nice deep red and coated evenly. Unfortunately the pin is not the advertised size, is actually 7/8". Will update how the paint ages once I've had them for awhile.