Smoke Hollow 38202G Propane Gas Smoker by Masterbuilt, 2-Door, 38"
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 3. 4 Cubic Feet Cabinet Cooking Capacity
- 4-Chrome Plated Cooking Grids with Multiple Adjustment Levels
- Sausage hanger included
- Fuel type: LP gas output at 20, 000 BTUs
- Push-button ignition system
Featured items you may like
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Compare with similar items
Masterbuilt 20051311 GS30D 2-Door Propane Smoker, 30" (Old Version), Black
PIT BOSS 77435 Vertical Lp Gas Smoker, Red
Masterbuilt MB20051316 Propane Smoker with Thermostat Control, 40 inch, Black
|Sold By||—||VM Express||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||19.73 x 27.32 x 47.10 inches||21.10 x 21.40 x 43.50 inches||21.50 x 23.00 x 47.00 inches||22.80 x 28.70 x 53.00 inches|
|Item Weight||68.00 lbs||58.43 lbs||52.00 lbs||—|
The Smoke Hollow 38-Inch Gas Smoker includes four chrome-plated cooking grids with multiple adjustment levels and a sausage hanger. The two door system makes it easier to control internal heat and moisture and allows the user to feed water and wood chip pans without having to open the top door. The gas control system gives you ultimate control and also increases the low to high temperature range.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* 20,000 BTU burner! It matters.
* Heats up very quickly. 450 degrees F. in 5 minutes with an outside temperature of 62 degrees F. I was looking for this information prior to buying it and couldn't find it, so hopefully this is helpful to someone. Why is this important, when smoking is generally done under 250 degrees? Living in a climate where the outdoor temperature is < 30 degrees for months out of the year, I needed something with power, that will get up to temp and stay there. An electric smoker that has a maximum temperature of 250 or 275 is going to take forever to get to 225 on a cold, windy day.
* Packaging - this was packaged well and there were no problems; dents, scratches, etc.
* Easy assembly - took one person about an hour. Instructions are maybe 4/5.
* Large wood pan, big enough for chunks (not just chips / pellets).
* No door gaskets. A gasket should be purchased for the top door.
* Inaccurate door thermometer. This was initially under "Pros" as accurate. During the first use it was accurate and comparable to temperatures reported from 3 remote probes. It is since quite off ( +/- 30 deg)
Background - I've owned Primo Oval (Charcoal / wood), Cajun Injector (Electric), Char Broil (Electric), Masterbuilt (Electric), Bradley (Electric). This is my first gas smoker. I've been smoking meat for about 20 years.
Assembly was fairly easy and took about an hour.
* Make sure to unwrap the regulator hose before attaching the burner, otherwise you'll be taking the burner back off later to do it.
* The doors go on and off easily. Put them on when attaching the hardware (Handles, latches). Pop them off when needed.
* Don't freak out about putting the door gasket on. It takes about 5 minutes. The gasket DOES cut with a scissors. It doesn't have to be perfect, but unless you're really careless, it's going to be close to perfect - I mean you're cutting 4 pieces of gasket and making a rectangle. I researched which is better; gasket on door or smoker box and couldn't find much. I put it on the door and it seems to be fine. There should be less chance of it coming in contact with food / juices etc. being on the door.
* After installing the gasket on the top door, it became apparent that the main smoke leakage is now coming from the top of the bottom door, which makes sense. It's my understanding that people have issues with the burner flame going out if the bottom door has a gasket. I may install a piece of gasket on just the top portion of the bottom door, which should still allow ample air flow.
It arrived completely undamaged, went together in less than an hour and instructions were simple and clear.
Huge smoke box (biggest I've seen) which means you can load it up with some small and large chips of wood and it will smoke a long time and 4 adjustable shelves which I never had before (two shelves and not adjustable in my last smoker), and two locking and fairly well sealing doors.
Its big, will hold a lot of brisket, pork shoulder, ribs and a huge turkey but takes two people to carry (or one strong one).
I like this and as a 20+ year smoker of meats, highly recommend this Smoke Hollow Smoker!
One note I would like to add as an afterthought...Upon further inspection I noticed the water pan was slightly dented in shipment- not a problem in itself but the enamel like coating was chipped thus a potential for rust over time.
I debated whether to call the clearly marked in instructions customer service department and decided to do so and my call was picked up on the first ring, I wasn't put on hold, and the person I spoke to said they would immediately send out a replacement water pan.
So, awesome customer service on top of a great smoker!
Following the instructions I did the seasoning stage. Coated the inside with spray oil, filled the wood box with apple wood chips, and then filled the water bowl. The burner fired up on the first spark and I left the dial set to high. As other reviewers have mentioned smoke does leak out of the sides of the upper door. I need to decide if its worth adding an oven gasket to seal it tighter. As one of my pictures show it will get above 350F and this was confirmed by a second thermometer. The door mounted thermometer does read differently but that's to be expected from generic door thermometers.
Tomorrow I'll fire it up again and set the dial to low to see if it holds a steady 225F for an extended period of time but so far I'm very content with the product and look forward to many happy meals. I also purchased a mat to place under the smoker to prevent the expected grease to collect there rather than on my patio.